Urijah Faber, Mike Brown, Jose Aldo - the 3 pioneers of the FW division

Brown was bringing those lead hands back in the day.

Faber gave it to him in the rematch, even with two broken hands.

Then along came Aldo, who murdered them all.

When people say Mike Brown I think, "Who is that?"

When I hear Mike Thomas Brown I know exactly who they are talking about ;)

You just opened yourself up for Conor fans<{CMPALM}>

The five greatest FW are Aldo, Holloway, McGregor, Edgar and Mendes.

Conor beat 3 out of 4 and lost to none.

Last edited:
I remember listening to Sherdog radio before Brown vs Aldo.

All of their analysts gave Aldo no chance.

Mike Brown really? Getting your belt due to the champion throwing a retarded elbow and then defending against that same fighter due to him breaking both hands in the same fight doesn't scream out look how great I am. I got nothing against the guy but he was lucky in the two fight with Faber and was fairly medicore throughout he always reminded me of Matt Hughes without being dominate.

Mike Brown really? Getting your belt due to the champion throwing a retarded elbow and then defending against that same fighter due to him breaking both hands in the same fight doesn't scream out look how great I am. I got nothing against the guy but he was lucky in the two fight with Faber and was fairly medicore throughout he always reminded me of Matt Hughes without being dominate.

Brown was 22-4 before losing to Aldo.

So because he capitalized on a champions mistake, he shouldn't be credited? I guess Stipe doesn't deserve credit for beating Werdum then? How fucking retarded is that.

Mike Brown is absolutely a FW pioneer.

Faber's leaked street fights were sick.

200w.gif

MTB was legit...I gotta say in terms of greatest
1. Aldo
2. Faber
3. MTB
4. Frankie
5. Mendes
6. Connie
7. Holloway
So far...give Holloway a few more fights and he's moving up.

So because he capitalized on a champions mistake, he shouldn't be credited? I guess Stipe doesn't deserve credit for beating Werdum then? How fucking retarded is that.

he was a LW who couldn't compete at LW so he fought at FW and had decent success but his title run in the WEC was due to Faber fucking up nothing else.

he was a LW who couldn't compete at LW so he fought at FW and had decent success but his title run in the WEC was due to Faber fucking up nothing else.

Uh, no.

If you look at his record he bounced back and forth between the two having success in both classes.

He has wins over

Mark Homminick
Yves Edwards (Lightweight)
Jeff Curran
Urijah Faber 2x

He's a pioneer at FW whether you like it or not. Sounds like you're just a bitter Faber fan.

MTB was legit...I gotta say in terms of greatest
1. Aldo
2. Faber
3. MTB
4. Frankie
5. Mendes
6. Connie
7. Holloway
So far...give Holloway a few more fights and he's moving up.

Why is Edgar over Holloway? Max has more wins at FW and beat Aldo twice while Edgar lost twice to him.

The five greatest FW are Aldo, Holloway, McGregor, Edgar and Mendes.

Conor beat 3 out of 4 and lost to none.

Edgar does not belong on that list.

He is one of the greatest LW of all times, but he has accomplished literally nothing at FW.

You could technically say he is one of the greatest fighters to compete at FW.

Thats kind of the same way how Weidman made his name against Silva.

But Brown did more in his weight class than the Wide Man.

Mike Brown was one of the most powerful FW's of all-time. Scary strong with legit skills everywhere, particularly with his grappling. Didn't have a great chin per se and had the misfortune of not making the switch to 145 till he was in his 30's (no fault of his own really, FW didn't exist yet!) but beating Urijah twice when he did it in the way he did it is a major accomplishment. Running into the woodchipper that was prime Aldo was as horrid a piece of timing as you'll find too.

6y3bf6_jpg.gif

Dude could chuck bricks too!

When MTB knocked out Faber when Urijah tried that stupid shit against the cage I was instantly a fan. That guy was a good wrestler who hit fucking hard as hell. Unfortunately he ran into the buzz saw that was Aldo in his prime and that was that.

I was a huge MTB fan and am really happy to see him transition into being one of the top coaches in all of MMA at ATT.

You've got to recall before he was champion, he was fighting overseas for Bodog and was answering phones at the gym. Now he's a head coach. War MTB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back