Underrated/Overrated Films

Has anyone seen Swimf@n?

I never have, but it's such a horrible premise that if it isn't the worst movie ever made then it's underrated.

swimfan_4682.jpg

Has anyone seen Swimf@n?

I never have, but it's such a horrible premise that if it isn't the worst movie ever made then it's underrated.

swimfan_4682.jpg

What is it about?

Underrated: Suicide Kings (most people I know have never heard of it. I enjoyed it a lot)

Overrated: Pulp Fiction (worth watching, but not as great as most others seem to think imo)

Is this a subtle troll job? Suicide Kings is known as being one of the worst Tarantino rip off movies of all time, trying to capitalize on his style unsuccessfully.

if trolling, brilliant

I cant get enough of this thread. Threads like this turn a productive day into a day/night of me watching fights, and watching/rewatching 5-10 movies.

underrated: The One. I don't know how anyone that is a fan of scifi/fight scenes could dislike this movie. It got shit on in reviews, but its my favorite Jet Li movie of all time.

underrated: I will second "Moon" like someone already mentioned. This movie would probably find its way in my top 100 or even top 50 list.

Underrated: Primer. has a cult following but still many have never heard of it. One of the most complex and beautifully made mindfuck movies ever.

Overrated: Gladiator, Apocalypto. yawwwwwn.

Overrated: Gone Girl.

Underrated: The Hunt. Again it has amazing reviews but tons of people have never heard of it. One of the most scary, deeply disturbing movies ever and the lead actor straight kills it.

Underrated: Bug. dont read anything about it and just go in.

Last edited:
Why are people continue saying Watchmen is underrated? It's not.

Because it doesn't get the credit it deserves as one of the best comic book movies of all time.

People would rather nitpick the few things it got wrong than give it credit for doing so much right, and squeezing the plot into one movie without butchering it.

Wait 76knockout got banned?!? Wtf why he was a great poster....

Underrated: The Hunt. Again it has amazing reviews but tons of people have never heard of it. One of the most scary, deeply disturbing movies ever and the lead actor straight kills it.

Best part of the movie was when he decides he's had enough shit and walks back into the supermarket.

The ending when they go on the hunt leads one to believe it's just a matter of time though.

All Star Wars films while being not bad, are way way way overrated.

Totes magotes. They are awesome because we saw them as little kids. As adults, they're pretty mediocre. Can't comment on the latest one, I'm never watching anything associated with Lucas again after the Crystal Skull and JarJar Binx or whatever it's name was. Way to destroy 2 childhood franchises, dumbass.

Underrated: Only God Forgives
Cerebral film that is less concerned with narrative and plot as it is with themes and mood. Does a great job telling the story in an incredibly unusual and uncomfortable way...which is probably why most people hate it.

Overrated: Troy (in my circle at least)
Starts off badass and nosedives from there. Achilles turns into a giant pussy the movie just drags on without any momentum for the last hour where it has Achilles run from camp to camp for no real reason. The film starts off with him walking out of 10 to 1 female to male ratio orgy then flash ko'ing a prime Klitschko, and ends with him whining over a 6 and getting shot by the best archer in history in the ankle of accident and dying. I know the story and I get the point but god this movie is 10x better if you watch Achilles arc in reverse.

Even tho I enjoy them.. The 'Godfather' films are overated imo.

I'm talking about the 1st two of course, the 3rd is only ok at best (and even terrible in some purists eyes) and that's acknowledged by most people.

Overrated: Troy (in my circle at least)
Starts off badass and nosedives from there. Achilles turns into a giant pussy the movie just drags on without any momentum for the last hour where it has Achilles run from camp to camp for no real reason. The film starts off with him walking out of 10 to 1 female to male ratio orgy then flash ko'ing a prime Klitschko, and ends with him whining over a 6 and getting shot by the best archer in history in the ankle of accident and dying. I know the story and I get the point but god this movie is 10x better if you watch Achilles arc in reverse.

I don't agree with your position but your expression of it was brilliant. Kudos.

Watch it in reverse, fantastic.

Interstellar
Most overrated film of the last ten years.
Just absolutely way over the top ratings considering the idiotic story and garbage science.

Back