UFC-London's Brad Scott details money woes caused by scrapped fight – and it ain't pretty

it just seems too disingenuous to me. it's not like Din Thomas is Ariel Helwani or some guy who's never had a fight. he was a pro fighter for some years, he knows how it works.

Honestly, at this point Ariel has been doing more for fighter's rights than most people. He constantly gives a voice & platform & lots of coverage for anyone trying to get a union or association going, and he is always harping on how the fighters need to make better deals for themselves with more protections.

God damn, Reebok is sucking so much cash away from the fighters.

New fighters to the UFC get $2500 to $3500 per fight to begin. That is absolute chicken feed when you factor in what they have to pay in camp costs and everything else.

I don't get why there can't be a middleground where fighters default to the Reebok deal when they first join the UFC (but are atleast allowed to switch to their sponsors of choice shortly after joining,) or allow the fighters fall back on the Reebok deal when they have issues/contractual differences with their personally selected sponsors.

The way the UFC go about it now, it just leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth, and Reebok doesn't suit all the fighters personality/brand. When i think of Rampage Jackson, I don't think of Reebok, i think of Monster energy or some protein snack supplement company.

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that it's not "show" money. It's like "complete the contest" money.

Is that bullshit?

Din Thomas is on a tirade on twitter right now defending the UFC, saying stuff like 'well if I hired people to do my driveway, but then I changed my mind before they showed up, should I still have to pay them anyway?'

I would include the links, but I can't because I called him on it and he just blocked me, lol.
Company man.

Greedypotomus strikes again

WRiabjv.jpg
This shop is so fucking on point

Honestly, at this point Ariel has been doing more for fighter's rights than most people. He constantly gives a voice & platform & lots of coverage for anyone trying to get a union or association going, and he is always harping on how the fighters need to make better deals for themselves with more protections.

yeah, i didn't mean it that way. i meant it like, Din can't use ignorance as an excuse because he was a fighter/coach himself, while someone like Ariel could use the ignorance argument (still it would be weak because everyone knows how it works if you follow the sport closely enough)

yeah, i didn't mean it that way. i meant it like, Din can't use ignorance as an excuse because he was a fighter/coach himself, while someone like Ariel could use the ignorance argument (still it would be weak because everyone knows how it works if you follow the sport closely enough)

Ariel seems to know how it works more than a lot of the fighters, lol. He often asks some of them questions about contract protections during interviews that they don't know the answers to. Ariel is also good about saying the managers are the ones who also really need to step up their games.

Din Thomas is on a tirade on twitter right now defending the UFC, saying stuff like 'well if I hired people to do my driveway, but then I changed my mind before they showed up, should I still have to pay them anyway?'

I would include the links, but I can't because I called him on it and he just blocked me, lol.
Terrible analogy on Din's part. The driveway guys don't put in 8 weeks labor before they show up to do your driveway.

Edson Barboza will never be the same after facing Khabib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back