Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their goal is not to make a great movie, it's to fill as many seats as they can.

just got AMBER alert on my phone for Sony’s spine

DnT2rkqXsAE5PCL.jpg

I don't think i've ever known a film to start so well and get fans so excited with Tom Hardy, Venom and rated-r to slowly get worse and worse as we get closer than this one lol

I feel like the messy trailers are throwing us off and maybe the actual film is gonna be completely different and maybe amazing... I hope so atleast.

They will redeem themselves with they release the uncut version on blu ray. The director pretty much said it was gonna be butchered to reach a pg-13 release but they would release an uncut Blu-ray. I think this will be better than people think but it will be hurt by lack of spider-man/carnage and no web slinging.

If Josh Brolin can come back after JONAH HEX, Tom Ha<Oku02><Oku02><Oku02><Oku02>
<Oku02><Oku02><Oku02><Oku02><Oku02><Oku02> . . .

They fucked up by doing a half agent venom half eddie brock venom. Not maiing it rated r is ruining it even more so.

They will redeem themselves with they release the uncut version on blu ray. The director pretty much said it was gonna be butchered to reach a pg-13 release but they would release an uncut Blu-ray. I think this will be better than people think but it will be hurt by lack of spider-man/carnage and no web slinging.
Where did he say that? Can you post a link?

I don't know. I have bad feelings about the film unfortunately... I mean, I'm sure there will be some good aspects, but it seems disjointed and rushed. The writers are weak and the producers questionable, with a studio that has a bad track record. I think it'll be one of those "could have been great" movies.

Oh well, we'll see. I will go see it anyway no doubt.

Btw, this one was the best tv spot yet:

I just came to see the final version of the trailer. Looks much better than previously. I didn't appreciate being spoiled the whole movie (the first trailer didn't show other symbiotes), and Hardy's accent is nor here nor there, i'll gladly watch it now. Shame for the R rating.

Avi Arad. While his record isn't all bad - he produced Spider Man, X2 and Iron Man - he's also been connected to some real piles of shit. Like the Ghost Rider movies, X Men: Last Stand, Elektra, Daredevil and, crucially, Spider Man 3...<{clintugh}>

If only there was a difference between a producer and a director.
I kid, of course.

Sidenote, while it's always fun to make fun of Spider man 3, i believe Elektra, Daredevil and especially Ghost rider are waaay worse movies. Regarding X3, i can't explain it, while I do recognize some of it's flaws, I have a soft spot for that movie.

This is just what i wanted to hear. A bad movie, with the explanation that the studio execs made the director do it, with a vague promise of a 5 minute longer R rated version once the bluray comes out. Makes me want to go see a movie in theater once, buy the bluray then see it in theaters again to compare. /s

Their goal is not to make a great movie, it's to fill as many seats as they can.

I do understand your point, but it would be a terrible way to run a business to make great movies with as few seats filled as possible. just sayin'

...I’m certain they would’ve run into one and other at some point in time.
Can't say i agree with you on that one. After all:
Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Last edited:

"Mask!"
"COPY"

lol

Good or not, I think I'm gonna have a fun time watching this.

This movie will be hot garbage. Just be ready ladies and gents.

The fact that they're not even letting critics see it until a few days before opening and lifting the movie embargo 2 days before it opens is a tell-tale sign this movie will suck. With that being said, I will be watching it opening weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back