UFC veteran Brad Pickett returns to MMA

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
318_Brad_Pickett.0.0.jpg

Brad Pickett will return to action in front of his hometown supporters on Aug. 11 in London after signing a multi-fight deal with ACB.

ACB confirmed the signing of the UK MMA legend with MMA Fighting on Thursday.

“One Punch” bid an emotional farewell to fans when he retired from the sport at last year’s UFC London event after being stopped in the third round of his bantamweight clash with Marlon Vera. Vera’s win made it three consecutive defeats for Pickett after dropping a decision against Urijah Faber and being submitted by Yuri Alcantara.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...ulti-fight-deal-with-acb-set-for-london-debut

Classic MMA-retirement.

Not sure if it's a good idea, the sport seems to have passed him by. However he can still knock out anyone in his division on a good day and his fights are usually fun to watch unless his opponent wrestlefucks him.

Love me some Brad Pickett.

But he needs to stop. No need to risk further injuries.

Big fan here too.

i used to love one punch, but his best time was in cage rage.

Love me some Brad Pickett.

But he needs to stop. No need to risk further injuries.

Big fan here too.

He probably needs the money. But as a fan, I wish he'd stop, he's going to take more damage

i used to love one punch, but his best time was in cage rage.

Not familiar with his earlier fights. But the man was a pro's pro and always brought it. I can respect that

The mans just left his hat in the octagon like a week ago

{<doc}

He probably needs the money. But as a fan, I wish he'd stop, he's going to take more damage

Double edged sword for sure.

Needs the cash, really has no choice but to risk it.

I feel for the guy.

Not familiar with his earlier fights. But the man was a pro's pro and always brought it. I can respect that

in cr he was a force, he lost some step already when he came in ufc.

Double edged sword for sure.

Needs the cash, really has no choice but to risk it.

I feel for the guy.

For sure. I feel for vets of the game who leave without much to show for it except battle scars and serious neurological damage.

Agreed.

Shame we didn't get to see him 5 years earlier in the UFC (if the weight classes existed at the time)

I too love Brad Pickett, but he doesn't need to do this. Far be it for me to say when someone should retire, but he kept talking about retirement, and when you start talking about it publicly, it doesn't usually end well for you. I'm not surprise, Mr falcons.

I agree with all of the above. Hopefully he takes no more damage, and retires for real.

I used to attend most of the Cage Rage events back then, seen Brad KO plenty of guys, they were great days for UK MMA.

So gutted his fight with Miguel Torres never happened. Demitrius Johnson replaced him, won a dubious decision and got a title shot.

Torres vs Pickett would have been insane

ACB signing some interesting names lately.
But they should have kept their fingers away from Pickett, not a fan of his return.

But still a big name for their London Card, if I am not mistaken Mir also plans to fight on this card.
Smart signing, especially with Cage Warriors and KSW planing some big UK cards in the same time period,too.

Btw. Sick trailer but I am not sure if UFC is happy with them using their material.

ACB signing some interesting names lately.
But they should have kept their fingers away from Pickett, not a fan of his return.

But still a big name for their London Card, if I am not mistaken Mir also plans to fight on this card.
Smart signing, especially with Cage Warriors and KSW planing some big UK cards in the same time period,too.

Btw. Sick trailer but I am not sure if UFC is happy with them using their material.

If the rumors are true then we will also see Loughnane-Whiteford and Duraev-Strus on this card.

The last thing Pickett needs is a steady stream of Dagestani or Chechen killers standing across the cage from him.

Back