Ultimate fighter 17 final

pimple

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not a bad card for what it is. 3 bouts i have questions about.

First is Tate and Cat....Dont keep up with Womans too much so was wondering how close this is suppose to be on paper? I'm not sure who to pull for, i mean Tate is hot but i have not really seen any pics of cat but she has to be hot. Who wins?

Second is Browne and Gonzaga...i like this matchup...if Gonzaga wins he should get a top HW next. I'm not so sure he beats Browne but i have to go with Gonzaga.

Jorgensen and Faber, can Jorg beat Faber?? i really hope he does, if not Faber will secure a title shot in a yet undecided weight class.

bc23fd2d89e92c97009341461a2132c3.jpeg

Tate's probably gonna win over Zingano.

Only reason i have is because Zingano is fighting out of her weight class.

I see Tate and Zingano being close and whoever wins it will do so via sub. I'm leaning towards Tate due to her size(as mentioned above, Zingano only recently moved to 135) and experience.

I really hope Gonzaga beats Browne. Browne's arrogance before and after he got KTFO by Bigfoot annoyed me. I see this as a 50/50 fight.

Faber should beat Jorgensen comfortably, probably via decision. 30-27 Faber.

Zingano didn't recently move to BW the first 2 belts she won in the minors were at 130-135 and her last fight was at BW I think 4 of her 7 fights were at 130 or up.

Last edited:
Only interested in the Gonzaga vs Browne fight, hoping Gonzaga wins.

I want to see Gonzaga vs Mir.

The way Browne acted after he got ko'd was annoying. Gonzaga is such a head case though.

I'm looking forward to this card. The matchups from the show could be really good. I'd like to see Bubba get beat up again. Maybe by Hester?

There's like 7 fights announced, so that means we'll probably have like 5 TUF Finale fights, including the fight to crown the winner of TUF 17. I'm gonna go out on a pretty obvious note and say that 2 of those 5 fights are going to be boring/low level affairs (compared to the rest of the UFC talent), while the other 3 will be good/great.

Tate and Zingano should be fairly close, and probably a high-paced grappling/submission battle. This fight will definitely be an entertaining fight to watch IMO. I also think this fight will be a dark horse for FOTN, especially with the title shot on the line.

Gonzaga/Browne is kinda hard for me to predict what will happen, other than I am slightly leaning towards Browne to win via some sort of finish. I also see a lot of forward movement, and if this fight goes into the 3rd round, a lot of late round pacing.

As for the main event, I'd say I favor Faber over Jorgensen, but Scott has proven me wrong before, especially since he has improved quite a lot IMO (Faber has improved a bit too IMO). This match is one that intrigues me, and is a step up from recent TUF main events. Heck, this fight, the Tate/Zingano fight, and the Gonzaga/Browne fight are step ups over the last several TUF Finale main events in terms of talent in the main event.

Also, I'm not sure on this, but is Faber/Jorgensen going to be a 3 round or 5 round affair=???

Tate has dat ass, she'll beat Zingano.

No disrespect but... dat ass...

images

Tate has nothing for Zingano. It won't be over as fast as Tate/Rousey, but Cat finishes her in the first round.

Im taking cat to beat Miesha, she has just looked really awesome lately.

Also excited to see what fights will be announced for the card tonight after the final episode of TUF.

Zingano has all the skills to defeat Tate, Wrestling champ, awesome BJJ and great clinchwork, really powerful.

3 awesome fights,can't wait.Zingano has a chance and I see her winning

Only interested in the Gonzaga vs Browne fight, hoping Gonzaga wins.

I want to see Gonzaga vs Mir.

If none of my other picks were correct and this actually happened I would still be elated.

I've never been impressed with Tate. She gets beat up in all her fights. Even the ones where she wins. She's takes too much punishment.

Back