UFC has British talent now to put on a PPV in UK with all British fighters

I think the UFC should have Aspinall vs Blaydes in London, with Gane vs Pavlovich in Paris.

PPVs? Yeah, maybe, the UK one definitely has the strength and depth to deliver something dope. The time difference isn't even that big, I'm sure Americans could man up and tune in a few hours earlier.

If the UK card was:

Aspinall vs Blaydes II
MVP vs Wonderboy
Paddy vs Dober
CLD vs Pyfer
Mokaev vs Royval

That would be more than good enough for a PPV. Throw in Edwards to dispel any lingering doubts about the strength of the card.

Good FN card. I don't see that as a PPV though

Good FN card. I don't see that as a PPV though

Honestly, as a Brit, I would expect to pay for that card - I kinda lined up Americans to make it more palatable to the US audience - or tried to make it more palatable haha

There’s that little time zone thing, though.

Either you expect your North American ppv audience to pay to watch a ppv in the afternoon. Or you subject a live crowd into watching a fight in the middle of the night..

Most of you would have driven the UFC into bankruptcy a couple decades ago with brilliance of this level.

View attachment 1034368

Except that the UFC DOES host PPV events in odd places and subject the local audience in attendance to absurd times of night/morning, so this could certainly happen.

Aspinall has the potential to be the biggest MMA star ever in the UK imo.

Wish the UFC would do a big UK stadium show. A decently stacked card with the main UK names + a few solid international names would 100% fill up a stadium and the atmosphere would be wild.

Except that the UFC DOES host PPV events in odd places and subject the local audience in attendance to absurd times of night/morning, so this could certainly happen.
This. When they were in Perth last everyone was at the arena at like 7am. Not the worst thing I imagine britbong time would be hell.

Aspinall
Leon
Mokaev
Arnold
MVP
Leeroy Duncan
Murphy
Shore
Paddy
Craig

They have a show in Manchester in July....

Mokaev and Paddy are frauds who will lose bad soon. MVP doesnt have a long time and just made an impression styling on Holland. Leon is in danger of losing the title to Shavkat.

They have to strike soon.... There has never been this collection of British talent in UFC at one time before
Maybe the UFC can give Salt-Lake a great FN similar to the Austin card in December. Put Colby vs Garry on top, with a 5-round co-main of Yan vs Figgy. Turn the July 20th FN in a UK PPV.

Islam vs Poirier can headline 302. Then DDP vs Izzy for international fight week. 304 in Perth can be Ilia/Volk or Jones/Stipe.

Tom vs Blaydes 2
Leon vs Belal 2
Shavkat vs MVP*
Paddy vs Gordon 2
Royval vs Mokaev

* #1 contender fight w/ JDM out

Either you expect your North American ppv audience to pay to watch a ppv in the afternoon. Or you subject a live crowd into watching a fight in the middle of the night..

Most of you would have driven the UFC into bankruptcy a couple decades ago with brilliance of this level.

View attachment 1034368
The UK is a big enough market to sell PPV's independent of North America, and people in North America do buy UK PPVs.

The UK seems to be a hotbed for MMA talent now. Also a big market for combat sports where live events sell out in minutes. If I was baldie then I'd put three events on a year here. Two in London and one in a northern city such as Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds or Newcastle.

giphy.gif

View attachment 1034368

I’d happily watch a live event main card at 3am. I it’s what I’m doing at home anyway. Lol
Personally I wouldn’t want it full of UK fighters though. I’d want a typical T Mobile Arena type card.

New arena in Manchester

I have all the sauces

Do you think both Leon and Aspinall will be on this card?

The interview, he only mentioned Aspinall to begin with which made me think they're just going to have Aspinall headline and not much beneath. And then he mentions that he has 2 UK champs but it seemed like Leon was a complete afterthought. But then again, why mention Leon at all if he's not gonna be on the card.

If he could give us

Apsinall
Leon
MVP
Allen
Paddy

That's a sick card.

The problem UFC has if they just have Aspinall headline with no other title fight, is if Aspinall gets injured they're going to be left with one of the weakest PPV cards of all time with no big fight on the card.

Give us 2 title fights Dana.

Talents that would make people from irrelevant countries jealous af

Back