Verbal Agreed Bout Between James Vick & Joe Duffy in Jeopardy; Duffy Has Yet to Sign Contract

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
UPDATE 9/19:
MMA Today has learned that despite both fighters verbally agreeing and being issued contracts, Joe Duffy vs. James Vick will NOT be happening on the UFC: Norfolk card. Contracts were then issued for UFC 217 in New York City. Apparently at this time, Vick has signed his contract, but Duffy has not yet put pen to paper. It is also unknown at this time what the exact reason for Duffy not yet signing is.

Vick even has taken to social media to express his frustration in not being able to definitively have Duffy as an opponent

https://mma-today.com/sources-irelands-joseph-duffy-vs-james-vick-targeted-fall-event

I wonder what the hold up could be. Duffy got his new contract, said he wanted to fight. He verbally agreed to the fight and contracts went out awhile ago yet Duffy isn't signing. Any ideas? This fight would be awesome on UFC 217.

Cycle timing or a nagging injury would be the usual issue lol

After the statelines pitbull problems he really took on the form of a dog:

20130816030132_5D3_1034.JPG

MAAAA GAWD

don't let this fight be in jeopardy

Lol the fuck? Duffy literally just signed a new deal with the UFC, but not signing to fight?

Would love to see this fight, I wonder what is keeping Duffy from signing?

Honestly Duffy strikes me as one of those divas. Like Sterling and Iaquinta

He has been saying on twitter for like the last week his fight is being announced soon so it must be happening.

That is a great fight. Finally a well deserved step up for Vick. Sign the dotted line!

I just read the article, the only person who says Duffy hasn't signed the contract is the author, there's no source.

Vick's IG post says "The dream team is about to be reunited! Leaving Monday for training camp. Can't believe they still haven't announced my fight yet when I signed my contract a week ago."

Duffy said his fight is being announced soon.

The only delay I can think of is perhaps an injury to Duffy. Literally just signed a new contract and would get a shot on being a great card.

Assuming this goes through, the rich just get richer on an already STACKED 217 card.

Gotta work his way up to Duffy McGregor 2...in boxing

Right? Its such an awesome fight and seeing Vick knocked unconscious will be great.

Vick's replacement after Duffy ducks him is going to have to be a little higher ranked then.

Fights aren't fights until a contract is signed. Verbal agreements are nothing.

If Duffy won't fight, put Vick vs. Paul Felder or Michel Prazeres on UFC 218 or newly announced Fresno FN (123) event.

Vick's replacement after Duffy ducks him is going to have to be a little higher ranked then.
Fine with me. I just wanna see dude get KO'ed back down the rankings like when he fought Dariush.

If Duffy won't fight, put Vick vs. Paul Felder or Michel Prazeres on UFC 218 or newly announced Fresno FN (123) event.
I'm anxious to see some fights announced for the Fresno card. If the card is worth it, I'll make the drive.

Back