Vargas and Mayorga fight at press conference

Popswiss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted yet, but I didn't see it and its new so I figured I'd post the link. It was at the press conference for an upcoming fight between Vargas and Mayorga. Not sure if this is good or bad for the image of boxing, but with Don King in the background I bet its a storybook ending in his eyes.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6ab_1184240560&p=1

What do you guys/gals think?

I'm probably still one of the few Vargas fans here and I want him to mash Mayorga.

I'm probably still one of the few Vargas fans here and I want him to mash Mayorga.

Can't say I'm a fan of either fighter although I was happy when Mayorga dusted Vernon Forrest.

You thought he got too big for his britches with the Mosley wins?

I guess you could say that. I read an interview with him after one of his wins over Mosley and he came across pretty classless. I can't remember his exact words but he even talked about Jin Mosley as well.

After the way Mayorga handled the De La Hoya press conference, I definitely wont root for him. I think this guy just tries to hype things up bigger than they are.

I can't stand Mayorga and watching him get beat half to death against Tito was very enjoyable. i don't think i'll see that against Vargas. I can't believe how much Vargas has let himself go. I seen some pics earlier were he looks close to 240 maybe 250. Getting down to 162 is gonna take too much out of him. If he makes it past 3 rds it'll be a miracle.

i'm a fan of both and a huge fan of mayorga, but he tried to pull the hype shit with the wrong person, someone like de la hoya or mosley is fine because they have to keep themselves in check from a business standpoint but Vargas? hes crazy as shit for doing that, i hope vargas wins though because he needs it more than Mayorga because Mayorga along with Don King and their combined outrageous persona's can get another title shot easy but Vargas? if he gets a KO loss on his record three times in a row? hurts him bad, yeah same thing can be said about Mayorga but i think more fans turn up to see Mayorga to see his ass kicked that Vargas win or lose

Back