UFC negotiating with Mamed Khalidov

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

UFC / KSW / ACB - decision will be made in September

PS. Khalidov managers = KSW owners

Last edited:
Unless the UFC ponies up the cash, I see him staying with KSW.

Could be the ticket to a big stadium show in Poland. If Karolina can string a few wins together give her a title shot and Mamed on the card along with the other Poles already on the roster, plus a few more signings.

I don't see him in the ufc.
1.He take steroids, there is no anti-doping control in KSW
2. He's old
3. He earns probably around 200k $ for a fight. He would get 20k+20k +2500 reebok in UFC
4. Way better competition in UFC
5. 2 or 3 years ago i would put him in top 5 best MW in the world, he would not crack top 10 this year

He might get 1 UFC fight at UFC Gdansk this year as main event and Karolina co-main

2. He's old
3. He earns probably around 200k $ for a fight. He would get 20k+20k +2500 reebok in UFC
5. 2 or 3 years ago i would put him in top 5 best MW in the world, he would not crack top 10 this year

He might get 1 UFC fight at UFC Gdansk this year as main event and Karolina co-main

No judges giving him bs decisions would be the top reason.

h'd get wrecked in UFC, a 170er beat him in his last fight.

2. He's old

No way Khalidov was a top5 in the world 2-3 years ago, or ever.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/mamed-khalidov-the-ufcs-one-that-got-away

"Though Khalidov didn’t get into any specifics of the deal offered to him by UFC president Dana White and company, various reports at the time suggested Khalidov was offered a deal which would see him pocket $20,000 to show and a further $20,000 should he win—a contract worth considerably less than what he enjoyed with KSW, despite the promotion’s status as a regional show."

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/mamed-khalidov-the-ufcs-one-that-got-away

"Though Khalidov didn’t get into any specifics of the deal offered to him by UFC president Dana White and company, various reports at the time suggested Khalidov was offered a deal which would see him pocket $20,000 to show and a further $20,000 should he win—a contract worth considerably less than what he enjoyed with KSW, despite the promotion’s status as a regional show."
Why would anyone making more money than that would accept that offer? It's a shitty offer! Not to mention the offensive Reebok deal. I would tell the UFC to fuck off.

Why would anyone making more money than that would accept that offer? It's a shitty offer! Not to mention the offensive Reebok deal. I would tell the UFC to fuck off.

That was from years back and yes it was some what shitty at the time.

2. He's old

I don't see how that's proof If I'm taking steroids. Although I hope he does because anybody who doesn't take them are idiots.

UFC payouts have been looking nice lately. Hope he signs.

Think its rather a negotiation strategy from Khalidov. Can't believe that UFC is willing to pay that much for a pretty old fighter, that only in Poland and Russia is good marketable.And KSW 40 is at the same weekend as UFC Gdansk, him fighting in Gdansk would hurt KSW a lot. I dont see him doing that.

No judges giving him bs decisions would be the top reason.

h'd get wrecked in UFC, a 170er beat him in his last fight.

Boris is the man though
I actually hope UFC sign him

i feel like its a bit too late for that now. he should stay comfortable in KSW for the amount they pay him.

They are trying to get a better TV deal in Poland and Khalidov could be a way to do that, they didn't just sign Gokhan Saki for his MMA ability (he's 0-1) they see Turkey as a place to expand too.

They are trying to get a better TV deal in Poland and Khalidov could be a way to do that, they didn't just sign Gokhan Saki for his MMA ability (he's 0-1) they see Turkey as a place to expand too.

Saki should be fun regardless of how he does. It's going to be a finish for the better or worse.

can't see any reason why Mamed would want to take a massive paycut at this point in his career.

Maybe the recent pushback against muslims in Poland is causing him to rethink his place in that country and organization. I'm just speculating.

Back