UFC PunchStats (Pereira vs. Hill)

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
PunchStats.JPG

Alex landed an unprecedented 80% of his strikes, but even these stats don't tell the whole story.
  1. Alex dropped Hill with the FIRST and only head shot he threw: that left-hook/shovel punch, while standing. (All other head shots were on the ground.)
  2. Alex landed 100% of his body shots;
  3. Alex landed 66% of his leg attacks.
In retrospect, Jamahal Hill didn't even belong in the cage w/ Pereira ... and, deep-down, Hill knew it.

Yes, Hill was shook at the face-off, and he wrote a check with his mouth that his inexperienced ass couldn't cash.

At the end of the day, all that talk about "Hill's chin" was exactly what I said, irrelevant, because he had never faced an opponent remotely close to Pereira's level, or power, and it showed.

And, as I also said, that little "tennis ball" head of Jamahal Hill is not the kind of head/neck structure that equates to an authentically-good chin.

It was almost comical, as Pereira's fist was almost as big as Jamahal's entire dome.

Last edited:
Amazing.

I am surprised more people are not talking about how Jamahal Hill literally got dropped by the first punch Alex landed on his chin, seeing as the narrative was Hill had "never" been wobbled or dropped previously.
Even more Bawse level is he just received a kick in the nuts, but told Herb to get the F back, and chin checks Hill instantly.

Dude is like a character out of a video game.

Alex KO R1 by left hook was a perfect way to end that amazing card.

6/6 isn't as impressive when you don't get blinded by the percentage. You also boast about his 66% leg strike accuracy while ignoring Hill's 89%. Also, 80% isn't unprecedented. Not a hater as this is exactly how I hoped the fight would go, but let's not make it out to be more than it is. Plenty of fighters have had flawless victories.

6/6 isn't as impressive when you don't get blinded by the percentage. You also boast about his 66% leg strike accuracy while ignoring Hill's 89%. Also, 80% isn't unprecedented. Not a hater as this is exactly how I hoped the fight would go, but let's not make it out to be more than it is. Plenty of fighters have had flawless victories.
How many fighters face a former Champion, coming back for the title they vacated due to injury, who has never been down before ... and KO that dude with THE FIRST punch to the jaw they land?

Back