UFC needs to do something about this

Cheese_&_mma_lover

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
when fighters have their opponents on queer street and then take them down. If you rock an opponent and use take down because you believe you can quickly apply a sub or GnP finish that is ok. But if you take down a rocked opponent and snuggle in their guard... something needs to be done about this.

Probably the WORSE form of stalling you can do in this sport.

you are not an actual FIGHTER if you do THIS!!! you are not even a MAN if you do THIS!!!

UFC needs to CUT jose aldo
UFC needs to CUT oralbi

These guys are not fighters.

Oh that's good. Not even a man was the best part.

Some people still seem to struggle to understand this is the sport of fighting, not a street fight for survival. Sometimes fighters choose to mitigate risk and take the safer route, it’s strategic. Yes, it can be frustrating to watch sometimes but again, it’s a sport.

Using hockey as an example, as it’s a sport I’m most familiar with, sometimes teams will choose to run out the clock making safe passes and playing keep away rather than attack for a goal. It’s not fun to watch, but it’s a safe strategic decision to get a win.

Imagine the world where that is a rule. A referee just stops the fight and resets the position, leaning the dazed fighter against the fence ever so delicately so he does not slump over. Then he motions for both fighters to back up, and reinitiates the action for a mortal kombat esque fatality.

The UFC can’t fix stupid. And it’s not their problem, either.

I still think the MOST egregious brain dead shit I ever saw was Soukhamthath vs O’Malley.

Down 20-18 starting the third round. Literally ONE more leg kick, and the ref would have stopped the fight. So Soukhamthath jumps into O’Malley’s guard. O’Malley could not stand on his own two legs. It still boggles my mind.

Really bad coaching by some teams. But a LOT of the time. They’ll be screaming at their fighter to stand up. It’s so fucking bizarre, imo.

None of that is the UFC’s problem. But they can cut you any time for any reason. I think Soukhamthath had 2, or 3 more UFC fights afterwards. But obviously some people are just not on the level I believe they should be at to fight in the UFC. I understand the quota, and why it’s necessary to have 700ish fighters on the roster. But some of them are not good, at all.

Has Na been cut yet. She’s on a 4 fight skid, and has zero UFC wins.

Yeah, Jose Aldo is not a fighter. Fucking christ only in this ass-sucking shit-hole can some keyboard pussy say shit like that about a guy like Aldo.

Feel free to show the entire world how it is done.

Yeah, Jose Aldo is not a fighter. Fucking christ only in this ass-sucking shit-hole can some keyboard pussy say shit like that about a guy like Aldo.

I think @Cheese_&_mma_lover should be banned for making this thread, and I am only a little bit joking.
It is a very, very, very bad thread.

Some people still seem to struggle to understand this is the sport of fighting, not a street fight for survival. Sometimes fighters choose to mitigate risk and take the safer route, it’s strategic. Yes, it can be frustrating to watch sometimes but again, it’s a sport.

Using hockey as an example, as it’s a sport I’m most familiar with, sometimes teams will choose to run out the clock making safe passes and playing keep away rather than attack for a goal. It’s not fun to watch, but it’s a safe strategic decision to get a win.
You shouldn't legitimize this garbage thread with a serious response. There is a respectful way to ask this question, and this thread is not that.

I think @Cheese_&_mma_lover should be banned for making this thread, and I am only a little bit joking.
It is a very, very, very bad thread.

I agree he should and I am not joking. I mean, MMA has some of the shittiest fans in sports. So many people here seem to exist only to shit talk on fighters yet claim to be fans. If you spend 25 hours a fucking day whining and crying about a sport you are not a fan. Go find something you enjoy and quit fucking it up for people who actually appreciate MMA.

MMA "fans" have been making NASCAR fans look like Nobel Prize candidates since 1993.

CUT jose aldo
giphy.gif

Yeah, legend of the sport returns and puts on a clinic against a much younger fighter but shot a takedown at the end. Better cut and condemn him. He’s not badass enough for me watching on my couch. MMA fans are the worst.

Yeah, legend of the sport returns and puts on a clinic against a much younger fighter but shot a takedown at the end. Better cut and condemn him. He’s not badass enough for me watching on my couch. MMA fans are the worst.
I actually want to fight him. TS, I mean, not Jose Aldo.

Back