UFC Removes 1 Hand Grounded Opponent Rule

Sucks.

That was the best MMA technique for street fights. I was waiting for the day I would fight someone so i could put my hand on the floor to avoid kicks and knees to the head.
If we fought you wouldn't have time to implement that technique.

because it happened before january 1, 2017, you know before the new rules went into effect?

It was illegal before and still illegal. He said he did it on purpose, it should have been a DQ.

I like the other two rule changes, but who the hell was lobbying for heel kicks to the kidneys?

I thought the reason they were outlawed was because they didn't hurt enough to influence the fight, but they did cause damage a few days later when fighters peed blood.

It's just strange to me that they'd change that rule. I've never seen anyone, even the crazy people on sherdog, ask for such a rule change.

How will Jon Jones win with such rules ?

Stick his palm out towards his opponent instead of his fingers. Still will keep his opponents at bay on the outside eating oblique kicks and jabs.

Finally! Now if a fighter wants to be that ghey, they need to stick both hands on the mat and raise their bottoms in the air and look that dumb.

ULLa0vp-1024x503.png

http://entimports.com/2017/01/ufc-reveals-new-rule-changes-effective-immediately-for-2017-look/
Dam...they just removed Jon's most favored technique.

Fucking racist.

because it happened before january 1, 2017, you know before the new rules went into effect?
it does'nt matter that fight would still be a dq in 2016 or 2017 a knee down is a grounded opponent even after the rule change

They should really allow guys on their backs to upkick regardless of whether their opponent is standing or not.

Who do we thank for this? WME? If so THANK YOU. All 3 are definitely a step in the right direction.

Hope more changes coming. Upkicks to grounded guy on top legalized next hopefully?

So simply extending your fingers at an opponent is now a foul? There's got to be more wording than that.

The wording is a little more strict than that. You have to have your arm extended, palm open, fingers towards your opponent.

I'm completely fine with that wording because it prevents fighters from using the threat of an eye poke to stop opponents from closing the distance.

About time!!!. should have been removed a long time ago

Stomps to a downed opponent and the UFC will reach its final form.
<{JustBleed}>

It has astericks to it. Some States aren't accepting it.

Back