US Army Grappling Training Videos

It's always the same with self defense videos

Way too many details instead of general concepts and focus on volume training (like sports training)

There's no way you're going to get those 8 to 10 steps techniques under pressure

But if you've been rolling for thousands of hours, you will find a way to get the right grips or equivalent grips and manage a way to get the result you want.

But the techniques are pretty good, no bullshido here

We got a couple guys at my gym that did the army combatives while in the military.

It's a pretty neat concept to me. A lot of is centered around getting distance to draw a weapon, getting a buddy involved, and other stuff that isn't exactly sporting related. Real fun to talk to them and see what their thoughts on different positions and situations are. Seems to be good at what it does and the guys that made the crossover to BJJ seem to have a pretty easy transfer.

It's always the same with self defense videos

Way too many details instead of general concepts and focus on volume training (like sports training)

There's no way you're going to get those 8 to 10 steps techniques under pressure

But if you've been rolling for thousands of hours, you will find a way to get the right grips or equivalent grips and manage a way to get the result you want.

But the techniques are pretty good, no bullshido here
The chokes seem to be very fast and effective. If someone was mounted on you in a street fight a collar choke shouldn't be too hard.

We got a couple guys at my gym that did the army combatives while in the military.

It's a pretty neat concept to me. A lot of is centered around getting distance to draw a weapon, getting a buddy involved, and other stuff that isn't exactly sporting related. Real fun to talk to them and see what their thoughts on different positions and situations are. Seems to be good at what it does and the guys that made the crossover to BJJ seem to have a pretty easy transfer.
When I went through the program in year 2000 they had all these Gracie Jujitsu training moves along with some joint locks and Krav Maga rifle disarm drill. The joint locks were useful when I was a peacekeeper in Kosovo in year 2000 because we were enforcing martial law and a lot of the people violating the curfew were drunks that were so out of it they could be controlled that way before putting them in zip strips.

Thanks for sharing, it's always good to see these sort of things.

I used to work with a former unarmed combat instructor in the Green Jackets, he was always showing us cool stuff like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back