VICE News Under Fire for Workplace Harassments Against Female Staff

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Patriarchy strikes at the most left leaning major news outlet currently in existence.

19y91p.jpg

Vice Media is apologizing for its "detrimental" workplace culture after a scathing investigation by the New York Times revealed pervasive allegations of sexual harassment.

"We have failed as a company to create a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone, especially women, can feel respected and thrive," said a statement released Saturday from Canadian Vice founders Shane Smith and Suroosh Alvi.

The Times reported Saturday that it found four legal settlements involving allegations of sexual harassment or defamation against Vice employees.

In addition, the investigation found that more than two dozen other women "had experienced or witnessed sexual misconduct at the company."

Vice has built a reputation for being cutting-edge in its approach to news coverage and journalism in an effort to appeal to a millennial audience. Much of its staff, including those in management positions, are considered younger than what might be found in traditional news organizations.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/vice-apologizes-ny-times-report-1.4463888

Good.

That shit is getting a bit too preachy.

Horny Hipsters.

The wannabe Hippies are the worst..

They originally tried to deny it. Apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg for Vice. People could end up in jail.

I still wish they could return to real journalism instead of this Shane smith mid life crisis propaganda. They are not living up to expectations (financially).

They originally tried to deny it. Apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg for Vice. People could end up in jail.

I still wish they could return to real journalism instead of this Shane smith mid life crisis propaganda. They are not living up to expectations (financially).
I actually really liked their coverage on Middle East, especially their war zone reports. They went full SJW after the European migrant crisis started, and I stopped paying attention to them.

I actually really liked their coverage on Middle East, especially their war zone reports. They went full SJW after the European migrant crisis started, and I stopped paying attention to them.

Their doco about the Afghan war was great. For me it started going downhill during the Russian involvement in Ukraine. I relied on their insight for non bias coverage, but even on the ground it was exceptionally bias. Not that Russia was innocent, but some realistic coverage as to why Russia would want control of Crimea and want its say in Ukrainian politics is a must.

Vice could have been something special that bridged the differences between left and right, but it has become an abomination.

I liked vices trip to north Korea years back when there wasn't nearly as much information and documentaries on the subject. But theyre a far cry from that these days.

Gavin sold his share and got away long ago, fortunate for him.

But it has become a SJW outlet fit to disappear.

I saw somewhere that Vox supposedly cancelled the open bar at their Christmas party in the wake of #metoo. I guess they were worried about the male progressive "allies" that work for them raping all the female employees if they get drunk.

now they can do a self documentary

Their Ukraine coverage was absolutely pathetic. They completely bought the CIA neo-nazi agenda and completely missed the proxy-war implications with Russia.

They had some great work on HBO up until that point.

Their doco about the Afghan war was great. For me it started going downhill during the Russian involvement in Ukraine. I relied on their insight for non bias coverage, but even on the ground it was exceptionally bias. Not that Russia was innocent, but some realistic coverage as to why Russia would want control of Crimea and want its say in Ukrainian politics is a must.

Vice could have been something special that bridged the differences between left and right, but it has become an abomination.
Couldn't(and didn't) have said it better myself. I too thought they bridged a really unbiased and strictly journalistic gap until they covered Ukraine.

Be curious to do some digging and see what sort of changes took place around that time. Any new executives? Statements made? You don't take a 180 like that for no reason. *Tin-foil hat* Someone didn't like what they were doing and got to them.

fuck vice, i was a fan when they did that ISIS footage in 2014, after that i saw only shit, even when they covered MMA it was boring as hell

That office not being 90% women with women in charge is obviously sexist anyway.. One of these guys was probably racist as well.

Back