UFC/WEC Featherweight Champions with least-to-most Top 10 ranked wins at Featherweight.

Yeah maybe. I like max better and there is my bias showing. Hard fight to call. Really everything revolves around the close rounds. Like with aljo and Yan it’s rd 1 and with Max and Volk rd 3 (I think rd 3. Can’t remember). It’s such small things that determine a close fight when you least expect it, like Yan not pushing harder in rd 1. Max coasting in rd 3. Crazy game when the guys are so even. But I respect your opinion bro, honestly I’m just a max fanboy.

Same to you. I do think judging fights as a whole is the better way to go and if I were to do that with those two fights I would score it for Max over Volk in the rematch but I would still have it for Aljo over Yan in the rematch as rounds 2 and 3 were by far the most dominant rounds of the fight. I don't think athletic commissions would ever get behind judging fights as a whole though.

Same to you. I do think judging fights as a whole is the better way to go and if I were to do that with those two fights I would score it for Max over Volk in the rematch but I would still have it for Aljo over Yan in the rematch as rounds 2 and 3 were by far the most dominant rounds of the fight. I don't think athletic commissions would ever get behind judging fights as a whole though.
Pride rules were so much better imo. The consensus always lined up with the majority outiside of fanboys it seemed.

The Flyweight version is here.
The Bantamweight version is here.
The Lightweight version is here.
The Welterweight version is here.
The Middleweight version is here.
The Light Heavyweight version is here.
The Heavyweight version is here.
Champions with most wins in each division here.
The Multi-Division version is here.

Rankings are based on FightMatrix.

Cole Escovedo
20140928113029_1MG_5232.JPG

Escovedo has 0 top ten wins.

Urijah Faber
0Sev3umPxJN1JSO8TzBKR8P-tNnIGz0vR7Ac1UPq-0Q.jpg

Faber's resume:

#4 Ivan Menjivar
#5 Jeff Curran
#5 Jens Pulver

Faber has 3 top ten wins.

Mike Brown
2b3b0ffd-e5ee-5fe8-8ef7-57c16c3d428b.image.jpg

Brown's resume:

#1 Urijah Faber
#5 Leonard Garcia
#2 Urijah Faber

Brown has 3 top ten wins.

Conor McGregor
635856114722983224-AP-UFC-194-MIXED-MARTIAL-ARTS-78254896.jpg

McGregor's resume:

#10 Dustin Poirier
#4 Chad Mendes
#1 Jose Aldo

McGregor has 3 top ten wins.

Alexander Volkanovski
582dcd9e-c42b-11ea-8c85-9f30eae6654e_image_hires_183754.JPG

Volkanovski's resume:

#6 Darren Elkins
#6 Chad Mendes
#2 Jose Aldo
#1 Max Holloway
#2 Max Holloway
#3 Brian Ortega
#9 Chan Sung Jung

Volkanovski has 7 top ten wins.

Max Holloway
TELEMMGLPICT000130846716_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

Holloway's resume:

#7 Cub Swanson
#7 Charles Oliveira
#9 Jeremy Stephens
#9 Ricardo Lamas
#2 Anthony Pettis
#2 Jose Aldo
#2 Jose Aldo
#2 Brian Ortega
#5 Frankie Edgar
#5 Calvin Kattar

Holloway has 10 top ten wins.

Jose Aldo
Jose-Aldo-UFC-761000.jpg

Aldo's resume:

#1 Mike Brown
#4 Urijah Faber
#3 Manvel Gamburyan
#9 Mark Hominick
#2 Kenny Florian
#4 Chad Mendes
#2 Frankie Edgar
#5 Ricardo Lamas
#3 Chad Mendes
#1 Frankie Edgar
#5 Jeremy Stephens
#9 Renato Moicano

Aldo has 12 top ten wins.
Why add Chan Sung Jun to Volk and not add Yair Rodriguez to Max?

Pride rules were so much better imo. The consensus always lined up with the majority outiside of fanboys it seemed.
Most of the time but they had some bad decisions as well but I think it is a better system and works better more often.

Why add Chan Sung Jun to Volk and not add Yair Rodriguez to Max?
Rodriguez was removed from the rankings due to inactivity (2 years and 27 days of inactivity to be exact) and even if I went by his rank after the Stephens rematch he only went up to #12.

Rodriguez was removed from the rankings due to inactivity (2 years and 27 days of inactivity to be exact) and even if I went by his rank after the Stephens rematch he only went up to #12.
He is ranked #3 right now after losing to Max.... https://www.ufc.com/rankings

They didn't remove fighters from the rankings due to the Covid Pandemic... and he wasn't #12 you are making that up... he KO'd Chan SUng Jung... he is top 5.. just because you disagree with a ranking doesn't mean you get to not include a top 10 win... how many other fights have you made your own judgement calls on?

He is ranked #3 right now after losing to Max.... https://www.ufc.com/rankings

They didn't remove fighters from the rankings due to the Covid Pandemic... and he wasn't #12 you are making that up... he KO'd Chan SUng Jung... he is top 5.. just because you disagree with a ranking doesn't mean you get to not include a top 10 win... how many other fights have you made your own judgement calls on?

How about you actually read the OP before you come at me with those assumptions on my character and ignorance on this thread series.

This trip down memory lane made me miss WEC cards on Sunday nights

How about you actually read the OP before you come at me with those assumptions on my character and ignorance on this thread series.

oh my bad... not your bad... I apologize...

I had no idea you were using fightmatrix.... one of the most garbage way to quantify rankings... what a waste of time... I thought you were using a reasonable ranking site... even Sherdog would be much better than Fightmatrix... their math somehows has Hughes as better than Anderson SIlva all time... you can't mathematically rate fighters... it doesn't work

it also still today after losing to Max... has Yair at #10.. It was #12 after beating Stephens(it wasn't in real life) then he didn't fight 2.5 years and lost... and is now 10 after losing to Max? such a garbage website.

sorry for wasting yours and my time.

oh my bad... not your bad... I apologize...

I had no idea you were using fightmatrix.... one of the most garbage way to quantify rankings... what a waste of time... I thought you were using a reasonable ranking site... even Sherdog would be much better than Fightmatrix... their math somehows has Hughes as better than Anderson SIlva all time... you can't mathematically rate fighters... it doesn't work

it also still today after losing to Max... has Yair at #10.. It was #12 after beating Stephens(it wasn't in real life) then he didn't fight 2.5 years and lost... and is now 10 after losing to Max? such a garbage website.

sorry for wasting yours and my time.

Regardless of which ranking site he used, people would have complaints. It's best that he at least picked one and is being consistent. I'll take the flaws in fightmatrix over the human biased rankings that are rampant in the vast majority of other ranking sites.

1. Aldo - 11 title fight wins (1 interim) - 9 defenses
2. Volk - 5 title fight wins - 4 defenses
3.. Max - 5 title fight wins (1 interim) - 3 defenses
4. Faber - 6 title fight wins - 5 defenses
5. Mike Brown - 3 title fight wins - 2 defenses
6. Cole Escovedo - 2 title fight wins - 1 defense
7. Conor - 2 title fight wins (1 interim) - no defenses
8. Yair Rodriguez - 1 title fight win (1 interim ) - no defenses

Do you agree?
See OP.

Updated Holloway's resume, who is now tied with Aldo for most top ten wins at Featherweight (12).

I came here from the Middleweight thread to check if my suspicion that a world class (but ultimately inferior) contender killer could score higher than a legit GOAT contender.

I was not disappointed!

Holloway being so far ahead of Volk is mad!

Thanks for the threads, dude!

ALDO aint even top 3 FW.
1. VOLKANOVSKI
2. Max Holloway
3 Conor mcgregor
4. Aldo

Lets compare wins...
Volk beaten : Max x3, Aldo, Yair, Ortega (honorable mentions Mendes, zombie)

Max : Aldo x2, Ortega, Pettis, Yair and Ortega (honorable mention Allen, Gaethje, swanson)

Conor : Max, dustin, Aldo, mendes, Alvarez.( honorable mention Diaz)

Aldo: Frankie, mendez, zombie, Swanson. (honorable mention Faber)

You dont get to be the GOAT of the division just because you defend your belt more times against taxi drivers, Aldo literally brought his belt from another organization and started defending it in the UFC.. if Conor, max and Alex were given the same opportunity they'd have 10+ defences. What matters is who has the better wins.

Also he lost to all three of those guys in his prime. Just because you lose to better fighters dont mean you're out of your prime all of a sudden. he was in his late 20s and early 30s when he lost to these guys.

in before you say, he had an early prime lol... he is still winning fights so clearly he isn't washed like Ferg or Woodley... he just lost to better fighters in his prime, nothing wrong with that.
tumblr_m69bbtbBRA1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Back