Uriah's personality

Roger FedorAIR

It ain't easy being white
Reaction score
I've read through the threads, and I've noticed that Uriah has not only garnered his fair share of fans, but also a decent amount of haters, and it's not undeservedly so.

He did have that outburst where he for no reason lashed out at Adam Cella, and then really turned into full recluse mode when all the guys went out on the town...

On the other hand, he's probably been one of the more intimate speakers in the "dark room" sessions, often admitting to his own shortcomings, and where he is lacking as a person, which I find rather refreshing in a fighter.

Personally, ever since his heart to heart with Chael at the beginning of the season, I've really been rooting hard for the guy. At the same time, I don't overlook that the guy has at times come off the wrong way, and frankly, come off a little childish, which considering that the dude is 28 years old now, is just a little unbecoming, to say the least...

Anyways, given that the guy has essentially shown two sides of himself throughout the show, I'm just wondering how he is perceived by fight fans: Humble guy with maybe a few demons to slay? Or childish and self-centered egomaniac? Somewhere in-between?

Discuss.

He's not arrogant now but hanging around Chael long enough will influence anyone in that direction.

He's not arrogant now but hanging around Chael long enough will influence anyone in that direction.

Who said anything about arrogance?

And have you actually watched the show this season? If Chael had any effect on Uriah it was a calming one and a mentoring one.

Not to mention the fact that the majority of people who still felt that way about Chael before the show, now finally realize that Chael is actually a really nice guy, and that he just plays a character to the media (not that this wasn't already apparent to about 90% of us).

Chael is an idiot, his advice is so vapid and trite.
"Emotions are fake"
"Walk the 2x4 on top of a ladder"

And what exactly do YOU think "Or childish and self-centered egomaniac?" means? Did you read what you wrote?

I can't wait until Bones tears his head off at the end of this month.

Errr... Don't you think you're maybe just a teeny bit too emotional about this?

Or maybe you can take up your Chael-hatred in a thread that is, you know... actually about Chael??

Chael is actually one of the least arrogant guys in the entire sport. People fall for his WWE style promoting way too easily, read between the lines you numbskulls.

I think he's got his issues but he seems like a good guy. It's funny cuz he gets tons of flack meanwhile guys like Samman are just manipulative tools but they own it so it's okay.

No I think he just really wants to fight Samman like he's been saying this entire time. Just give him what he wants!

I think he's got his issues but he seems like a good guy. It's funny cuz he gets tons of flack meanwhile guys like Samman are just manipulative tools but they own it so it's okay.

LOL, I feel the exact same way. I know so many Samman-type characters in life, and frankly, they all eventually end up on my shit list.

Uriah does have his issues, and at 28 years old, he probably needs to get past the whole bullying thing, but overall, he really comes off like a cool and genuine dude.

I've read through the threads, and I've noticed that Uriah has not only garnered his fair share of fans, but also a decent amount of haters, and it's not undeservedly so.

He did have that outburst where he for no reason lashed out at Adam Cella, and then really turned into full recluse mode when all the guys went out on the town...

On the other hand, he's probably been one of the more intimate speakers in the "dark room" sessions, often admitting to his own shortcomings, and where he is lacking as a person, which I find rather refreshing in a fighter.

Personally, ever since his heart to heart with Chael at the beginning of the season, I've really been rooting hard for the guy. At the same time, I don't overlook that the guy has at times come off the wrong way, and frankly, come off a little childish, which considering that the dude is 28 years old now, is just a little unbecoming, to say the least...

Anyways, given that the guy has essentially shown two sides of himself throughout the show, I'm just wondering how he is perceived by fight fans: Humble guy with maybe a few demons to slay? Or childish and self-centered egomaniac? Somewhere in-between?

Discuss.

He just has some issues, which I think he won't deny himself, but he's not a bad dude. He doesn't mean to be overly defensive and stuff, you can tell his heart is in the right place. That is why I wouldn't mind if he wins. But that goes for all of 'em, even Josh kinda grew on me due to his determinism.

I feel like hes just kinda socially awkward and has a little bit too much pride/ego/whatever so when that gets threatened he acts out in a bad way. He can't quite figure out how to balance confidence and humility.

I like Uriah, and I understand him
he's just really motivated and serious, and that rubs a lot of the guys the wrong way, because he can't relax and joke.

it's true he's totally paranoid, but when you grow up with everybody making fun of you, that happens that you think others are picking on you

Who cares, it's the Ultimate Fighter.

I swear the TUF sub-forum ought to be split up between "the drama" and "the fights" because of threads like this.

Who cares, it's the Ultimate Fighter.

I swear the TUF sub-forum ought to be split up between "the drama" and "the fights" because of threads like this.

Nah, it's fine the way it is.

Although, I do find it funny how you care so little about a topic to click on the thread and post in it.

Editing ... get some America

I think he's got some serious issues. Dude plays the dick role because he's insecure. Reminds me of a kid that was bullied who wants to be a bully now. I think when he is faced with adversity he will crack and quit under fire.

I feel like hes just kinda socially awkward and has a little bit too much pride/ego/whatever so when that gets threatened he acts out in a bad way. He can't quite figure out how to balance confidence and humility.

That's more or less how I've looked at it. He comes across as overly sensitive and lets his ego get the best of him in social situations. Obviously part of that comes from being bullied as a kid like he said on the show, but what I thought was interesting is when he talked about being picked on and feeling completely helpless and never wanting to be in those shoes again. It seems like that poor treatment inspired him to lash out quickly, which is great for fighting but not so much for talking with people.

We shouldn't be so critical of his persona anyways, he's there to fight not talk.

Last edited:
Back