*UPDATE* Son had successful surgery yesterday!

Great news, I hope everything goes well over the next few months.

Hey Sherdoggers,

I wanted to pass along that my 6-month-old son had what appears to be successful surgery on his esophagus. He has been in the hospital since his birth, May 22nd. I had made a thread about him before his original surgery date of October 12th. This procedure was cancelled 5 minutes before it was supposed to commence and his second date, October 30th, was also cancelled due to cold symptoms.

He's in a sedated state while healing and will wean off meds and this step of the process Sunday. After that, he will go back to general surgery who will continue to treat and assess him before he is released home. The average time for this is a month.

I hope to post a series of pictures that show his progress down the road. He and his twin brother were born 6 weeks premature. The boy has come along way and is truly the strongest person I have ever met.

I hope this positive and optimistic progress in a very unfortunate and challenging situation adds some joy to your day. Thanks.
Glad to hear it. Sincerely.

Glad to hear it. Sincerely.
Thanks, I meant to tag you in the second post but it slipped my mind. Staff at Sick Kids in Toronto and other world-renowned hospitals are the closest to miracle workers on the planet.

Thanks, I meant to tag you in the second post but it slipped my mind. Staff at Sick Kids in Toronto and other world-renowned hospitals are the closest to miracle workers on the planet.
I've donated to the sick kids foundation on a monthly basis for the last 15 years because of precisely things like this.

When my daughter was born and didn't start breathing, seeing her being carted away while hearing a code pink over the PA, a piece of me died for the 10 minutes it took me to find out she was ok. I seriously cannot imagine what you and your wife have been going through.

Hell yeah brother! Awesome news.

My two year old sends your little man a high five.

awesome! great news!

I've donated to the sick kids foundation on a monthly basis for the last 15 years because of precisely things like this.

When my daughter was born and didn't start breathing, seeing her being carted away while hearing a code pink over the PA, a piece of me died for the 10 minutes it took me to find out she was ok. I seriously cannot imagine what you and your wife have been going through.
I'll use a cell phone battery/well hybrid analogy to address how I feel on an emotional level regarding my sons status. Aspects of my emotions have been a 0% cell phone battery for months. I believe this is my body/minds way of preparing for the worst case scenario. You can't drain a well that has no water so to speak.

Today the battery is up to 5%, hopefully tomorrow a 6% and so on. We are not out of the woods yet but this is a very positive step in the right direction! The well is starting to fill...and we are thirsty :)

Great news @Jim .

Your sherbros will be expecting a "Mayberry" necktat when he reaches 16.

<Goldie11>

Yes. We'd still be here.

<DCrying>

Good news man. Glad to hear your little man is doing well.

Didn't know you're a fellow Toronto guy!!

This ones for @Jim and his boy(s) !!

image.jpg

chris-weidman-instagram-fathers-day.jpg

Congrats. My little guy had surgery over the summer, nothing like knowing it turned out well. Here's hoping the month flies by and he's back home without complication!!

great news!, he will recover easily and become stronger than ever

Awesome news!

I just said a prayer for you and yours Sherbro! I hope you all have a GREAT Christmas/Happy Holidays!

Good stuff ts, I'm happy for you and the little guy

Back