PBP UFC: Road to the UFC Epsiodes 3 & 4: Official Play by Play Thread, 3AM and 5AM PT (UFC Fight Pass)

I need to know who Laura Sanko's husband is
ben-kenobi-hes-me.gif

what do you mean the good ol' eyepoke to back of head hammerfist finishing combo is now illegal?
<Oku01>

DQ this
2 fouls in 30 seconds
cant say the eye poke did not lead into the knockdown

if not for my degen bet on maruyama i would have come out ahead this event lol

right call goddard

Surely they should've had some bilingual refs for this event?

but this argument is 100% valid

not knowing the language in the exchange

aggressor might have heard
fight back fight back
and not pick your shots

Bahatebole is terrible, but he advances.

disappointing (but suitably br00tal) end aside these were two fun events, at a perfect time of day
<{JustBleed}><Oku03>

It would be nice if they could make them regular. Some things that might help with that -

- sign a bunch of washed up JPOP/KPOP idols. Would draw big crowds. Surely plenty of ppl ageing out of that slave industry aged 23-24, bitter and angry, would be more then happy to join another slave contract where they at least get to work out their frustrations with violence

- fighters from Best Korea

<Kpop775>

Does Won Bin Ki speak english? How is he supposed to know what the referee is saying if they cannot communicate it to him in his native dialect.

The same thing happened in Bellator last month with Sergey Billosteniy, who doesn't speak any english, and Davion Franklin. Bilostenniy lands a legal elbow to the side of his opponents head, they drop to the ground, and a few of his follow up shots hit the back of the head though clearly not intentionally and is DQed.

It should always be a NC when the fighter clearly on their way out is the one fouled and just encourages more guys on their way out of fights to put themselves in situations to be fouled (baiting illegal knees, strikes to the back of the head etc).

Does Won Bin Ki speak english? How is he supposed to know what the referee is saying if they cannot communicate it to him in his native dialect.

The same thing happened in Bellator last month with Sergey Billosteniy, who doesn't speak any english, and Davion Franklin. Bilostenniy lands a legal elbow to the side of his opponents head, they drop. to the ground, and a few of his follow up shots hit the back of the head though clearly not intentionally and he is DQed.

It should always be a NC when the fighter clearly on their way out is the one fouled and just encourages more guys on their way out of fights to put themselves in situations to be fouled (baiting illegal knees, strikes to the back of the head etc).
I'm still bitter about Sakara/Cote and Erick Silva/Prater.

As a backer for Japan, I'm getting less confident in their chances.
Rei has a very tough fight against Climaco who is no slouch in the grappling department and has serviceable striking, especially with training at AKA, to frustrate Rei.
Shuya comes from the Ben Askren school of standup and is too small for the bantamweight bracket although he has beaten bigger fighters in ONE, particularly Americans and Brazilians. So maybe the year off was too much and he just needed to shake off the ring rust.
Kanda doesn't even need to be discussed.
Shin's biggest threat is Rong Zhu, but we're seeing the size difference already with Batebolati. That Chinese guy looks way bigger which makes sense seeing as he fought in welterweight.

Japan is finished. Done. Gone. Over. Terminated.
2518325-its-over

lol, Graham Boylan's Indonesians go 0-4.
Expected this tbh, like I said the fact some of these guys have gyms they train out of from where they are from is a miracle to me already.

I hope they stay training overseas because atm the training back in Indonesia just isn't up to international levels. I hope Boylan brings in Iman lesmana who was fucking up Patilima on the feet but got finished cause he didn't know what to do on the mat. Younger than Wendris too, I was also suprised to see 0 fighters from Bali MMA who actually have a proper Muay thai trainer.

Did anyone just go ahead and pick all Korean and Japanese fighters?

I know a couple lost, but looks to me like they're going to dominate outside of one or two Chinese veterans.

Back