US Government: You've been naughty

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Rather than individual topics, I'm just going to post what I find in this one to keep them together for once.

House Ethics Committee says it has begun an investigation into sexual harassment complaints against Rep. John Conyers.
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Ethics Committee says it has begun an investigation into sexual harassment complaints against Rep. John Conyers.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/house...rassment-complaints-against-rep-john-conyers/

Michigan Rep. Conyers acknowledges sex harassment settlement

DETROIT (AP) — Longtime Michigan Rep. John Conyers acknowledged Tuesday that his office settled a harassment complaint involving a former staffer but said he “vehemently” denies the allegations against him.

His office “resolved the allegations” … “for an amount that equated to a reasonable severance payment,” the 88-year-old Detroit Democrat said in a statement.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, said Tuesday that any credible allegations of sexual harassment against Conyers much be investigated by the House Ethics Committee.

“As Members of Congress, we each have a responsibility to uphold the integrity of the House of Representatives and to ensure a climate of dignity and respect, with zero tolerance for harassment, discrimination, bullying or abuse,” Pelosi said in a statement.

Conyers said he would fully cooperate with any such investigation.

BuzzFeed reported that Conyers’ office paid a woman more than $27,000 under a confidentiality agreement to settle a complaint in 2015 that she was fired from his Washington staff because she rejected his sexual advances.

BuzzFeed also published affidavits from former staff members who said they had witnessed Conyers touching female staffers inappropriately — rubbing their legs and backs — or requesting sexual favors. One former staffer said one of her duties was “to keep a list of women that I assumed he was having affairs with and call them at his request and, if necessary, have them flown in using Congressional resources.”

When questioned at his home Tuesday morning by The Associated Press, Conyers denied settling any harassment complaint and other allegations of inappropriate touching of staffers. The reporter repeated to Conyers the claims made in the BuzzFeed report.

“I have been looking at these things in amazement,” Conyers said, referring to allegations of sexual harassment and assault being made against politicians and others.

A statement from Conyers’ office said he was under the impression the AP reporter was speaking Tuesday of “recent allegations of which he was unaware of and denied.”

“In this case, I expressly and vehemently denied the allegations made against me, and continue to do so,” Conyers said later Tuesday in his statement about the settlement. “My office resolved the allegations — with an express denial of liability — in order to save all involved from the rigors of protracted litigation.”

Conyers is the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee and the longest-serving current member of the House, having arrived in 1965.

House Speaker Paul Ryan labeled the BuzzFeed report “extremely troubling.” Ryan, R-Wis., said the House is updating its policies for handling complaints of workplace harassment and discrimination, which have been criticized as too weak and cumbersome. His statement did not name Conyers, but Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong confirmed it was directed at him.

“People who work in the House deserve and are entitled to a workplace without harassment or discrimination,” Ryan said.

BuzzFeed said it received the documents from right-wing activist Mike Cernovich, but had independently confirmed their authenticity. Cernovich said he gave the documents to BuzzFeed News because Democrats would “try to discredit the story by attacking the messenger” if he published them himself.

Cernovich also is an author and attorney who promoted a conspiracy theory about Democrats running a child-sex slavery ring from the basement of a Washington pizza restaurant.

The government has paid more than $17 million in taxpayer money over the last 20 years to resolve claims of sexual harassment, overtime pay disputes and other workplace violations filed by employees of Congress.

The Office of Compliance released the numbers amid a wave of revelations of sexual misconduct in the worlds of entertainment, business and politics that made its way to Capitol Hill last week.

Two female lawmakers described incidents of sexual harassment, one in explicit detail, and Minnesota Sen. Al Franken apologized to a woman who said he forcibly kissed her and groped her during a 2006 USO tour.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/michigan-rep-conyers-acknowledges-sex-harassment-settlement/

Six Women Accuse Democrat Raul Bocanegra of Sexual Harassment

California State Assemblyman Raul Bocanegra (D-Pacoima) announced Tuesday that he will resign next year after six women accused him of making unwanted sexual advances and unwelcome statements toward them.
The six women told the Los Angeles Times that Bocanegra sexually harassed them after the Assembly Rules Committee disciplined him for similar behavior in 2009.

The accusations date back to when Bocanegra, 46, served as a chief of staff, but he has also faced more recent allegations around the time he ran for office, and most recently while serving as a state legislator.

The women accused Bocanegra of a range of offenses, such as initiating unsolicited physical contact and emailing them soliciting dates.

“He grabbed me with one hand, grabbed my head and shoved his tongue into my mouth,” one of the women, Sylvia Castillo, told the Times this month. “With his other hand, he put it up my dress. I put my hand down to stop him from trying to grab at my crotch.”

After the allegations became public, Bocanegra announced Monday that he would resign next year and not run for re-election.

“These news reports have since fueled persistent rumors and speculation, and I do not believe that this is in the best interest of my constituents to continue to serve next term,” he said, according to the Times. “This is a very difficult decision. But I know that it is the best decision for the Northeast Valley residents.”

The increase in sexual harassment reports in the California statehouse comes after the California State Assembly announced in October that the legislative body would hold public hearings on sexual harassment in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal in Hollywood.

The California Senate, however, outsourced a recent investigation of sexual harassment claims to an outside, independent law firm.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rat-california-assemblyman-sexual-harassment/

Feel free to post any new ones you find. Party doesn't matter, really.

To paraphrase a David Cross bit:

"Is it me, or has congress gotten a whole lot sexier!"

I wonder if these are guys who just never got pussy and got into positions of power and then tried to abuse their power to get some, or if they have just always been animals and just so happen to also be in positions of power.

I'd love to see a HUAC-style inquisition against bent congressmen.

I wonder if these are guys who just never got pussy and got into positions of power and then tried to abuse their power to get some, or if they have just always been animals and just so happen to also be in positions of power.
To get anywhere in life you have to grab them by the pussy man...think once in a while

They say Franken should resign, but my guess is 99% of the congressmen abuse their power and grab tits and pussy all the time. Should they all resign? Fine them out of their personal funds, not campaign funds. A former HI powerful senator was in the news many years ago for grabbing his barber and it's like all is forgotten.

Conyers is nothing but the Democratic Strohm Thurmond. A dipshit who tricked people into supporting him, and sold out to keep the job, while being an extreme scumbag.

Conyers does not even know what the fuck is going on at this point. He probably thought he saw Catherine Bell's titties in some JAG rerun, and realized she was a real person, and an aide.

FBI Investigating House Democrat for Paying His Opponent to Drop Out of the Race
Peter Hassan writes in the Daily Caller that Rep. Bob Brady is under FBI investigation for allegedly paying a campaign opponent to drop out of a race:
The FBI is investigating Pennsylvania Democratic Rep. Bob Brady for conspiracy, false statements and campaign in relation to payments his campaign allegedly made to 2012 primary opponent Jimmie Moore in order to persuade him to drop out of the race, court documents reviewed by The Daily Caller show.

FBI special agent Jonathan R. Szeliga filed a search warrant request on November 1 in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for all emails associated with Brady’s campaign email, [email protected] asserted he had “probable cause to believe that Kenneth Smukler, Robert Brady, Donald ‘D.A.’ Jones, Jimmie Moore, and Carolyn Cavaness and others known and unknown have committed violations” including charges of conspiracy, false statements, producing false records, causing false campaign contribution reports and violating limits on campaign contributions and expenditures.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ing-house-democrat-paying-opponent-drop-race/

Not a claim of sexual impropriety but naughty none the less.

We are talking about a bunch of old men with power. Of course they grab titties and asses, even poor old men with no power do that. It has always been normal for them, they grew up in a different time.

That is not to say that I condone their behaviour however, I can completely understand why this behaviour is as common as it is.

Their eyes are opening now and times are definitely changing. There will be no more excuses after this smoke clears. I honestly don't think what most have done is that bad. It isn't nearly as bad as corruption or stealing of public money- that would be unforgivable.

These guys are cupping a feel and we are asking for their head. What they have done isn't even on the same chart as Bill Cosby's actions, yet we are all crying "bloody murder".

We are talking about a bunch of old men with power. Of course they grab titties and asses, even poor old men with no power do that. It has always been normal for them, they grew up in a different time.

That is not to say that I condone their behaviour however, I can completely understand why this behaviour is as common as it is.

Their eyes are opening now and times are definitely changing. There will be no more excuses after this smoke clears. I honestly don't think what most have done is that bad. It isn't nearly as bad as corruption or stealing of public money- that would be unforgivable.

These guys are cupping a feel and we are asking for their head. What they have done isn't even on the same chart as Bill Cosby's actions, yet we are all crying "bloody murder".
I wonder how many of these older men can truly make the shift to the new paradigm.

They really don't need to, most will be retired or dead within a decade.
A decade is still an awfully long time to serve and fall back into bad habits, especially once the current fervor dies down.

A decade is still an awfully long time to serve and fall back into bad habits, especially once the current fervor dies down.

I agree, it is a long time but that is what we are looking at. I doubt that a complete purge and rest is possible.
They can still weed out the worst offenders in the meantime and encourage others to retire early.
I don't think that there should be any government employees over 65 years old anyway.

Probably a little of column a and a lot of column b.

Last edited:
Back