UFC/Pride Middleweight Champions with least-to-most Top 10 ranked wins at Middleweight.

There's a trick to it. I know the secrets. What month/year would you like?

There isn't one in particular. Just the ability to check them when it tickles my fancy.

Anyone find an easy way to look up Suredawgs older rankings?

Nope, only way I know of is google but a lot of the time the links don't work anymore.

TS missed a few

Franklin had 1 more top 10 win vs Okami

Weidman had 1 more win vs Belfort

Silva had 3 more wins. Leites, Brunson and Belfort

Hendo had 3 more wins. Bisping, Misaki and Murilo

Luke had 1 more win vs Kennedy

I'd also like to see a list with guys that had a bunch of top 10 wins but never won the belt

Belfort, Mousasi, Machida, Romero and Jacare all had a bunch. More than some champs lol

Not sure if Okami was top10 ranked at the time.

Belfort was probably not but only because of inactivity.

Anyways, fightmatrix is bullshit

And Sherdog also used to have Lightweight and Welterweight rankings combined into one; you also can't even access those rankings from the late 90's/early 00's.

Okami was ranked #13.

Belfort was removed from the rankings due to inactivity (he hadn't fought in 18 months).

Leites was #14, Brunson was #12, and Belfort had been removed from the rankings due to inactivity (he hadn't fought at Middleweight in two years).

Bisping was #11, Misaki was #28, and his first win against Bustamante was at Light Heavyweight.

Kennedy was #12.

Vitor was #6 on Sherdog rankings in January 2011:

Sherdog Official Mixed Martial Arts Rankings - Middleweight

Leites was also ranked. I told 'ol homie back on the first page, about a year and a half ago, that Fightmatrix was dog shit.

Last edited:
If I’m learning anything at all from your threads, it’s that in the past, the path to a title shot was a lot easier.
The way contracts were structured was alot different IIRC

Guys weren't exclusive to UFC and could jump around, which meant less scheduling opportunities. And it doesn't help that Pride and UFC were splitting the talent pool pretty heavily

The way contracts were structured was alot different IIRC

Guys weren't exclusive to UFC and could jump around, which meant less scheduling opportunities. And it doesn't help that Pride and UFC were splitting the talent pool pretty heavily
Yeah the monopolization of the ufc put em all in one org. So now you have to climb over each guy. And your competing for similar fights and opportunities.

Fight Matrix rankings are trash

These really just trash past champions and make recent fighters look better.

Just 1 small example was Hendo being the 183lb Pride champ fighting Silva for a true undisputed champ of that time. Hendo is not even on that list lol

Thanks for keeping these threads updated.

So none of These bums has a win over Frank shamrock or Filho?

Back