UFC on Fox 25 Cummins vs Vilante Play by Play Discussion

When will Vilante learn he needs cardio training more than anything else. No gas in the tank has made him loss fights he should've won.

So the guy who looks like he got hit by a truck won? lolz
As he should have. You don't judge a winner based on how their face looks after a fight. Not to mention moat of the blood came from a headbutt.

Cummins did all the work in that fight. Villante did good damage for like a minute total and was soundly out struck the rest of the fight

I was totally wrong about that fight. I underestimated Patrick's chin, and overestimated Gian in every way.
I dont believe you did underestimate his chin. Gian just loses power incredibly quickly. Cummins remains a punchbag to anyone who can punch and move for 2 rounds.

Well, this is the 2017 UFC LHW division so with an injury dropout he'll be a short notice replacement for a title eliminator. Fuck that's sad.
Well there ya have it folks. Cummins is getting that title by the end of the year.

(Sigh) Villante strikes me as a guy with no real drive, you know? Content to just be there and trust in his lunk of a head to survive the shots. Negligible fight IQ, even less cardio, and what's worse, apparently lacks the initiative to do much about increasing either.

(Sigh) Villante strikes me as a guy with no real drive, you know? Content to just be there and trust in his lunk of a head to survive the shots. Negligible fight IQ, even less cardio, and what's worse, apparently lacks the initiative to do much about increasing either.

In other words he doesn't have the drive to become a champion.

Well there ya have it folks. Cummins is getting that title by the end of the year.

He already fought against DC as a short-notice replacement for an injury dropout. Maybe it's fate.

In other words he doesn't have the drive to become a champion.

Exactamundo. He's happy enough to lead his shoreside bachelor life, eat burgers and watch shitloads of reality television. He's a fascinating compare/contrast with his best friend Stipe Miocic...alike in personality in so many ways but lightyears apart in that crucial element of drive and focus.

Exactamundo. He's happy enough to lead his shoreside bachelor life, eat burgers and watch shitloads of reality television. He's a fascinating compare/contrast with his best friend Stipe Miocic...alike in personality in so many ways but lightyears apart in that crucial element of drive and focus.

IDK I think Stipe is in the same boat wait until he has to fight someone like Cain that can easily go 5 rounds.

IDK I think Stipe is in the same boat wait until he has to fight someone like Cain that can easily go 5 rounds.

The only way Stipe and Villante are in the same boat cardio-wise is Stipe's in first class and Villante's in steerage!

The only way Stipe and Villante are in the same boat cardio-wise is Stipe's in first class and Villante's in steerage!

Look back at Stipe's fights if he doesn't KO his opponent in the 1st round it ends up going to a decision or he loses. Stipe loses his KO abilities after the first round and becomes gassed out.

Look back at Stipe's fights if he doesn't KO his opponent in the 1st round it ends up going to a decision or he loses. Stipe loses his KO abilities after the first round and becomes gassed out.

I know you have to go back past a handful of firstround KOs to remember it, but look at the Hunt fight. Sure it was as one-sided as a Moebius strip, but the sheer physical labor involved in throwing a record number of strikes would exhaust almost anyone, and he was still literally dancing around after the fight was called in the fifth. He's worked on his cardio assiduously. In his camps now he's being shark-tanked from the very start.

Hard work, my friend, and the drive to be champion—which he is indeed. He is the type that always strives to improve, and Villante...is SO not that.

Back