UFC is going to be as popular as Bart Vales shootfighting!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am sick of tippy toeing around what we want to say. Deep down we know UFC and MMA culture has become a joke. Prior to that, UFC/MMA culture had a certain charm which is gone and let me explain in simple way:

- WMMA sucks, no one likes to say this because its not PC but in reality, these girls do not have the speed/explosiveness of a lightweight fighter or the power/strength of a heavyweight. They on most parts are not very graceful in losing. If most women were like Ann Wolfe, I could respect female combat sports.

- Modern MMA fighters are the biggest diva on the planet. Compare to Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddle, they are bunch of soy boys. If they put the same effort in their training as they do in their twitter, they could probably become real life super saiyans.

- Focus is on money fights and not building up a division. Its more of a shift in value. I get making money is the nature of price fighting and its the most important aspect but its not like everyone is eating here. You have few guys making real money while others get shafted a proper pay day.

Please understand something, the reason MMA will fade in obscurity is because, the training is brutal. The Thai Kickboxing, the grappling is not easy on the body and I have met people in the MMA that mention how boxing training doesn't fuck peoples joint up. Remember, most of us became fans in the TUF 1 era aka TUF NOOBS. At that time we did not the know the effect of the damage MMA has on the human body and it really damages you and we need to compensate MMA fighters properly or they will become fighters in a different combat sports since Jujitsu/Kickboxing is also not cheap.

Cliffs:

-MMA training is brutal on the body and bank account

- Fighters in majority are not getting paid properly

- This will lead in to people no longer participating in the MMA

- Wrong values and the wrong incentives will not attract real skilled fighters or A+ athletes because they know their self-worth.

UFC is dead and Anthony Joshua and Wilder would fuck up the top 10 UFC Heavyweights at the same time.

Next question.

UFC payment has been increasing very fast in the last years and the number of MMA fighters is, obviously, higher than a decade ago, so i'm not sure you does have any valid point here..

Don't worry... Mayweather is training UFC. :eek:

I am sick of tippy toeing around what we want to say. Deep down we know UFC and MMA culture has become a joke. Prior to that, UFC/MMA culture had a certain charm which is gone and let me explain in simple way:

- WMMA sucks, no one likes to say this because its not PC but in reality, these girls do not have the speed/explosiveness of a lightweight fighter or the power/strength of a heavyweight. They on most parts are not very graceful in losing. If most women were like Ann Wolfe, I could respect female combat sports.

- Modern MMA fighters are the biggest diva on the planet. Compare to Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddle, they are bunch of soy boys. If they put the same effort in their training as they do in their twitter, they could probably become real life super saiyans.

- Focus is on money fights and not building up a division. Its more of a shift in value. I get making money is the nature of price fighting and its the most important aspect but its not like everyone is eating here. You have few guys making real money while others get shafted a proper pay day.

Please understand something, the reason MMA will fade in obscurity is because, the training is brutal. The Thai Kickboxing, the grappling is not easy on the body and I have met people in the MMA that mention how boxing training doesn't fuck peoples joint up. Remember, most of us became fans in the TUF 1 era aka TUF NOOBS. At that time we did not the know the effect of the damage MMA has on the human body and it really damages you and we need to compensate MMA fighters properly or they will become fighters in a different combat sports since Jujitsu/Kickboxing is also not cheap.

Cliffs:

-MMA training is brutal on the body and bank account

- Fighters in majority are not getting paid properly

- This will lead in to people no longer participating in the MMA

- Wrong values and the wrong incentives will not attract real skilled fighters or A+ athletes because they know their self-worth.
<DisgustingHHH>

MMA training seems cheap on paper. The gym that produced Eddie Wineland (new breed academy) is about 30 minutes from me and they charge $125 a month for admittance to any group class (BJJ, MT, or boxing). About $1300 a year. Middle and high school hockey clubs costs about $3000 in comparison. (Illinois schools don't offer hockey but each school has a club attached to it)

But to really up your skills you need to go to they're private sessions which is invite or paid separately. Now you're looking at about $100 an hour unless they offer you an invite. Now that will break the bank.

MMA training seems cheap on paper. The gym that produced Eddie Wineland (new breed academy) is about 30 minutes from me and they charge $125 a month for admittance to any group class.

But to really up your skills you need to go to they're private sessions which is invite or paid separately. Now you're looking at about $100 an hour unless they offer you an invite. Now that will break the bank.

so basically kadyrovs boys takeover in 3...2...1...

I think i might just hangout in the wasteland from now on. it seems like thats where all the best threads are

It is obvious MMA is a fringe "sport" who lost essentially all the hardcore fans.

It is completely different from what most of us 'signed' up for 10+ years ago.

I thank someone should go on a tv show and engage in a discussion with a zuffa schill and let him know ufc is dying and the stars that are around now are last ones because thwre won' be any new ones.

The novelty is gone. Aside from the odd fight MMA is pretty much dead. I wanted to believe Mike Perry would be the one to turn back the clock so to speak but it turns out he was just another bust.
Dave's improvements are underwhelming.
Connor has left the "sport
Ronda was a fraud and she also left "the sport
Pvz was a joke
Dj and Woodley are ducking fights
Anderson, machida, shogun are out of their prime and rumble is gone too. Hell even Nokia krylov left the ufc.

The rest of the guys that mattered already retired and are in the hall of fame

UFC needs more talented heavyweights. Whats up with all the little fighters filling every card??? Fedor would have crush the entire BW and FW divisions in one night.

UFC needs more talented heavyweights. Whats up with all the little fighters filling every card??? Fedor would have crush the entire BW and FW divisions in one night.

Any guy thats HW division weight and build is going to go to MMA as a last ditch resort. If they're smart (which they almost all are) they pursue American football, basketball, or anything else that gets you a decent paycheck and doesn't come with a fraction of the shit that comes with getting paid in MMA. That takes time and its not promised while he can be a bench warmer on a football team making $200k+ warming up the bench and never seeing a second of play time. Thats much better than crawling around the regional circuit making $560 and a 6 pack of Busch light, only to hope to make it to the UFC, and even then you can lose a fight now and get cut. Its not going to happen.

TLDR: No young, talented, and gifted HW size athlete is going to waste his time trying to pursue MMA over other sports.

Any guy thats HW division weight and build is going to go to MMA as a last ditch resort. If they're smart (which they almost all are) they pursue American football, basketball, or anything else that gets you a decent paycheck and doesn't come with a fraction of the shit that comes with getting paid in MMA. That takes time and its not promised while he can be a bench warmer on a football team making $200k+ warming up the bench and never seeing a second of play time. Thats much better than crawling around the regional circuit making $560 and a 6 pack of Busch light, only to hope to make it to the UFC, and even then you can lose a fight now and get cut. Its not going to happen.

TLDR: No young, talented, and gifted HW size athlete is going to waste his time trying to pursue MMA over other sports.

I get you pal, but that only applies to USA. UFC could grab top heavyweights from the rest of the world, but they prefer to spend money in monkey fighting.

Back