uninspired gamer - help me pick a game to play

i dunno. i havent been into even trying the dozens of games i have download as ps* subscriber.

i connect into GTA, Red Dead, No Mans Sky - but never play the in game stuff just walk, drive, fly around the world. its meditative and relaxing

but there hasnt been a game that captured my imagination and desire for immersion. like i used to have in younger years - FF7, Resident evil 2, mirrors edge, donkey kong country.

maybe its me or maybe everything today seems stale and unoriginal in controls, stories, missions, etc.

i know rockstar is the most successful but that follow from point a to point b using minimap and kill 100s of bad guys on the way actually ruins the immersion into the awesome worlds

i tried biomutant. its okay but no desire to commit.

tried nioh 2. too much requirement there.

trying battlefront 2 campaign. ehhhhh. its nothing great.

i recently played superhot and that was enjoyable.

but here are my choices now. what do u think?
  • mass effect 3
  • star wars fallen order
  • yakuza like a dragon
  • control
  • just cause 4
  • days gone
  • sw squadrons
  • detroit
Control, Mass Effect, Star Wars. Mass Effect is one of my all time favorites, but it's very deep and a long one. Not for everyone. Control has GTA like controls but better and is underrated. Star Wars is kinda a Souls-like and has a decent story to it.

i dunno. i havent been into even trying the dozens of games i have download as ps* subscriber.

i connect into GTA, Red Dead, No Mans Sky - but never play the in game stuff just walk, drive, fly around the world. its meditative and relaxing

but there hasnt been a game that captured my imagination and desire for immersion. like i used to have in younger years - FF7, Resident evil 2, mirrors edge, donkey kong country.

maybe its me or maybe everything today seems stale and unoriginal in controls, stories, missions, etc.

i know rockstar is the most successful but that follow from point a to point b using minimap and kill 100s of bad guys on the way actually ruins the immersion into the awesome worlds

• mass effect 3
  • star wars fallen order
  • yakuza like a dragon
  • control
  • just cause 4
  • days gone
  • sw squadrons
  • detroit
Mudrunner or snowrunner. I've been playing with my 4 yo. He loves it and is a damn good driver now lol

One of the Ni No Kuni games

FF meets studio ghibi

FF7 remake is also pretty obvious

Then the new MW2

oh yeah. i can get down on some FF7 remake. i did start playing it. it doesn't feel as immersive with the new graphics. something about the old school approach hooks ya better.

In that case, if you're on PS4 look into playing this -

this looks fun. mix between destruction derby, twisted metal and burnout. ill have to try it.

Usually I'm finding that the best thing for me is to take a month or two break between single player games. Otherwise I can get burnt out, but after not playing for a while I get the itch to play them again.

i hear ya. i am trying to take a break from non-story-games. i just play dirt 5 and ea ufc3 because it's quick and more primal. but i feel like it doesnt get the imagination flowing. i deleted ea ufc3 because it always won out amongst all other games when i had some time to play.

this looks fun. mix between destruction derby, twisted metal and burnout. ill have to try it.

Yup, its the 'spiritual successor' of Destruction Derby. Although its an 'arcade racer' it has many realistic-ish elements, and your tactics to win are also dependent on your ability to avoid damage.

Highly recommended.

And there's been a few season passes that have been released (more tracks & cars.)

If you like RPG like dragon quest then go for Yakuza like a Dragon. It plays exactly like a RPG. The action isn't fast although there might be side quests that require some clicking

• mass effect 3
  • star wars fallen order
  • yakuza like a dragon
  • control
  • just cause 4
  • days gone
  • sw squadrons
  • detroit

Have you played Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? If not, that might be up your alley.

Last of Us has a great story and pretty good gameplay. Its pretty immersive and linear for the most part so keeps the game experience pretty focused.

You gotsta get da Switch my brotha!

no time or room really. but id love to replay dk 1-3 and the new one u shares

Last of Us has a great story and pretty good gameplay. Its pretty immersive and linear for the most part so keeps the game experience pretty focused.

agreed. i replay this game from time to time and always enjoyed it. joel did the right thing at the end. fuck the fireflies.

this is hard like dark souls and nioh?

i love me some tenchu stealth assassins

Have you played The Witcher 3? Massive open world, almost 200 hours of content if you get the game of the year edition.

Story is great, sidequests are plentiful and can help shape the world, good graphics, combat is good but not amazing.

I am finally finishing it up, have been very impressed by it. Solid 9/10 or higher imo

Have you played The Witcher 3? Massive open world, almost 200 hours of content if you get the game of the year edition.

Story is great, sidequests are plentiful and can help shape the world, good graphics, combat is good but not amazing.

I am finally finishing it up, have been very impressed by it. Solid 9/10 or higher imo

have not played. good suggestion though. maybe itll be a free ps+ game one day then ill check it out

Mindless simple fun? I like simplicity sometimes, just turn on and play, not sitting through dumb cutscenes or grinding crap.

If you like old school platform like stuff maybe Rad Rodgers or Shovel Knight. Beat em ups, Streets of Rage 4 or TMNT Shredders Revenge. Shmups, Raiden IV. FPS, Ion Fury.

If it's not your thing ignore the post. 8 and 16 bit games still influence things I really like so always recommend.

Back