UFC keeps trying to feed Islam short notice fighters

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The UFC keeps attempting to book Islam against short notice fighters who are obviously at a disadvantage, and the guy only fights in countries where he has an advantage in rehydration. They booked him against fat untrained volk on short notice in the rematch, then they tried to book islam vs Arman 1 month notice. Are the UFC just trying to feed islam short notice, compromised fighters at a disadvantage to build up Islams resume?

He won the belt then literally fought 3 months later in Australia where they decided to shorten the re-hydration time given to fighters. It was the one and only time they did that. Never did it before, haven't done it since.

The UFC keeps attempting to book Islam against short notice fighters who are obviously at a disadvantage, and the guy only fights in countries where he has an advantage in rehydration. They booked him against fat untrained volk on short notice in the rematch, then they tried to book islam vs Arman 1 month notice. Are the UFC just trying to feed islam short notice, compromised fighters at a disadvantage to build up Islams resume?

you are full of shit.

he didn't get 'booked' against short notice volkanovski. Oliveira pulled out because he had a cut in his face. islam was willing to face anybody, including Volk....whom he already had broken his record winstreak on Volks home turf australia.

The Islam hate on sherdog is insane. it is probably alot of hatred from khabib as well

i don't think arman has anything for islam.

after ufc ironically the division is pretty much cleaned up for islam and he ahsn't defended the belt once against a lw.

He won the belt then literally fought 3 months later in Australia where they decided to shorten the re-hydration time given to fighters. It was the one and only time they did that. Never did it before, haven't done it since.
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story. The hater narratives surrounding this guy have gotten as ridiculous as they are copious. I’m not even a particularly big fan of his but have felt compelled to dispel some of the blatantly biased and inaccurate takes. You’d think he exclusively fights once every 2 years against unranked opponents on short notice exclusively in Abu Dhabi by how some of these schmucks tell it.

You left out that Charles had to turn around quickly after Gaethje for their title fight to occur in Abu Dhabi for Islam meanwhile Islam had been sitting out since February. Where he fought another short notice opponent in Green, which got him a title shot despite having never fought a top 5 LW when he got his title shot.

Then he only turned around so quickly (he's actually been fighting October/Feb for awhile) for Volk because Volk was a FW he himself called out. Fighting him sooner rather than later prevents him from bulking up properly to come up to LW which he's not used to.

Everybody knows Islam only fights when the advantages are in his favour.

You left out that Charles had to turn around quickly after Gaethje for their title fight to occur in Abu Dhabi for Islam meanwhile Islam had been sitting out since February. Where he fought another short notice opponent in Green, which got him a title shot despite having never fought a top 5 LW when he got his title shot.

Then he only turned around so quickly (he's actually been fighting October/Feb for awhile) for Volk because Volk was a FW he himself called out. Fighting him sooner rather than later prevents him from bulking up properly to come up to LW which he's not used to.

Everybody knows Islam only fights when the advantages are in his favour.
I didn't leave anything out. I didn't start the thread.

Islam cannot win in the eyes of his critics. After the first Volk fight they said he lost and would avoid a rematch at all costs, then he knocked Volk out in the first round. After that they claimed he cherrypicked a FW and he should’ve fought Poirier, well now he’s booked against Dustin and they are accusing him of avoiding the most deserving contender. All the while they’ve kept up this silly narrative that he’s avoiding a rematch with Oliveira despite Charles being the one that pulled out of their rematch.

They also preemptively started criticizing him because they just assumed he’d only fight once this year but now he’s book to fight in a couple months but they don’t like the matchup so they say he should wait till later in the year.

What exactly do you want from the guy?

Islams title reign is just an extra long yawn for me at this point. It's putting me to sleep, just wake me up when his mommy says he can't fight anymore.
I agree but I also think Edwards reign is even worse. Jones at HW also.

<EdgyBrah>

If it's short notice for Islam's opponent how is it not short notice for him just the same?
Cause they're never short notice for Islam...? He's always the one who has a full camp or has been sitting out for months.

Change of opponent is a hell of a lot less of an inconvenience than suddenly having an opponent at all when you previously weren't fighting.

Back