UFC should sign Michael Chandler while he's still a free agent and make the Alvarez/Chandler trilogy

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

I think it will be an awesome move for the fans and the roster. A classical rivalry gets finished in the biggest org and both guys are available to fight the rest of the top 10 after that.

We could even see Chandler Vs Khabib maybe, would love that fight.

Anyway I'm septical that it'll happen because DFW has said many times that what he's looking for are young hungry guys who want to be champions (understand young rookies who he can pay peanuts) and not fighters "on their way out of the sport (understand awesome veterans who he has to pay their worth). That's why he let Benson go and he's willing to let Eddie go to.

What's your opinion ? You'd like Chandler to be signed and have Alvarez/Chandler 3 in the UFC?

ermmmmmmmmm.... He re-signed with Bellator last week, I think...

Yeah he already re-signed ts

He never officially became a free agent

tenor.gif

Chandler must be making more $ in Bellator, which says a lot about the UFC.

I suspected this and withheld posting to avoid a yellow card, but now, another fighter is saying it:

"Bellator featherweight champion Patricio Freire recently made some interesting claims. Freire said that Chandler didn’t sign with the UFC so he can avoid the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA):

“I’ve already said it before in interviews and tweeted about it: Chandler wasn’t going anywhere near USADA. He was just talking about the UFC as negotiation tactics. That guy is one of the biggest PED users in the sport. I think it’s a good thing he stayed. That way my brother can avenge his loss, and I can beat him up, too.”

Missed the boat here, but yeah there would be some great matchups there.

Chandler-Gaethje
Chandler-Alvarez III
Chandler-Porier

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

They should sign Will Brooks as well eh.

it says bellator has a few marquee brand names that they want to keep away from the ufc and in their org.

If Chandler was any good he’d be in UFC. Better to pretend in Bellator and make that money.

What does it say? That a competeing organization can compete for talent. Or are you referring to the opinion around here that the UFC is an evil corporation and Bellator is the white knight that's going to save all the poor fighters?

Back