6:00 PM ET eastern

U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/99119-ufc-fight-night
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/72530

https://twitter.com/search?q=#UFCVegas74&src=typed_query&f=top

FvOPK2oaMAErz9L.jpg
FwfGE4NWIAEE7q5.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything about the location for this event?
As a Swede I'm very interested. There has been rumours about this being an event in Sweden, but haven't heard anything in while now.

UFC Vegas 74: Kara-France vs. Albazi, June 3

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-on-espn-hermansson-vs-allen-2870
https://fightodds.io/odds/4643/ufc-fight-night-kara-france-vs-albazi

Daniel Santos -200
Johnny Munoz +170
Max Griffin -103 (they mean Maxim Grishin lol)
Philipe Lins -117
Andrei Arlovski -160
Don'tale Mayes +140
Abubakar Nurmagomedov +119
Elizeu Zaleski -139
Elise Reed +131
Jinh Yu Frey -151
Karine Silva -160
Ketlen Souza +140
Alex Caceres -175
Daniel Pineda +150
Guram Kutateladze -300
Jamie Mullarkey +240
Jim Miller +270
Ludovit Klein -330
Timothy Elliott -150
Victor Altamirano +130
Mayra Bueno Silva -190
Miesha Tate +165
Amir Albazi -175
Kai Kara-France +150

5 round main event at 125 pounds

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...t-blink-kara-france-vs-amir-the-prince-albazi

In terms of striking, 29 year old Amir Albazi (1.5 inch reach advantage, 1 inch taller, 1 year younger) has a very conventional style, he has a mid-width stance and a good high guard. He utilizes a great jab, mixing it up between the body and head before using it to feint and land the left hook around the defense. He allows his head to stay on the center line much more, but what he truly wants is to avoid trading from long range. Look for him to press with strikes and feints and ultimately get to the cage, where he can turn the fight ugly and try to bully him around with dirty boxing and clinch grappling. Albazi has tremendous takedowns on the fence and an acute positional awareness which sees him often immediately turn his opponent away to avoid wall walking. Albazi does have a very tight top game; he excels in maintaining top chest to chest pressure while cutting through guards with hip pressure and knee cuts, which allows him to minimize sweep threats while advancing. Albazi is a very active fighter who is constantly jabbing and moving. He throws lightning-quick combinations, and he has very quick knees. Albazi has proven himself really slick in a short time. He’s a physical talent with strong wrestling, but he’s not content to just hold his opponents. “The Prince” has a very strong jiu-jitsu game, and he’s actually a highly technical striker as well. Already, he’s advanced into the Flyweight Top 10.

Kai Kara-France (age 30) is an interesting fighter. His nickname is “Don’t Blink” because of the very real power he has in his hands. Kara-France is a skilled boxer who has rare power for the division and can end the fight with a single right hand. However, in the UFC, he has only a couple of knockout wins and the rest by decision. Further, Kara-France has a BJJ background with a sneaky slick submission game but rarely uses it. He is advertised as a power puncher, but, Kara-France is much more well-rounded. He often fights with forward movement but a counter heavy approach. This typically looks like Kara-France standing in a defense guard, with a wide base, walking forward and feinting strikes. Once an opponent reacts to his feint, or even better for the Auckland fighter, throws their own strike, Kara-France will counter with a fast and heavy combination of his own. Then, he’ll go back to being defensively sound and forward moving. Rinse and repeat. In fights where Kara-France is matched on the feet, few and far between as they are, he has solid wrestling in his back pocket and can win important minutes clinched against the cage even if he can’t complete the takedown. Kara-France typically struggles against intelligent strikers who won’t recklessly walk into his combinations and against fighters who can mix in enough wrestling to force Kara-France’s hands to drop, opening up his chin.

Last edited:
UFC Vegas 74: Kara-France vs. Albazi, June 3

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-on-espn-hermansson-vs-allen-2870
https://fightodds.io/odds/4643/ufc-fight-night-kara-france-vs-albazi

Current odds as of Sunday, May 21:

upload_2023-5-21_10-27-24.png

Amir Albazi:

“The goal has always been the belt, and whether it’s Moreno or someone else… It’s coming back with me. Kai is a very good opponent, and a good test for me. He has fought many veterans and also fought for the (interim) title. His strength is in the stand-up, and his weakness is his grappling, where I thrive – so it will be a battle of wills. I will maul him until I choke him out.“I’m currently training in Las Vegas, and the amount of training partners here is beyond what I could’ve imagined. I train with Aljamain Sterling, Merab “The Machine” (Dvalishvili), JP (Buys), Dan Ige, Patrick Mix, and many more. I started grappling at Fightzone Stockholm under Hans Ersson and later transitioned from grappling to MMA. I believe I come from a real old school jiu jitsu gym. I was taught by the best (Hans Ersson), who showed me ”real” jiu jitsu from the Viera brothers. Most black belts today got their belt from McDonalds with a happy meal. I grew up in Bredäng in Stockholm. They have seen me go from nothing all the way to the UFC. I fight for the people, and I will make them proud............... I’m also happy to announce the origin of Stars Align. Our organization, Stars Align, was born out of a project called ‘Project Förort. where we supported young people, immigrants, and anyone in need of a helping hand. Now, we’ve taken that same idea and applied it to the world of professional sports. Our management organization is designed to help athletes in need of guidance, mentorship, and support, as they pursue their dreams. We come from a place where we understand the importance of opportunities, guidance and mentorship.”

"I’ve already submitted two blackbelts before, so I wanted to put on a really good performance to show I’m a different level than these guys and that I’m ready for the top five. I’m ready for that belt. I hope you guys saw that. I hope you saw that I have knockout power, too. I can put people to sleep standing up, and I can put people to sleep on the ground. Just keep them coming, and I’ll keep taking them out. A lot of people are comfortable where they are. I’ve never been comfortable. I fled Iraq when I was the age of 7. In the middle of the night, I went to Syria. I haven’t seen my father. From Syria, I went to Sweden at the age of 8. In Sweden, I lived alone as a teenager at 15 years old. I lived completely alone up to the age of 18. Same thing. New country. I couldn’t speak the language. No friends. I kept fighting, kept trying, got into the UFC, and now I’m in Las Vegas. This is another step on the way. For me, it’s nothing new. I’ve always been uncomfortable. I thrive there"

Last edited:
From looking at social media/reddit it seems like people are really confident either way in the main event. Albazi is strong and has good grappling but we know that Kai has extremely good TDD and defensive grappling. I think Kai is the better striker by some distance.

Kai has fought and beaten much higher level opponents. I feel like people overlook this all the time. Albazi has not even fought anyone in the top 15. We have seen hundreds of guys look like world beaters and future champs until they took a step up in competition.

From looking at social media/reddit it seems like people are really confident either way in the main event. Albazi is strong and has good grappling but we know that Kai has extremely good TDD and defensive grappling. I think Kai is the better striker by some distance.

Kai has fought and beaten much higher level opponents. I feel like people overlook this all the time. Albazi has not even fought anyone in the top 15. We have seen hundreds of guys look like world beaters and future champs until they took a step up in competition.

Yeah, is Albazi really better at what he does than Askar Askarov?

Yeah, is Albazi really better at what he does than Askar Askarov?
Albazi and Askarov don't fight anything alike.

Albazi uses strikes to setup his take downs and will use grappling and some GnP to finish fights one way or another. Askarov just flicks out punches and then spams take downs, which is easier to game plan for.

Also, don't confuse KKF power striking for him being an elite striker. Without his power, he doesn't have much. Moreover, in his 10 UFC fights, KKF, only has 2 knockout wins, and those were against Bontorin (who dominated R1 and then randomly gassed at the end of it and got knocked out) and Garbrandt (the worst chin in the UFC who dropped from 135 to 125 and got rocked and finished in R1 by the first clean shot KKF landed).

Excited to see Guram again. Very high level fighter.
I am too, and he should definitely get it done against mullarkey, but I hope injuries don't catch up to him. I think he had major knee surgery, then came back, and had his dog fight with Ismagulov. I bet he goes hard af in training in sweden too, which takes its tool. Hopefully Guram is healthy and ready to push his way up the rankings like he seemed poised to do before his layoffs.

Hate to say it, but I think there is value on Don'Tale Mayes. I know that Arlovski has made a living off beating low level heavies the last few years, but I don't think he has looked good lately. Lost against De Lima, no shame in that but I didn't like the way he looked and before that spilt wins against Collier and Vanderaa.
I think De Lima fight was the beginning of the end for Arlowski (said before, I'm aware).
Don'Tale Mayes is not a world beater, but he is young and he is fast and strong. You would also think that he is making improvements.
I missed the line a bit and took Don'Tale Mayes at +100, but I think this is great value still.

Hate to say it, but I think there is value on Don'Tale Mayes. I know that Arlovski has made a living off beating low level heavies the last few years, but I don't think he has looked good lately. Lost against De Lima, no shame in that but I didn't like the way he looked and before that spilt wins against Collier and Vanderaa.
I think De Lima fight was the beginning of the end for Arlowski (said before, I'm aware).
Don'Tale Mayes is not a world beater, but he is young and he is fast and strong. You would also think that he is making improvements.
I missed the line a bit and took Don'Tale Mayes at +100, but I think this is great value still.
What was the opener if you missed it?+100 is better than what his line is now,he's a favorite on some sites

Ruh roh. Just received an e-mail that 5dimes is no longer taking bets from European customers effective 29th of May. Apparently, the widow of the murdered founder can no longer mentally deal with all the hassles of us regulation. So US and Europe market are off the board, wonder if they're about to shut down completely.

Kind of a bummer, 5dimes has been my main betting account for probably 10-15 years now.

Mayes isn't even an average HW imo. He looked like a mostly disinterested slug last time out vs Sakai. Tired quickly, allowed himself to be cage hugged for long stretches, didn't mount much offense at all.

Not saying +100 is "bad" because yeah AA is ancient and is clearly slowing down too. Just seems like a coin toss where it's "can this barely UFC level sloppy HW beat an over-the-hill version of a guy who used to be really good but is winding down his career..."?

Ruh roh. Just received an e-mail that 5dimes is no longer taking bets from European customers effective 29th of May. Apparently, the widow of the murdered founder can no longer mentally deal with all the hassles of us regulation. So US and Europe market are off the board, wonder if they're about to shut down completely.

Kind of a bummer, 5dimes has been my main betting account for probably 10-15 years now.
Really? Didn't receive anything yet.That sucks.Edit-yeah,I did.Well,one bookie less for me,sucks.

What was the opener if you missed it?+100 is better than what his line is now,he's a favorite on some sites

When I looked at it first time and thinking of betting it was +115. Not sure if he was a bigger dog before that.

Back