Undefeated record in MMA...

Khabib never fought a top guy until he was around, what, 18 fights(?) Into his career much less fighting for the UFC championship. Other guys on much shorter career win streaks got thrown into deep waters against champs and #1 contenders. Khabib was an awesome fighter but his resume is just too short when compared to other all time greats.
Right, but thats how a career in combat sports should be imo, not that they need to pad their record with 20+ fights before actually trying at the big leagues but signing guys with less than 10 fights into the UFC it doesnt seem to help with their longevity imo, those guys get their career shortened cause they will eventually lose rather sooner than later, and sometimes fall pretty bad, Cody Garbrandt got the belt in his 11th fight, after that he is 2-5 and on the way out of the sport at 32 years old, honestly a progression similar to Sean Omalley is what you want, but even him got a steep increase in competition recently, got a steady diet of cans minus Chito Vera, he is rematching him actually, he is 10 fights into his UFC career and his last fight was for the title, i guess some progression would had been nice, but at 17-1 then he can build a legit elite list of wins at the top, nevermind the fact that he got a gifted decision against Yan, he still beat the champ after.

Right, but thats how a career in combat sports should be imo, not that they need to pad their record with 20+ fights before actually trying at the big leagues but signing guys with less than 10 fights into the UFC it doesnt seem to help with their longevity imo, those guys get their career shortened cause they will eventually lose rather sooner than later, and sometimes fall pretty bad, Cody Garbrandt got the belt in his 11th fight, after that he is 2-5 and on the way out of the sport at 32 years old, honestly a progression similar to Sean Omalley is what you want, but even him got a steep increase in competition recently, got a steady diet of cans minus Chito Vera, he is rematching him actually, he is 10 fights into his UFC career and his last fight was for the title, i guess some progression would had been nice, but at 17-1 then he can build a legit elite list of wins at the top, nevermind the fact that he got a gifted decision against Yan, he still beat the champ after.
I totally agree, in fact as Khabib was coming up I remember thinking that he's going to be more well-rounded and seasoned because he got to fight some lower to mid guys for a while in the UFC. I hate to say it because I will get flamed relentlessly for the comparison but if GSP hadn't fought the #1 WW in the world in like (approximately) his 8th or 9th total pro fight, and had been a bit more experinenced he also could've been undefeated but at the same time the fact that guys like him and Jon Jones were winning titles so early in their careers just showed what a class by themselves they were in.

PLEASE don't turn this into a GSP hate thread!! It is just a useful comparison obviously there are others too.

Back