Media !!! Valentina Shevchenko Is Officially Brazialian (Excuses) !!!

I didnt approve of her ever since I saw her ethnic post fight celebration dance.

She fought Nunez, giving away 10 to 20 lbs, fought her even, especially in the second fight.

If you think barely squeaking by a fighter you greatly outweigh makes you the clear-cut superior overall fighter, then I can't help you with that.

You may think by winning, that means, overall, Amanda > Valentina. Fair enough. If you think that's so clear cut that people making the other case are worthy of being sneered at, then you're a bit of a moron.

But Amanda went up and destroyed heavier fighters, including one many considered an uncrowned GOAT. Val had to have a shitty division made for her. Full of former chicks that weigh the same as Mandy. Funny, Val beat them. Maybe Mandy is just better.

Can't wait till you move the goalposts; Mandy surely had 50lbs on poor, tiny, Val!

Even clean cut nails can scratch your face. I just cut my nails and punched myself in the face, and my thumb nail scratched my cheek. Sucks I can't take care of it because it's illegal here too, we can't heal nail wounds. I'm already on probation for shouting after hitting my toe against the table.

Do you need some tissues for all those tears?

Yes, truly it is I who is the fool, for thinking that winning fights makes you a good fighter. For thinking that beating every single women's featherweight and bantamweight champions, most of them in under a minute makes you a better fighter than someone who fought a series of hairdressers and soccer moms, but she threw her punches against those soccer moms with more technique, let me tell you what!
But she couldn't beat a take out a flyweight and only won a disputed decision. So, yes, if you think that barely beating someone you outweigh by 10% to 15% makes you INDISPUTABLY superior, overall, as a fighter, then you are a fool.

I don't think people making the other case are worthy of being sneered at, but they definitely not giving Nunes any credit nor taking everything into consideration.

The second fight was a point fight. Val had the speed and supposed skill advantage. If anything, that fight played out more suited to her than for Nunes. Size isn't going to help you in a fight like that.

If Nunes had come to wrestle and actually made use of her size and strength, I can see the argument for Val only losing because of the size difference. We've already seen what happens when Val and Nunes grapple. But yeh, Nunes didn't do that.

Val got the exact sort of fight she wanted and she still lost, but people still say she's vastly better than Nunes just because it was close.

So, how can Nunes actually prove that she's the better fighter?

If she comes out and has a close fight, then people just say she's worse than Val because she had a close fight against someone smaller. But if she came out and smashed her, they'd just say it was because she was so much bigger, like what was being said about the round she 10-8d her with grappling in the first fight.
If she has these advantages that come with size, and chooses not to use them, does that not make her a worse fighter than advertised?

The fact is that she is bigger, she has that power advantage, it is MMA, not kickboxing. Her choosing not to make full use of her size advantages doesn't mean that they didn't exist. Bigger fighters, generally, are expected to beat smaller fighters. That's why they have weight classes.

And, yes, the person I was responding to was sneering at those who think the much smaller fighter who barely loses to a bigger fighter might have a case for being the better overall fighter. So, if you're not sneering in the same manner, we have no disagreement.

But Amanda went up and destroyed heavier fighters, including one many considered an uncrowned GOAT. Val had to have a shitty division made for her. Full of former chicks that weigh the same as Mandy. Funny, Val beat them. Maybe Mandy is just better.

Can't wait till you move the goalposts; Mandy surely had 50lbs on poor, tiny, Val!
Not sure how you think Amanda moving up and fighting others magically means she didn't have the size and weight advantage over Valentina. That's not moving goalposts.

I like her a lot, but her opinion that she is superior to everybody is not very pleasant. In her last two fights, she wasn't doing so good, but she was with the attitude of a total dominator.
She lost her last 2 fights actually!
Just saying...<Neil01>

And, yes, the person I was responding to was sneering at those who think the much smaller fighter who barely loses to a bigger fighter might have a case for being the better overall fighter. So, if you're not sneering in the same manner, we have no disagreement.

See, if you weren't a fucking idiot, you'd realize that I was comparing their records. Amanda has beaten the better competition by far. I don't think that Val is a scrub, not in the slightest, but if you think she's beaten the level of fighters that Amanda has, you're fucking deluding yourself. Val has three feathers in her cap, Andrade, Joanna and Holm. Two of those fighters were, shock of shocks, strawweights that moved up, so by your shitbag logic, those don't really count, and Holm is just WMMA Buster Douglas, also she decisioned her while Mandy slept Holly, so, yeah, better win equals better fighter, also by your logic. Val has also had the benefit of being a shark in a guppy pond, at least until now, while Mandy has split her time between two weight classes and beat everybody in her path (and yes, including the dipshit who dethroned her, even GSP had a Matt Serra after all). So suck it, bitch.

If she has these advantages that come with size, and chooses not to use them, does that not make her a worse fighter than advertised?

The fact is that she is bigger, she has that power advantage, it is MMA, not kickboxing. Her choosing not to make full use of her size advantages doesn't mean that they didn't exist. Bigger fighters, generally, are expected to beat smaller fighters. That's why they have weight classes.

Not using her advantages doesn't make Nunes a worse fighter, it just shows that she doesn't have the best fight IQ at times and she can be egotistical. I think we've seen this a few times out of her.

A point fight definitely favors the smaller, faster fighter. Not saying it's 1:1, but in combat sports that do point fighting like karate and touch kickboxing or whatever that stuff is, being smaller and faster is better.

I guess we'll see if the immediate rematch was a good or bad idea for her.
I don't know about long fingernails, but I don't think Shevchenko liked how Grasso's punches were tasting.

this
im a bullet fan, but grasso was BOXING HER

that being said, valentina can come back stronger.. she might have an andrrson silva greatness/arrogance in her though

protect yourself at all times

She is getting old. She is freaking out. It is natural

See, if you weren't a fucking idiot, you'd realize that I was comparing their records. Amanda has beaten the better competition by far. I don't think that Val is a scrub, not in the slightest, but if you think she's beaten the level of fighters that Amanda has, you're fucking deluding yourself. Val has three feathers in her cap, Andrade, Joanna and Holm. Two of those fighters were, shock of shocks, strawweights that moved up, so by your shitbag logic, those don't really count, and Holm is just WMMA Buster Douglas, also she decisioned her while Mandy slept Holly, so, yeah, better win equals better fighter, also by your logic. Val has also had the benefit of being a shark in a guppy pond, at least until now, while Mandy has split her time between two weight classes and beat everybody in her path (and yes, including the dipshit who dethroned her, even GSP had a Matt Serra after all). So suck it, bitch.
And if you weren't a fucking idiot, you'd be able to look at the fact that they had head-to-head matchups instead of trying MMath, and making it even more idiotic by trying to compare across weight classes when doing so.

I am officially off the Valentina Bandwagon...
First was the excuses about the Talia Santos fight...
But now she takes the excuses to a whole Newwww level... She's now claiming she was scratched and not puched up with Grasso..!
https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/3/...ontributed-to-loss-to-alexa-grasso-at-ufc-285

Here are the cliff notes (Credit to SaltedVinegarFootStomps)
This was a very awkward interview. No matter what Ariel asked she would back flip into excuses or absurd takes.

“dominating the fight easily, landing hard shots, ref ruined it”

“lucky catch, but the spinning kick was not a mistake because it does big damage. Of course her opponent was desperate and tried something improbable”

“punches did no damage, it was actually long nails that the ref missed somehow. Post fight handshakes proved to her that the nails were illegally long. Medical staff told her they could not treat her cut because it was ripped skin from nails”

on being offered immediate rematch as a matter of respect from the new champion…

“Of course she deserves an instant rematch and it would be disrespectful if she was not offered one, so no it’s not a real gesture from the new champion because she’s actually still the best”

“Shev never underestimates opponents, in fact she overestimates them typically, but she was still dominating everywhere and lost to luck and sees no danger in the rematch.”

asked about the neck crank…..

“it was just sort of like training, so she tapped despite not being in danger of going out”

“would not mind fighting in Mexico. But they need to make sure the ref is not favoring one fighter in particular this time”

Im done..
Valentina.. you should marry Big Nog and call it a career!!!

Can one of our Master Shoopers please make a shoop of Val n Big Nog in bed please?

This thread has potential, and reminded me of "Stephan Bonnar is 1/3 Chinese". Rest In Peace.

successful fighters begin to believe the hype, its inevitable

Back