News Umar Nurmagomedov vs Bekzat Almakhan is set for March 2

Who wins?

• Total voters
Well, Sandhagen and Bekzat are on two opposite ends of the spectrum, so it makes sense that the opinions would drastically shift like that lol.
True, but I think we both know that there would be criticism regardless of who they matched him up with.

True, but I think we both know that there would be criticism regardless of who they matched him up with.
If they wanted to give Umar a gimme fight that would increase his name value, they would give him the Cruz fight. These theories are so full of gaping holes that you would think it's Paulo Costas arm after a Staph infection.

They give him an unknown debutant who might wash out of the UFC in a few fights with 0 reward and 100% risk, 0 name value, and that's supposed to be the UFC giving Umar a layup lol?

I don't know that, but It is possible I guess. What I do know is that when there's no injustice going on concerning that camp, some fans come in and imagine a scenario where those guys are unjustly criticized, and then then use that imaginary scenario to rationalize complaining about a completely logical criticism has been made. It's like a victim complex or something.

I see it happen a lot.

Ali said that trying to find the opponent for Umar was the hardest matchmaking he had ever had to do. Nobody wants to fight him.

Ali said that trying to find the opponent for Umar was the hardest matchmaking he had ever had to do. Nobody wants to fight him.

Ali, the poster boy of trustworthy and transparency.

Do you think it matter why he pulled out considering it's his 5th bout cancellation in the last 3 years? You want a dream world where they roll out red carpets for guys that have fully cancelled or pulled out of 50% of their scheduled bouts over a 3 year period?

To summarily dismiss something as ridiculous - while completely oblivious to the set of facts above - is indeed triumphantly ridiculous lol

Umar is always saying he'll fight anyone. UFC is always saying it's hard to get these "killers" w/ great records but low exposure fights. Win-win.

I'm a huge Umar fan btw. But he needed this after what will amount to 1 fight since June of '22 (21 month).

View attachment 1028555

It's the usual Dagistan rebound fight post injury/time off. They will say how nobody would take the fight, but You look at that record and he has had plenty of shots against guys at the right place just outside the rankings and has pulled out. This is a tune up fight, a risky one but still a tune up fight against a debuting fighter with a skillset they are confident to beat.

I don't think Umar gets past Corey nor O'Malley.

no way this guys beats mehrab seems terribly gassed at interview
I just came to post that the guy is super talented BUT his gas tank is questionable at very best. That had to among the most exausted ive ever see a fighter during his post fight interview. I couldnt understand but like 20% of his words, yes I know english is his 2nd language but he was especially bad when winded.

Back