USADA and GSP

For me it's a case of "innocent until tested positive". People also make the mistake of thinking that the only signs of someone taking PEDs is large muscles, but in sports involving endurance, there are many substances which go above and beyond anabolic steroids. Even a twig looking man could be popped for PEDs. Its not always about the muscle alone. Look at Tour de France for instance.

That said, I will say that the circumstantial evidence for GSP being on PEDs is low. He's just really not suspicious in terms of motive. A man under serious amounts of PEDs just wouldn't keep advocating olympic level testing (which involves random blood testing and is highly accurate). The risk of being caught and humiliating yourself for all eternity would be too much to bear IMHO.

It's very hard to get GSP's physique clean, but certainly not impossible with exceptional genetics. I have no reason to doubt that he's clean, but if I had to pick 1 of his attributes that would be "suspicious", it's his cardio (in his prime). Very few fighters with his build can grapple for 25 minutes without slowing down. The "cardio machines" are usually much thinner and with much less fast-twitch fibre, like DJ, Edgar, Diaz brothers etc.
Well, compared to the rest of WW GSP was small, that probably significantly helped his cardio.

It's very hard to get GSP's physique clean, but certainly not impossible with exceptional genetics. I have no reason to doubt that he's clean, but if I had to pick 1 of his attributes that would be "suspicious", it's his cardio (in his prime). Very few fighters with his build can grapple for 25 minutes without slowing down. The "cardio machines" are usually much thinner and with much less fast-twitch fibre, like DJ, Edgar, Diaz brothers etc.
Would you consider Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Ben Wallace, Karl Malone, etc. suspicious?

I’m not saying they use, but they do or did play a lot of minutes.

Or how about an Olympian?

bruce-jenner-autographed-1976-olympics-sport-magazine-1.jpg

Last edited:
Why are you saying that? Are you claiming he has the best physique in all of MMA?

And as far as laziness goes we know most fighters do seem to be lazy and blow up huge between fights.
Nope, I'm saying he's above 95% of MMA physiques, along with Borrachinha, Sage Northcutt, Paul Harris, Romero and Ubereem (not the actual econo-reem), some of which got caught in the past, while others generate even more suspicion than GSP, you can constantly watch people complaining about Borrachinha for example.

If everybody (which is not everybody, but the vast majority of it) at UFC is doing PEDs, being on the topmost 95% is ten times more suspectful. But that doesn't mean or serve as proof that he's cheating. We need hard, undeniable proof by VADA, WADA, USADA and if possible all of them. (But GSP when queried to be tested by different ADAs got immediately back asking what kind of tests would his samples be submitted... what for?) I used bold at this last phrase just to refrain from sounding ironic, hope you don't mind. It's really hard to believe his innocence, but not impossible.

Having the best physique in MMA per se is not the problem, it is all those fighters popping up in recent times that makes me suspicious, Forrest Griffin, Stephen Bonnar, Frank Mir, Daniel Cormier, Jones, Silva, the other Silva (BF), Josh Barnett alone got caught 3 times, and look at him!

Would you consider Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Ben Wallace, Karl Malone, etc. suspicious?

I’m not saying they use, but they do or did play a lot of minutes.

25 minutes of MMA (grappling in particular) is A LOT tougher than ball sports..

Some people are skinny when they are young, and get fat as they get older living off a diet of Doritos and Budweiser. But some people are genetically predisposed to getting fat a lot easier from the time they are young. Putting on muscle is much the same. Far easier for some than others.

A predisposition for obesity does not exist my friend, with the exception of a relatively narrow range of illnesses or genetic defects.

Those are fairy-tales for fat kids.

You ever see any obese animals in the wild that aren’t storing fat to survive?

40 year old mail man uses epo when participating at 5km local race for charity these days.Gsp is a professional cage fighter....He knows better then anyone his opponents are on peds as well.He would be crazy not to take stuff.People are so naive here..like Nate said"everybody is on steroids"..including him

GSP has always wanted stronger testing. I dunno why anyone questions that he ever juiced. Seriously, go to a local high school and pick the top 10 athletes and they will likely look better than GSP. Look at the 1000's of gymnasts out there. It very literally isn't all that hard to get fit and have a GSP body. It is a fuck of a lot harder to get GSP skills.

I dunno if it is the guys that post 10,000 times a year that cause people to think that exercise doesn't work or what, but it is really getting tiresome to hear.

I will go one more step in saying that every pro fighter doing steroids sure as shit don't need them to get in shape. They are using them to repair the body.
What the fuck

dopers develop a pathological state of being comparable to pedophilia.

They perpetually lie to themselves and the world and develop a double personality to compartmentalize guilt and shame in one sphere and projective moral superiority on another.

Literally, every MMA fighter that was caught doping ridiculed other fighters that doped before they got busted themselves:

1. Chael Sonnen bagged on Lance Armstrong for being a doper and a liar before being caught himself

2. Anderson Silva bagged on Chael Sonnen for doping before popping himself

3. Jon Jones went "shame on you mode" on Sonnen & Belfort before popping himself

I could go on and on about this.

GSP demanding stricter drug-testing and suspecting other fighters of doping literally says nothing because it's a routine that every doper performs before they get popped themselves.

then u ahould see that gsp camp wanted predetermined test dates.
No, I shouldn't, because it's a made up lie. Please show me where that is in the emails. If you actually think that happened when we have all the facts then you are an idiot. Hendricks camp made that lie up to shift the focus to GSP because Hendricks was refusing to do the testing, and morons like you ate it up.
https://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

This is why Hendricks and his camp created that lie and spread it, they were refusing to do the testing and coming up with tons of excuses and lies to take the focus off them. They admitted in interviews they were against the testing from day 1 and that GSP was pushing them to do the "WADA" test they chose and refused to do after choosing it themselves.
"I don't know," he said regarding a potential new deal being put together for enhanced drug testing. "Like we've always said, none of this does anything for us.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/1...-drug-testing-ped-nearly-as-easy-as-it-sounds

Here is Hendricks admitting GSP was pushing him to do WADA and he would not do it because he doesn't want any extra testing.
And all of a sudden he’s pushing these drug tests and here it is blowing up so big, he has to take WADA, he fails, then I don’t get my title shot. So that’s why I’m sitting here saying I don’t want the drug tests.
http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/johny...-fight-the-best-georges-st-pierre-at-ufc-167/

Last edited:
Not sure fella but could be one answer if that's the case, GSP also did a lot of weight lifting which he later ditched for gymnastics which is definitely more upper body related, that could also explain why.

The Hendricks fight was after his ACL surgery. He needed time off for that, which is why Condit and Diaz fought for the interim welterweight title, which GSP then unified when he came back and fought Carlos. GSP then pissed off Hendricks by taking a fight against Nick Diaz even though Diaz had lost the interim fight. Dunno if that would have been enough time for him to build his legs again. And maybe he changed his training regimen to put less stress on the knees. Who knows.

If you don't think athletes are doping on highest levels you are all naive.

GSP has a physique like athletic fitness people, and they dope. Just like the rest of the sports/vanity competitions does.

Back