USADA should up their suspension game

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I absolutely love what USADA is doing for the sport. Using steroids to enhance your performance in a sport where beating your opponent to death is the goal... it's beyond cowardly. I personally think any fighter caught using anabolic steroids should be charged with felony assault and serve prison time.

The one thing that disappoints me, though, is the length of suspensions. Take a 1-year suspension: that's hardly a punishment at all. Some fighters have 8-10 month layoffs just healing minor injuries. Jon Jones was able to schedule a fight weeks after his suspension was lifted.

Given the fact that fighters can still train for a fight during suspension, and then schedule a fight right after their suspensions are up, I think USADA should double their suspensions for fighters. This would mean anabolic steroid suspensions would start at 4 years, instead of 2. 2nd offenses would then double up to 8 year suspensions.

Combat sports are different from other sports, in that your doping could easily give another person brain damage or even kill them. Fighters can also still train during suspension, whereas a baseball player misses a number of games during a year long suspension.

TL;DR: I think combat sport suspensions for anti-doping violations should be a lot longer.

First PED infraction should be minimum 2-3 years.

2nd infraction = lifetime ban.

Mo-foz would straighten up pretty quick me thinks.

As a firm believer that steroids make all sports and entertainment better, I think that Sherdog should up it's suspension game, and they should start with you.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I absolutely love what USADA is doing for the sport. Using steroids to enhance your performance in a sport where beating your opponent to death is the goal... it's beyond cowardly. I personally think any fighter caught using anabolic steroids should be charged with felony assault and serve prison time.

The one thing that disappoints me, though, is the length of suspensions. Take a 1-year suspension: that's hardly a punishment at all. Some fighters have 8-10 month layoffs just healing minor injuries. Jon Jones was able to schedule a fight weeks after his suspension was lifted.

Given the fact that fighters can still train for a fight during suspension, and then schedule a fight right after their suspensions are up, I think USADA should double their suspensions for fighters. This would mean anabolic steroid suspensions would start at 4 years, instead of 2. 2nd offenses would then double up to 8 year suspensions.

Combat sports are different from other sports, in that your doping could easily give another person brain damage or even kill them. Fighters can also still train during suspension, whereas a baseball player misses a number of games during a year long suspension.

TL;DR: I think combat sport suspensions for anti-doping violations should be a lot longer.
i agree that one year is not enough, but 4 is a lot for 1st offense........ 2 years is a good initial suspension imo..... and 2nd offenses get a 5 year suspension (half a decade)..... that would be good enough for me.

Ask yourself how you would feel if you trained a clean camp and went into the fight of your career and got kicked in the head by a guy who was cheating

And to that at the end of the day, this is business. This fight is a business venture.

What if the company you were competing with on a bid was paying off the contractee?

If the rules are the rules, then cheating is cheating.

I think the sport is better WITH steroids. But it's not morally fair to force a generation of athletes to take these substances in order to compete.

If you play by the rules and you get fucked by someone who didn't, then you know how the penalty should look.

Yeah. If you're actually trying to stop people from doping all together, I don't understand why the sentences are so lenient. Small sentences just change how they use.
And every time it's tainted supplements. A lot of these guys have enough money to make their own supplements for christs sake.

Taking PEDs from the UFC is like turning US into Canada

Not so sure on the first but the second should be a lifetime ban. I think people are kinda abusing the first strike because it's only 1 year that's for sure.

First PED infraction should be minimum 2-3 years.

2nd infraction = lifetime ban.

Mo-foz would straighten up pretty quick me thinks.

I support this, the only way is to send a strong message that it isn't worth the risk.

(unless of course one of my favorite fighters tests positive, then I would cry bullshit and ignore my own double standard)

the first suspension should be enough to destroy a fighters legacy

i agree that one year is not enough, but 4 is a lot for 1st offense........ 2 years is a good initial suspension imo..... and 2nd offenses get a 5 year suspension (half a decade)..... that would be good enough for me.

I think I could agree with 2 years minimum for a first offense, but I think a 2nd offense should be 6-8 years or more.

But 1 year suspension is way too low. You're just giving fighters time to heal up injuries and start training again after 8 months. It hardly hurts them.

I fully support lifetime ban for repeat offenders.

No sympathy for any cheaters.

in olympics, USADA tosses out 8 year ban, 10 year ban , lifetime ban, take back medals like its going out of style

yall just making bellator bigger and better like this

#LTJ

What if I take fish oil? 4 year suspension?

Back