Valentina vs JJ at 125

Gervinho

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the most interesting fight to make now. would be very interesting and competitive fight

Not a compelling fight at all. I'm not opposed to it, but I doubt Joanna would want this fight. It would hurt her brand.

Not a compelling fight at all. I'm not opposed to it, but I doubt Joanna would want this fight. It would hurt her brand.

Not about wanting the fight or not

Joanna has said she wants to move up to 125. If Val ends up moving down they will have to fight each other at some point

Got to agree with this guy for the first time ever. Valentina has already beaten Joanna 3 times.

Joanna is my favorite WMMA athlete, but Valentina takes her 10/10 times.

Little girl belt I LOL'd

But it's true. Joanna probably would lose decisively to Shevchenko.

I know that Valentina beat JJ in kickboxing/muay thai 3 times - I won't pretend to have watched those fights and claim to be an expert. My opinion is that JJ has improved massively since her UFC debut, while Valentina remained the same. Add to this Valentina's tendency to be tentative instead of aggressive, and I think their MMA fight would not be a blow-out like it sounds on paper.

I know that Valentina beat JJ in kickboxing/muay thai 3 times - I won't pretend to have watched those fights and claim to be an expert. My opinion is that JJ has improved massively since her UFC debut, while Valentina remained the same. Add to this Valentina's tendency to be tentative instead of aggressive, and I think their MMA fight would not be a blow-out like it sounds on paper.

Shevchenko has improved a lot too, you might just notice it as much as she has been fighting tougher competition than JJ.

Also, Shevchenko wouldnt have to be nearly as tentative when she's fighting people her size. Its not like JJ will be taking her down, VS was throwing her around easily in the kickboxing matches.

Shevchenko has improved a lot too, you might just notice it as much as she has been fighting tougher competition than JJ.

Also, Shevchenko wouldnt have to be nearly as tentative when she's fighting people her size. Its not like JJ will be taking her down, VS was throwing her around easily in the kickboxing matches.

Good points.

As a Joanna fan I'm more worried about a crazy Rose submission than anything Valya has to offer, but we'll see of course.

As a Joanna fan I'm more worried about a crazy Rose submission than anything Valya has to offer, but we'll see of course.

Exactly. In MMA nothing is sure or 100% and 10/10. So Rose shouldn't be overlooked. It's not boxing...

This is the most interesting fight to make now. would be very interesting and competitive fight

Hmm, really interesting for whom?After Nunes-Shev 2? Really? I don't think JJ-Val will be intresting at all, and if you want to see them fighting you can watch their fights (more like Bullet's highlights) on youtube. Also I don't think UFC matchmakers will be eagle to put Shev vs exciting fighters, after transformation of Nunes from just bleed berserker to point fighter.
Do we need another boring fight with another wmma champion?

Back