Valentina Shevchenko goes off about UFC 215 decision, promises Amanda Nunes, ‘We will meet again!’

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“After 5 rounds fight the judges were divided in opinion, and 2-1 they gave victory to Nunes (48-47, 47-48, 47-48) I do not think that the fight was lost, 3 rounds out of 5 I definitely won.

“In the middle of the first round, after exchanging of punches, I dislocated a finger on my left hand , so I could not fully realize my advantage from the beginning of the fight. During the break after the first round, my coach Pavel Fedotov put the joint in place, and from the second round I was able to work with both hands.”

“And in the last 5th round Nunes made one take down against one of mine.

“In addition, the new rules say and we were advised before the fight say that if you do not do any damage or action when you hold a position (including takedown) then this control does not give an advantage. And Nunes couldn't land not one punch on the ground. For the whole fight, I did not get a hit to my face from her.”

“Some write and say that she held the center of the octagon, as an advantage. Our competitions are not called - to guard the center of the octagon and win. Yes, you can occupy the center of the octagon, but then receive all possible attacks. A fighter must and can use the entire perimeter of an octagon according to his tactics and style.

“For example, the style of Mohamed [sic] Ali and Mike Tyson is completely different in how they used the different parts of the ring. This rule of the center of the octagon is made for when one fighter avoids fight and running out from the fight. Then, yes, the one who is in the center of the octagon has the advantage.

“Running into an open strike exchange against an opponent who is taller, bigger, and heavier would be foolish of me. And how bad can end this kind of ‘runs forward’ we have seen in various fight. In my fights I put emphasis on technique, tactics, and speed. We are doing martial arts, it is not the hardest forehead competition to win the victory, and not to win in accidentally striking exchange. The goal is to strike inflict damage and not receive damage in a response. And this can only be achieved by training your art to the highest level. Therefore, after the fight, I have not a single bruise on my face, but all my fists and fingers are broken from delivering punches.”

“MMA is a very interesting and diverse sport, anything can happen. Of course, I'm upset, but I'm not going to let this stop me from achieving my goal. I'll rest a bit and then start training in order to get back to the octagon in the near future.

“Nunes, we will meet again!”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...sion-promises-amanda-nunes-we-will-meet-again

Maybe she will actually fight for the finish next time. Although I won't be heart broken if a rubber match doesn't get made.

....and in response, fans of both fighters worldwide shrugged their shoulders and let out a collective "meh."

She seems to be having a hard time coming to grips with having done fuck-all, and losing. lol

That fight was a complete snore-fest.

“After 5 rounds fight the judges were divided in opinion, and 2-1 they gave victory to Nunes (48-47, 47-48, 47-48) I do not think that the fight was lost, 3 rounds out of 5 I definitely won.

“In the middle of the first round, after exchanging of punches, I dislocated a finger on my left hand , so I could not fully realize my advantage from the beginning of the fight. During the break after the first round, my coach Pavel Fedotov put the joint in place, and from the second round I was able to work with both hands.”

“In addition, the new rules say and we were advised before the fight say that if you do not do any damage or action when you hold a position (including takedown) then this control does not give an advantage. And Nunes couldn't land not one punch on the ground. For the whole fight, I did not get a hit to my face from her.”

“Some write and say that she held the center of the octagon, as an advantage. Our competitions are not called - to guard the center of the octagon and win. Yes, you can occupy the center of the octagon, but then receive all possible attacks. A fighter must and can use the entire perimeter of an octagon according to his tactics and style.

“For example, the style of Mohamed [sic] Ali and Mike Tyson is completely different in how they used the different parts of the ring. This rule of the center of the octagon is made for when one fighter avoids fight and running out from the fight. Then, yes, the one who is in the center of the octagon has the advantage.

“Running into an open strike exchange against an opponent who is taller, bigger, and heavier would be foolish of me. And how bad can end this kind of ‘runs forward’ we have seen in various fight. In my fights I put emphasis on technique, tactics, and speed. We are doing martial arts, it is not the hardest forehead competition to win the victory, and not to win in accidentally striking exchange. The goal is to strike inflict damage and not receive damage in a response. And this can only be achieved by training your art to the highest level. Therefore, after the fight, I have not a single bruise on my face, but all my fists and fingers are broken from delivering punches.”

“MMA is a very interesting and diverse sport, anything can happen. Of course, I'm upset, but I'm not going to let this stop me from achieving my goal. I'll rest a bit and then start training in order to get back to the octagon in the near future.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...sion-promises-amanda-nunes-we-will-meet-again

If you want something from someone in a combat sport... you have to TAKE IT....this isn't point style karate....this is a fight...and in my opinion, both did not fight...with that being said she didn't actually come out and bring the fight to Amanda.

If you want something from someone in a combat sport... you have to TAKE IT....this isn't point style karate....this is a fight...and in my opinion, both did not fight...with that being said she didn't actually come out and bring the fight to Amanda.

Valentina fights much like Holly does...pure counter strikers....which makes for extremely boring fights...powder puff punching holly, is probably just as if not more boring that valentina...why can't these girls attack, instead of just countering?

boosleeptumblr-lg5y6xmmjg1qdq0zy.gif

I don't get the Shevchenko hype. She is always boring.

She actually considered that god awful head and arm throw she foolishly attempted in the 5th and had her back taken to be the same as getting taken down at the end of the round?

She needs a new team and new mentality.

Where was all that aggression during the fight?

She basically tried to win by backing up and countering with weak punches and kicks.

If they ever fight again, maybe she can try to make Nunes work and tire her out. And that match should be on a free card, not as a ppv (co-)main event.

She should move to 125. She's not effective at 135 because she's always fighting larger, heavier opponents.

And in this case she fought a dude, so you can't really complain. <Eek2.0><Lmaoo><Moves>

Last edited:

I absolutely agree with her

She can't go for the finish. She is usually the smaller person. I believe she is a judo black belt but it isn't that effective since she has no gi and is smaller.

Being a "counter striker" is not an effective tactic (or excuse) when your opponent lands more significant strikes than you in all but one round.

I wish more fighters (male and female) would try to press the action instead of exploiting the unified ruleset and arguing they should have won "on paper".

She should move to 125. She's not effective at 135 because she's always fighting larger, heavier opponents. And in this case she fought a dude, so you can't really complain. <Eek2.0><Lmaoo><Moves>
Reported. ;)

Maybe she will actually fight for the finish next time. Although I won't be heart broken if a rubber match doesn't get made.

Not even a rubber match with Nunes taking the first 2. This almost feels like Dos Santos calling out Cain immediately after losing the 3rd fight. Valentina's in the Lost Battalion to take a phrase from eugene robinson.

Was a shit fight that nobody wants to see again and her bitter meltdown interview in the cage made me laugh.

Not even a rubber match with Nunes taking the first 2. This almost feels like Dos Santos calling out Cain immediately after losing the 3rd fight. Valentina's in the Lost Battalion to take a phrase from eugene robinson.
Yeah that's true. Although they kept calling the 3rd fight between Wanderlei and Rampage a rubber match same with Frankie and BJ.

She's had two tries now, the second being lackluster over 5 full rounds, I say no thank you.

Back