UFC on FOX 25 Long Island Needs a Co-Main.. How About Barboza vs. Iaquinta?

Unfortunately not many fans know them

I prefer Tony Ferguson vs Nate Diaz or Tony Ferguson vs Khabib

Sounds good, or how about Iaquinta vs Poirier/Alvarez?
I like that fight a lot too but I think Iaquinta makes a lot of sense for the Long Island card and Poirier/Alvarez still have to have their rematch.

while i would enjoy watching barboza whoop that ass i dont think iaquinta deserves a shot at him

iaquinta/teymur or vannata would be a good scrap
Rankings don't matter brah. Barboza vs. Iaquinta would be very competitive regardless. I like your suggested fights too though.

Unfortunately not many fans know them

I prefer Tony Ferguson vs Nate Diaz or Tony Ferguson vs Khabib
I think more than enough fans know who Barboza is. Iaquinta is a New York native. He makes perfect sense for this card. Ferguson vs. Diaz or Khabib isn't going to be the Co-Main of a FOX card. Shit, it could probably headline a PPV. Plus we aren't even talking about them right now lol

4 events in June and 5 in July, I'd be surprised if Rivera/Almeida wasn't the Co Main at this point.

4 events in June and 5 in July, I'd be surprised if Rivera/Almeida wasn't the Co Main at this point.
The event filled up quick. I wouldn't be surprised either but I really hope not. Big FOX cards have gone downhill. They used to be fucking awesome. Free cards that were on par with PPVs.

You guys really think they will patch things with Al in time. I don't.

You guys really think they will patch things with Al in time. I don't.
I mean, he's willing to fight out his contract. Hence, him coming back and fighting Diego Sanchez for the same amount of money. He said he's just going to fight out his contract and see what's next after that. He's going to go wherever the money is. He's been on twitter for the last few days looking for a fight.

I mean, he's willing to fight out his contract. Hence, him coming back and fighting Diego Sanchez for the same amount of money. He said he's just going to fight out his contract and see what's next after that. He's going to go wherever the money is. He's been on twitter for the last few days looking for a fight.

Until the next moment when he rages that dude isn't stable. xD

Live about 30-45 minutes away from the venue. Card doesnt interest me.

Pumped for this show. Haven't been to Long Island before.

Youll probably have a better time heading to a place like Long Beach to watch the fights than Nassau Coliseum.

Live about 30-45 minutes away from the venue. Card doesnt interest me.

Youll probably have a better time heading to a place like Long Beach to watch the fights than Nassau Coliseum.

Nah I love the live experience.

I've heard Long Island's not too bad.

Did Brooklyn in February, it was not as bad as I thought.

UFC on FOX 25 from Long Island, NY is a pretty damn good card. It's got 3 solid Main Card fights including a solid Main Event in Weidman vs. Gastelum, but one thing it doesn't have is a proper Main Event for a Big FOX card. Iaquinta has publicly stated that he wants on this card and I think he would be great for the Co-Main Event.

Edson Barboza may deserve a bigger fight but most everyone is booked save for Tony Ferguson who seems to be holding out for Nate Diaz and Nate doesn't seem to be signing the dotted line anytime soon. Let's go through the rankings and have a look, shall we?

#1 Khabib, out til the fall of course... #2 Ferguson, holding out for an interim title fight or Nate Diaz... #3 Eddie Alvarez is already confirmed to be rebooked against Poirier for a later date... Barboza sits at #4. #5 Rafael dos Anjos is now at WW, he's out of the equation... #6 Michael Johnson is headlining the TUF Finale against Justin Gaethje... #7 Michael Chiesa is headling Fight Night OKC against Kevin Lee. #8 Nate Diaz isn't going to fight any time soon... #9 Dustin Poirier is going to rematch Eddie Alvarez... and #10 Beneil Dariush just got his shit pushed in by Barboza.

....In comes Al Iaquinta, who is developing a cult like following for his amazing twitter antics and outspoken attitude against the UFC. Why not give him a Co-Main opportunity against a top ranked guy in his hometown? He's on a 5 fight win streak and fresh off a layoff did what no one else has done and knocked Diego Sanchez the fuck out. He may be ranked #11 but I think his excellent boxing could highlight Barboza's lacking defense and make for an awesome fight.

What do you guys think?

I'd watch it. Barboza should win though.

I think it needs needs a main event and an exciting opening fight.
Weak so far.

Ranking wise maybe not but it would be a competitive fight and we all know it. I'd even favor Iaquinta. Rankings don't matter though. Word to @Emjay

Rankings matter if you're trying to promote more fair match making. But if they did book the fight I'd also have Iaquinta as the favorite to win.

I'd really like to see Iaquinta welcome Pettis back to 155.

Diaz vs Fergy
Barboza vs Chiesa/Lee winner
Iaquinta vs Dariush

Rankings matter if you're trying to promote more fair match making. But if they did book the fight I'd also have Iaquinta as the favorite to win.

I'd really like to see Iaquinta welcome Pettis back to 155.
Iaquinta vs. Pettis would have been cool but Pettis is fighting Jim Miller at UFC 213.

Back