UFC Vegas 82: Brendan Allen vs. Paul Craig PBP Thread

Best bet on the card by far was Hooper/Leavitt ITD.

Don't know much about these two but a quick look at tapology has me wondering how a nearly 300th ranked fighter is on a main card of what is supposed to be the elite MMA promotion.

He's good but he's never beating Khamzat or Shakvat. Malkoun exposed his wrestling skills. Paul Craig just sucks at wrestling, he's a fighter who's skill points rely heavy on bjj bottom game and throwing rib kicks. He's like a heavier version of Gerald Meerschaert.

Well shkvat fights at 170 so he prob won't beat him or lose to him he was doing decent vs Strickland until he got finished I think he should fight cannoier next

Well shkvat fights at 170 so he prob won't beat him or lose to him he was doing decent vs Strickland until he got finished I think he should fight cannoier next
doh, i forgot. I remember him and Khamzat being in the same weightclass but forgot to that Khamzat moved up. My main point is that his wrestling game is not up to par with Khamzat.

He's good but he's never beating Khamzat or Shakvat. Malkoun exposed his wrestling skills. Paul Craig just sucks at wrestling, he's a fighter who's skill points rely heavy on bjj bottom game and throwing rib kicks. He's like a heavier version of Gerald Meerschaert.

Craig does fight similarly to Gerald that's true, although Craig is far more dangerous off his back. But yeah I agree Allen isn't beating Khamzat or Rakhmanov. He's good, but not THAT good. I just meant that it's time to stop looking at Allen as a guy who's in the category of guys like Paul Craig because Allen clearly showed his price tag was warranted and he's levels above a guy like that. Yes, not a champ in waiting but really good.

doh, i forgot. I remember him and Khamzat being in the same weightclass but forgot to that Khamzat moved up. My main point is that his wrestling game is not up to par with Khamzat.

Hah, I assumed you meant that Shavkat would be moving up at some point too (because I think he will). He's a giant WW, made Neal look small in their fight.

Craig does fight similarly to Gerald that's true, although Craig is far more dangerous off his back. But yeah I agree Allen isn't beating Khamzat or Rakhmanov. He's good, but not THAT good. I just meant that it's time to stop looking at Allen as a guy who's in the category of guys like Paul Craig because Allen clearly showed his price tag was warranted and he's levels above a guy like that. Yes, not a champ in waiting but really good.
yeah I've always seen him as a gate keeper. I see him keeping a lot of guys out of the top ranks.

No one has ever compared the 2 with my knowledge and wrestling isn't the only aspect of MMA

Back