UFC ratings vs bellator ratings

The last two UFC Fight Night's have had god awful cards, not to mention they clash with football games. Bellator on a Friday night doesn't clash with shit.

How would Bellator do on FS1? Let the channel get its legs under it and then revisit this.

Here is the thing.....

UFC can put stars(bigger name fighters, but not the biggest names) on FS1 and the ratings double. Bellator can stack a Spike card and the ratings go up 100K-150K. I'd much rather have UFC's problem cause all you need to do is find a happy medium. Bellator can't fix there issue.

P.S.: Apparently a washed up/boring TUF show with two women can out rate the UFC and Bellator. See how easy it is to twist things around on the surface.

The last two UFC Fight Night's have had god awful cards, not to mention they clash with football games. Bellator on a Friday night doesn't clash with shit.

Bellator clashes with the fact Friday is a terrible night for TV. Their ratings would be pitiful on just about any other night but fairly acceptable for Friday Night. Bellator would probably be doing better ratings if they still followed Impact Wrestling.

Either way, no point in comparing Bellator MMA to UFC's secondary shows that aired on different nights. Even if one got more than the other. Spike is still an established home for MMA. Nobody really knows where FS1 stands yet.

Different nights, different times, different networks.

No doubt the move to a new sports only network in 12 million less homes and doing Wed shows has brought the numbers down, cut them in half really so thats evened up the tv ratings with Bellator compared to what they were doing just 4 months ago.

But like was said, UFC is doing events that start at 5pm est prelims and 7pm est for main card rather than 9-11 like Bellator.

Will be interested in seeing what the Vitor/Hendo card does since its the first Sat card since the debut, also the Big FOot/Hunt card is a Friday.

Comparing Bellator's numbers on Spike to the UFC's numbers on Spike is probably the more apt comparison, but it is what it is. Clearly some Bellator shows can outperform some UFC shows, depending on the circumstances. Another apt comparison would be comparing the UFC's ratings on Fox Sports 1 to other shows on Fox Sports 1. I'm pretty sure that UFC content is their biggest draw at the moment.

The last UFC fight night got 638,000 viewers http://mmapayout.com/2013/10/ufc-fight-night-29-638000-viewers-tuf-18-episode-6-725000-viewers/ which is lower than the recent bellator cards. I gotta go somewhere right now but I will try compile a list later today of all the ratings since the first UFC on fs1 for both orgs.
UFC in the afternoon in the middle of the week on a start up channel. Its still the #1 program on its network. UFC still beats Bellator in the key demo.

Bellator is one of the lowest rated properties on its network. Loses to UFC in the key demo.

Though not as important to advertisers UFC gets a huge DVR bumb. TUF has broken 1 million+ on DVR+3. Bellator barely gets any boost from DVR. So more eyes are on UFC and has a higher key demo rating.

Back