UFC had Conor and Ronda at their peaks in 2014-2016. UFC will never catch lightning like that again

I don’t see someone breaking Conor’s PPV numbers anytime soon.
Everything gets surpassed eventually... Rihanna outsold the Beatles, Fury vs Wilder 3 was bigger than The Thriller In Manilla, and Cristiano scored more goals than the real Ronaldo + gets paid more... And so on...

It won't happen for a while, but it will happen again.

I'm not sure if WMMA will ever see another Ronda. Her rise to the top was "under the right circumstances", and that time has passed. WMMA has gotten much better in terms of the overall skillset, and the newness is also fading.

Amanda, by all accounts, should have been huge. Twice as dominant, slayed Ronda, slayed Cyborg, lesbian, spoke decent English. No one cared because the world was still nursing a Ronda hangover, and probably will be for the next 10-15 years.

Maybe if a super hot instathot starts murking everyone and cutting WWE style promos about beating up all the ugly chicks, we might have something.

I was just thinking today how insane it was for the UFC from 2014-2016. They caught the proverbial lightning in the bottle. They had Conor and Ronda hitting their peaks at the same time and both became the biggest MMA stars ever at roughly the same time. I don't think people fully appreciate just how monumental that run was for the UFC. If you really think about, it was on the strength of Conor and Ronda that the UFC was able to sell to WME in 2016 for $4 billion. I dont think the UFC will ever reach that level of mainstream appeal again. To have the two biggest stars ever in the sport just randomly appear at the same time and hit their stride together is pretty crazy.

Naw UFC was fine before then and will be more then fine without them ..

They make close to 90% of the revenue lol.

With that kind of cut .. lightning is not necessary

You children didn't experience the UFC golden age. lol, it certainly wasn't Conor and Rousey.

Someone else will catch on. Ronda was always trash and her fame seemed kinda astroturfed. Most people didn't give a shit about her.

Conor won't be back (alcohol destroyed his career) but I guarantee you someone else will move the needle as much as he did or even more.

I doubt that. You can include all time boxing Ppv and Conor is at the top. For ufc it’s pretty much his fights. Other than Brock and ronda
And people don’t buy Ppv like they used too.

In 2013 the UFC lost GSP and Silva as champions and people talked about how screwed they were.

Things always happen. Stars get made, then fall off/retire. People like that never truly get replaced but there will always be new stars to rise up and appeal to fans in a different way.

who have been the big stars in the ufc the last few years? Diaz and masvidal?

Sure they will, they are fully investing in fucking bullshit pro wrestling style entertainment, they will have dozens for decades to come.

Someone else will catch on. Ronda was always trash and her fame seemed kinda astroturfed. Most people didn't give a shit about her.

Conor won't be back (alcohol destroyed his career) but I guarantee you someone else will move the needle as much as he did or even more.
Yeah you let me know when another female fighter sells 1 million plus PPVs lol

Conor has massive holes in his repertoire. Before long there will be a guy who comes along who does it all, talks well but also has a complete mma game

CM Punk + Artem Lobov were also in UFC lighting it on fire in 2016. Golden Age.

Lol no, you can't fake that level of popularity. Every woman in my life knew who Ronda was. Every finish was going viral. Million dollar buy ppvs don't lie. They put far more effort into promoting Conor. Remember the world tour? If the UFC were capable of faking popularity like that we would have had another female star by now.

I'm not sure if WMMA will ever see another Ronda. Her rise to the top was "under the right circumstances", and that time has passed. WMMA has gotten much better in terms of the overall skillset, and the newness is also fading.

Amanda, by all accounts, should have been huge. Twice as dominant, slayed Ronda, slayed Cyborg, lesbian, spoke decent English. No one cared because the world was still nursing a Ronda hangover, and probably will be for the next 10-15 years.

Maybe if a super hot instathot starts murking everyone and cutting WWE style promos about beating up all the ugly chicks, we might have something.

Amanda didn't end fights quick like Ronda did. None of Ronda's wins went to decision.

And yet they’re still making record profits despite not having those 2 fighting.

Back