UFC's Stefan Struve: A quick Brock Lesnar return to fight Jon Jones 'would be the worst message'

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“They cannot do that. That’s impossible,” Struve told Submission Radio. “That would be the worst message the UFC could ever send out. So if he fights again, he should go through six months of testing, I believe, before he fights again. I think that’s the rule right now. So if he comes back, and they let him go through those six months of testing, then I’m curious to see how he steps in the cage.”

“I think Jones beats him anyway – simple as that,” Struve said. “Jones is too good of an athlete. I don’t think Lesnar gets a hold of him to take him down. Jones moves too well. I think ‘D.C.’ is a great fighter, and of course that kick was great, but before that I didn’t see the Jon Jones who we used to see as dominant as he used to be.

“So I’m curious to see if he re-finds himself and gets to be more dominant again. But I don’t think Lesnar takes him down or anything, and he’s definitely not going to win the fight on the feet.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/stefan-struve-brock-lesnar-jon-jones-superfight-worst-message

“They cannot do that. That’s impossible” - Stefan Struve

dana-white-laughing.jpg

Jones too good of an athlete? It's like Lesnar isn't the bigger, stronger and more explosive fighter.

Jones didn't look as good against Cormier? Damn, I thought that was probably one of his best outings, ever.

<Fedor23>

Cool. Even if Struve seems to not be very well thought out with his points. I.e., "I didn’t see the Jon Jones who we used to see as dominant as he used to be", well, no shit. He was fighting the (probably) #2 lhw ever.

Yet he finished him, as opposed to anyone ever, and as opposed to the last time they met inside the octagon.

I think if Lesnar threw some strikes standing he could surprise jones. Brock ain't the most technical striker but trust me even getting touched by him is going to hurt he's a huge mo fo and has a pretty good reach 80 or 81 I believe.

20728014_1975250176092961_7921415338382753135_n.jpg

I'd tell him USADA are on their way...

Welcome to America. Over here we spell it Stephan. And do you know why we do that, Stefan? Because someone told us we can't do that.

I love how everyone is like "I am not imprezzed with Jon Jones performance"

Off a layoff, a rather long layoff, he head kick KOed a top 3 p4p champ who no one else ever beat or finished. And as I recall he was winning on the scorecards....

Haters

Whatever, stretch.

Leaving money on the table is an even worse message

A guy like Struve taking all the head trauma he has sends a worse message.

I say we let the guy with 10 title defenses who cleaned out his division fight whoever he wants.

That doesn't make any sense, and that's not what this fight is about.

This is a comic book fight, a martial arts champion vs. big scary pro-wrestler.

Other than a Gustaffson rematch or a retired Anthony Johnson, Jon Jones has nothing left to prove at LHW. The guy has absolutely dominated the division. We've been wanting him to jump to HW for quite some time now so it should be no question the fight gets made.

I bet Struve wouldn't say a god damn thing about it if Jon Jones was asking to fight him instead.

They showed on more than one occasion that they are willing to bend the rules if a lot of money is on the line.

Makes you wonder why they even made USADA happen in MMA.

Last edited:
Back