Unisex changing rooms put women at danger of sexual assault, data reveals

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd want to share a bathroom with any of the women in our office . . . I've heard their restroom is pretty nasty.

I can only imagine the EEO complaints about someone being loud while taking a dump.

What are you doing to signal your availability?
10n6wl0.jpg

Not like we really needed a study to acknowledge this.

Well, I guess some people did, but it's not like those people really care about the facts, anyway. Not if they stand in the way of a good story.

It's pointless to even argue the point. Just let the events play out as they will.

Changerooms, women's shelters, prisons, etc - creepy men in lipstick demand access to these spaces, and anyone who expresses concern at that has been branded a bigot. We're now seeing the (predictable) results and it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

I gotta be honest here, I use the university pool every week. They have a male, female and a unissex lockerooms. They all have individual showers and some few individual changing rooms. Other than that is the usual lockeroom space.

The lockerooms are shared by everyone that goes to the pool and gym so the male lockeroom there is a bit crowded for my liking so one day I decided to try the unisex. A lot less people there but it was strange having to share the space with women.

I made an effort to ignore it and kept using it. With time I started noticing the crowd there was a little strange. Lots of weirdos tbh. Girls trying way too hard to be cool and show their tits in front of other guys. I know that sounds sexy but sometimes it's not the kind of tit you want to see. And sometimes is... and then what?!

It seemed forced and I felt like everyone was acting cooler than they are. Trying to make a point in a way. I continue to use there because I really hate a crowded lockeroom but I'm not really a fan of it. I just keep it to myself and don't stay there for too long.

That being said, if I was a woman I would never be comfortable with that. I would never be naked in front of men I don't know and pat dry my pussy in front of them. Like wtf are these girls actually thinking? You never know who is watching.

I made an effort to ignore it and kept using it. With time I started noticing the crowd there was a little strange. Lots of weirdos tbh. Girls trying way too hard to be cool and show their tits in front of other guys. I know that sounds sexy but sometimes it's not the kind of tit you want to see. And sometimes is... and then what?!

It seemed forced and I felt like everyone was acting cooler than they are. Trying to make a point in a way. I continue to use there because I really hate a crowded lockeroom but I'm not really a fan of it. I just keep it to myself and don't stay there for too long.

That being said, if I was a woman I would never be comfortable with that. I would never be naked in front of men I don't know and pat dry my pussy in front of them. Like wtf are these girls actually thinking? You never know who is watching.
Give em a dose of vitamin D, she's basically begging for it.

Lol at expectations it wouldn’t lead to that

Give em a dose of vitamin D, she's basically begging for it.
You see that's the problem with the whole thing... that's what my heads sometimes tell me but I could never act on it. I would be the fucking perv in the lockeroom.

Well, yeah. Safety should come before whatever feelings are being hurt because of bathroom ‘segregation’.

While obviously true, one could make a similar case about, say workplace sexual segregation. If a study were done showing that there was significantly more harassment and assault as a result of women and men sharing the same workplace, would there then consider the implications of workplaces that included women in them?

There will be a slew of "Oh, but that's different" responses, and of course that's true. The thing is, there are no true equivalences, and the idea that two things are the same says more about what you're socially/ideologically conditioned to ignore as important differences than about whether two things are actually the same. No two cases are the same, so saying "but that's different is" is actually kind of a banal truism that most people utter, quite unironically, as if it added anything to the discussion.

In this day and age, we're conditioned to think "Well of COURSE women should be allowed in the workplace, and be damned the segregation attitudes of a bunch of old sexists who think otherwise!" Will your grandchildren be saying the same thing about you, saying that the right of people to use the change room matches their gender trumps your hurt feelings? It may seem ludicrous but, a hundred years ago women being in the same office as men would have faced many similar complaints, and the response of "Oh, but those are obviously different" ignores how much of the positions we hold are just a result of temporally located ideological programming.

Last edited:
This is the same sort of excuse conservative religions use to keep women from dressing in certain ways or going out alone without a male relative.

Yes there is danger in the world, and if you exercise freedom you will increase some of those dangers... but freedom is worth it.

I think no women could say they honestly feel safe in that environment. Regardless of nothing happening it’s a personal privacy thing...

Obviously this was a terrible idea
But I mean you’re a bigot if you don’t like being raped or try to protect your kids

What if a girl you like at work is in there when you're taking a shit?

Guys are comfortable with each others asses, but with girls it's different.

Think about it... A normal guy smells more man ass than he does woman's ass in his lifetime.

We are guys. We're used to it. We even prefer it.

From the UK.

The vast majority of reported sexual assaults at public swimming pools in the UK take place in unisex changing rooms, new statistics reveal.

Just under 90 per cent of complaints regarding changing room sexual assaults, voyeurism and harassment are about incidents in unisex facilities.

What’s more, two thirds of all sexual attacks at leisure centres and public swimming pools take place in unisex changing rooms.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...g-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/unisex-changing-rooms-put-women-in-danger-8lwbp8kgk

Wow, nobody could have seen this coming. Another victory for progress.

But my fellow progressives tell me that nothing bad will happen if we put men and women together naked in a room. I wonder if they are wrong to force men women and kids to all use the same bathroom too?..............

Back