UFC monopoly dies in 2024

Agreed, I wish it was RIZIN or ONE. They have superior ruleset and are a real "alternative" to the UFC. Bellator is just UFC lite with shit promotion and the PFL season "gimmick" has ran its course.
Yup, I don't care for Bellator or the PFL when compared to the other two. Bellator is super shit imo. Lol

Last edited:
Yup, I don't care for Bellator or the PFL compared with the other two. Bellator is super shit. Lol
Bellator has the best roster outside the UFC but incredibly shit at promoting the product, shit production, and even worse commentary. Drives tons of people away. If they are sold, I hope is from someone who puts them on the right direction.

Bellator has the best roster outside the UFC but incredibly shit at promoting the product, shit production, and even worse commentary. Drives tons of people away. If they are sold, I hope is from someone who puts them on the right direction.
100% Agree.

It’s all about money. Being content that’s buried on an over saturated streaming library for extremely low pay doesn’t make you formidable. Neither does doing 2 shows a year in the states in venues that hold 5-6k fans. Bellator and PFL have a massive edge over ONE as competitors to the UFC despite them both being kind of crap to watch. I’d rather watch RIZIN and other orgs personally but you’re the one being prissy. The thread is about someone taking market share from the UFC it’s definitely not ONE mma’s paper dragon. You’re making it about personal emotion as a fanboy of ONE that’s being prissy not objective. ONE’s brand power is laughable.
lol dude, you are way more emotional, i never resorted to a personal attack, you did. you project now. Bellator / PFL does not have a massive edge over ONE. No one watches them. ONE / Chatri are leading the way with their dominance in SEA and Amazon Prime / 200 million subscribers. You can't tell me i'm making it emotional, when all I'm doing is repeating the same facts. lol. Your take is laughable. TNT/TBS is laughable, DAZN/BEllator being a better deal is laughable, ONE being a regional act on Amazon Prime is laughable.

Uh, Akiyama is definitely a star dude, Netflix re-blew him up for sure. Everyone I mentioned is a star, and you know exactly who I am talking about. Weird. These are the fighters that will help propel ONE. Their Colorado event is just the beginning.
LMAO none of those guys are stars. Nobody is paying to watch them fight bums, old guys, or other no names. MM is the closest to a "star" and is barely a draw...and he is retiring already.

lol dude, you are way more emotional, i never resorted to a personal attack, you did. you project now. Bellator / PFL does not have a massive edge over ONE. No one watches them. ONE / Chatri are leading the way with their dominance in SEA and Amazon Prime / 200 million subscribers. You can't tell me i'm making it emotional, when all I'm doing is repeating the same facts. lol. Your take is laughable. TNT/TBS is laughable, DAZN/BEllator being a better deal is laughable, ONE being a regional act on Amazon Prime is laughable.

You’re parroting Chatri nonsense “ONE airs in 5 billion homes” means nothing they cannot monetize the product. Doesn’t matter how many subscribers Amazon has nobody is subbing for ONE and of that 200 million an extreme fraction of an extreme minority is tuning in to watch live, far less than even Bellator and PFL. Like saying a budget streaming only sitcom on Amazon buried in content benefits from 200 million subscribers. They don’t they would be better off with a linear tv deal and streaming combined (only the top content benefits). Calling an idiot an idiot isn’t being emotional, it’s being honest.

LMAO none of those guys are stars. Nobody is paying to watch them fight bums, old guys, or other no names. MM is the closest to a "star" and is barely a draw...and he is retiring already.

He’s either trolling or like pathetically obtuse. Nobody can be this dense.

Bellators MMA roster is infinitely better than ONE.

Christian Lee, DeRitter and a few others are cool but the roster is thin af. Aung La Nsang wouldn’t even be noteworthy in Bellator.

He’s either trolling or like pathetically obtuse. Nobody can be this dense.

Bellators MMA roster is infinitely better than ONE.

Christian Lee, DeRitter and a few others are cool but the roster is thin af. Aung La Nsang wouldn’t even be noteworthy in Bellator.
He might be Chatri just trolling.

He might be Chatri just trolling.

My favorite Chatri claim (and he has said so much ridiculous bullshit……. Is when Ariel asked if he ever met Sakakibara and if he would ever co-promote with RIZIN. Chatri tells a story about RIZIN champions going to Hawaii to challenge Christian Lee to gym fights and Christian Lee “absolutely tools them” and that the competition “is levels above RIZIN”. So he bases this anecdotal story as a basis to never compete against any RIZIN fighters. We all know this is bullshit and if they did co-promote RIZIN would make it competitive and win some. Chatri is so fucking insecure with other mma orgs and any criticism in general.

Last edited:
Jake Paul Nganou and Diaz together don't do 1.5 mils
Jake's rematch vs Woodley flopped
Nganou did 300 k vs Gane

Those Champs that you mentioned aren't mainstream stars

Yoel will be 47 by then

the UFC would need THREE PPV events to do 1.5M. the biggest PPV they've had all year is Jones vs Gane and that ONLY did 540K buys. The best they did last year, officially, was 400K, only twice out of 12-14 PPVs. NO ONE in the UFC sells PPVs anymore EXCEPT Mcgregor and that's based off what he did at the end of '21 - which was 1.8M vs Poirier. the UFC's success hinges on ESPN guaranteeing their 500K PPV sales per event. And if you've been paying attention, ESPN is not happy with last year's PPV draws. That's why you see Dana White doing "special" announcements for upcoming events and obvious moves to bypass legit matchups for more likely PPV sales like Jones vs Miocic and reigniting the BMF title with Gaethje vs Poirier 2. ESPN is not happy after last year, UFC sales have not improved this year, so who knows if they resign at the end of their extended contract in 2025.

the UFC would need THREE PPV events to do 1.5M. the biggest PPV they've had all year is Jones vs Gane and that ONLY did 540K buys. The best they did last year, officially, was 400K, only twice out of 12-14 PPVs. NO ONE in the UFC sells PPVs anymore EXCEPT Mcgregor and that's based off what he did at the end of '21 - which was 1.8M vs Poirier. the UFC's success hinges on ESPN guaranteeing their 500K PPV sales per event. And if you've been paying attention, ESPN is not happy with last year's PPV draws. That's why you see Dana White doing "special" announcements for upcoming events and obvious moves to bypass legit matchups for more likely PPV sales like Jones vs Miocic and reigniting the BMF title with Gaethje vs Poirier 2. ESPN is not happy after last year, UFC sales have not improved this year, so who knows if they resign at the end of their extended contract in 2025.

From what I've read they've kept the subscriber base that they paid for with ESPN+ which was the point of the deal really. If they lose the UFC then people will leave the service in droves to get whatever the UFC ends up on.

Eh, you don't know what you're talking about clearly. That is an uneducated statement.

You’re parroting Chatri nonsense “ONE airs in 5 billion homes” means nothing they cannot monetize the product. Doesn’t matter how many subscribers Amazon has nobody is subbing for ONE and of that 200 million an extreme fraction of an extreme minority is tuning in to watch live, far less than even Bellator and PFL. Like saying a budget streaming only sitcom on Amazon buried in content benefits from 200 million subscribers. They don’t they would be better off with a linear tv deal and streaming combined (only the top content benefits). Calling an idiot an idiot isn’t being emotional, it’s being honest.
if people watching from 200 million is an extreme fraction, then what it is from viewing TBS/TNT from 70 million? No, you are emotional and resort to name calling because you have no self control and get overly offended by an idea different from your own. lol. Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about.

if people watching from 200 million is an extreme fraction, then what it is from viewing TBS/TNT from 70 million? No, you are emotional and resort to name calling because you have no self control and get overly offended by an idea different from your own. lol. Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about.

Lol, these two thing don’t work quite the same.

Like who? Who is a bonafide star at ONE?

Truthfully, who cares? The cards are usually good. You really should check them out. Even if you only know a fighter or two, the end result is you being entertained.

There are so many good fighters in other organizations. We have a plethora of options. What a time to be alive as a MMA fan.

This has to mostly do with growth monetizing in the USA. To be a UFC competitor you have challenge them there.

Amazon Prime is in 76 million USA households and TBS/TNT is in 90 million. Primes household number doesn’t mean everyone watches it (like Hulu or Netflix) many people have Prime and don’t use the extra services it offers (they just use it for shopping). You’re really way off base here. ONE is on way more TV’s globally than the 200 million global Prime subscribers. Did you forget it’s like in 5 billion households in Asia according to Chatri? It was on YouTube which also is way more available……. You’re not a bright one. Linear TV allows more ad revenue and growth the Amazon deal is completely stagnant for 5 years. They’re not giving ONE a cent more. This thread is about who can challenge and ONE isn’t quite on the level of other orgs stateside that are attempting to do so.

Truthfully, who cares? The cards are usually good. You really should check them out. Even if you only know a fighter or two, the end result is you being entertained.

There are so many good fighters in other organizations. We have a plethora of options. What a time to be alive as a MMA fan.

He's one of the best posters in the worldwides , he definitely watches ONE lol.

Back