Undefeated record in MMA...

El Fernas

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As most of sherdog knows by now, Bellator's WW Yaroslav Amosov is now 27-1, he was probably the only active undefeated record that close to Khabib's 29-0, Jones has that shitty DQ loss so he is out of the question...is there another fighter with a 20-0 or so record that could potentially break Khabib's 29-0 record??

Barao had a 31 win streak but he lost his first pro fight so he was never undefeated but he had a pretty impressive 31 win streak and then fell off a cliff losing to TJ, Aldo lost his 8th fight and then had a decent run to 24-1, so for a career start, does someone hold a better record or is there a fighter with an active undefeated career that could potentially break Khabib's 29-0 record?

Weidman was 10-0 after beating Anderson. 13-0 after beating deflated Belfort. People began to believe he was the future until he revealed himself as never that good

Book your master Amosov against that wimpy Jones guy, let's find out.

Catch weight and all.

And while we're on the topic, here's some interesting and autistic trivia I discovered over the years.

What's the most "cursed" undefeated record in MMA? 12-0. Off the top of my head I can name Rousey, Shane Carwin and um...well, I used to remember at least one more, but whatever. Don't have the energy. Anyway, someone younger and with access to stims like adderall can confirm this for me, but more undefeated fighters lose at 12-0 than any other number (not counting bs like 0-0. 1-0, 2-0, etc; they have to be established fighters, so anything 5-0 and above and you'll see 12-0 loses the most).

And while we're on the topic, here's some interesting and autistic trivia I discovered over the years.

What's the most "cursed" undefeated record in MMA? 12-0. Off the top of my head I can name Rousey, Shane Carwin and um...well, I used to remember at least one more, but whatever. Don't have the energy. Anyway, someone younger and with access to stims like adderall can confirm this for me, but more undefeated fighters lose at 12-0 than any other number (not counting bs like 0-0. 1-0, 2-0, etc; they have to be established fighters, so anything 5-0 and above and you'll see 12-0 loses the most).
Twice maybe three times it happened?

Theres more long winning streaks than ever before as MMA slowly boxingifys.

Most people have at least 1 loss these days. Khabib and Jones (yes he has a dq loss but it's nonesense and I pretend it's not there) are the only guys.

I am sure if another great fighter comes along and fights 16 scrubs before making it to a big show, they can do it.

Most great fighters are fighting in the big show by their 10th fight though if they're really good.

It's also interesting how 3 of the top4 undefeated records in MMA are held by Russians and 2 of the 3 have recently popped for PEDs and 1 of them is on Khabib's team, the 3rd being Khabib himself. All 3 are from Dagestan.

Icarus and RUSADA bless those Russian athletes

Last edited:
I think what’s more important is UFC win streak. But to answer your question, it’s Shavkat, I can personally see him beating anyone Middleweight and below.

I think what’s more important is UFC win streak. But to answer your question, it’s Shavkat, I can personally see him beating anyone Middleweight and below.
He is impressive but still 12 fights short, he does have potential tho.

Amosov looked fucking terrible last night.
Yup, from the very first minute or so you knew he was lost in there.

Weird how ppl dismiss Jones's loss. He should have more losses from dqs. He's quite lucky
Agreed, at least one more from the Smith fight, or that one instead of the actual DQ loss from the Hamill and potentially a loss from the Reyes fight, either way, he isnt undefeated so his record doesnt really count here, still impressive just not undefeated.

Khabib never fought a top guy until he was around, what, 18 fights(?) Into his career much less fighting for the UFC championship. Other guys on much shorter career win streaks got thrown into deep waters against champs and #1 contenders. Khabib was an awesome fighter but his resume is just too short when compared to other all time greats.

Back