Understand the Poatan Problem

Jiri took him down, the same Jiri that submitted BJJ expert Glover and what happened? Jiri got a bit more of CTE. Jan also has wrestling ability, what happened? He lost to Poatan. Your post is full of holes TS, sorry. At the end of the day, Poatan hasn't been submitted, neither kept down from guys that should be able to. He is strong af, implements the stand up and is hard to just keep on the ground. Imo, he is more than proven.

So you, who just accused me of comparing Alex to Tim Sylvia and said I should be double to triple yellow carded for doing so, are now doing exactly what you said I did.

fantastic. Ty.
Reading comprehension is not your friend. That's probably why you resort to fighter bashing on the internet. Get wrecked dork!

Reactions: HHJ
Reading comprehension is not your friend. That's probably why you resort to fighter bashing on the internet. Get wrecked dork!
You’re truly the dumbest person I’ve communicated with on the internet. And that steroid idiot likes you. 🏆

I remember when people said the same thing about Anderson Silva. As soon as he faces a wrestler he'll lose. But the fact was every single fighter that took Anderson down (pre-Weidman) ended up getting finished. They didn't just lose the fight, Anderson finished them.

He hasn't defended a title yet and people are saying he's a God or something, I think it's because people hate Izzy.
What kind of dishonest bullshit is this? You didn’t watch UFC 300?

Since you obviously did not watch it. Go to Alex’s wiki page, fight finder, or whatever..

I know you’ll see that he defended his title against Hill as the ME of UFC 300. I guess it’s possible you forgot. I mean.. It happened so long ago. April 13, 2024.

Here’s the deal, rarely would I ever say a division is weaker than it once was. However, at light heavyweight this has long been the case. Ever since DC and Jones bounced, there has not been any talent to rival their skills.

In fact, this one of the weakest LHW classes of all time in wrestling. At least Chuck Liddel had to topple Randy Couture to hold title and of lesser significance Tito Ortiz. We don’t even have a wrestler of the quality of Randy Couture at light heavyweight anymore.

This is why when I say Poatan is not proven and sounds like a bluff talking about beating Jones or Aspinall at HW. Jiri took him down no problem and probably won round one coming off a long injury lay off and fighting with apparent ring rust. He’s a very big man, sure, but he’s not a great wrestler at all.

So let’s talk if you disagree about what you possibly could support your perspective with other than hope.
This is why I think he should push for random super fight with khamzat. At least test his wrestling out against a smaller man first and make good money.

Pa: khamzat smeshes him

I remember when people said the same thing about Anderson Silva. As soon as he faces a wrestler he'll lose. But the fact was every single fighter that took Anderson down (pre-Weidman) ended up getting finished. They didn't just lose the fight, Anderson finished them.
Denying his skills was very hard for his haters (me included at times)

TS has a strong wrestling bias.

Jiri was able to get a takedown because he is also a very big LHW. But even then, he had to navigate a guillotine attempt by Poatan, and once he got the takedown Poatan was able to neutralize all of his ground and pound, and stand back up before the round ended. Poatan has slightly better grappling than people generally think.

Aspinall DOES have the size+skillset to get the takedown. There is still danger in closing the distance though, and Aspinall already has a bum knee. You can never rely on the cruciate ligaments of a 265 lb person. I could also see
Aspinall getting overconfident on the feet. I would favor Aspinall, but it’s an intriguing matchup. Poatans hands are the great equalizer.

The only other fight for Poatan right now is Ankalaev, and Aspinall is in limbo waiting for Jones. It would sell massively. For Aspinall, what else is there to ask for? It’s a big PPV payday against a guy that he’s favored against.

Poatan's been taken down before,and he's always worked his way back to his feet. So taking him down isnt enough to beat him
I agree and there’s a lack of anyone at LHW that is a particularly good chain wrestler or good at taking and holding guys for apart from maybe Ank.

I do think jones if they were to ever fight would win and imo in dominant fashion as he’s got both great wrestling and is a legit submission threat on the ground.

The problem isn't with Potatoman, it's the shitty matchmakers and even shittier refs.

The day that Alex gets wrestlefucked and loses his title, is the day that all of his band wagon fans jump off and disappear lol. He hasn't defended a title yet and people are saying he's a God or something, I think it's because people hate Izzy sooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuch that they want to throat Alex's Poatan.

Pereira is good, but people need to slow down.
He literally just defended a title genius

Back