UFC FN 194 PBP/Discussion

Judges are more likely to score grappling domination 10-8s than striking domination for some reason. I think it will be a 10-8 Dern.

Need one more round for Dern, but doesn't look like its going to happen.

What a weird fight. Marina too shitty to finish. Dern too gassed and unskilled in wrestling to do her game.

All that time with parillo and still no hands?

Smh.

had to watch my son during this fight and he turned off my computer when dern had her down in rd 2.

I was scrambling and missed my opportunity to hedge Rodriguez +600

lost a bunch of money on that fight

48-46 Rodriguez. Can't believe it went long, but Rodriguez was tentative and fought smart. Dern has a great chin, but her cardio is still weak.

EDIT: Not one 10-8? MMA judging, smh.

I8FqeDs.jpg

For the folks calling for a 10-8 from round 2, it's important to remember that unified rules call for damage / impact as the chief component. Were there any impactful/damaging submission attempts from Dern in that round? Fightmetric has only one submission attempt, and arguably Rodriguez's was the closest of the round. Further Dern only landed ten strikes in the round.

Got Rodriguez @ +275 after round 2, saw Dern @ -500 at one point. Totally ridiculous, I think most here know the longer this fight went the more it favored Rodrigiez. Not surprised in the least that Dern had minimal grappling success after round 2. Gonna have to round her skillset out big time if she wants to have success vs the top 5.

Last edited:
Won every event this week. Was up 8 units on the card before the dern fight

comically losing every big bet I make and tonight was just icing on the cake. I could barely watch the fight. Little man decided he was going to turn on my ps5, turn the receiver dials to different inputs, touch everything I told him not to.
I’m so pissed right now, that was an easy hedge at +600

I had dern ml and her closing out several parlays

Got Rodriguez @ +275 after round 2, saw Dern @ -500 at one point. Totally ridiculous, I think most here know the longer this fight went the more it favored Rodrigiez. Not surprised in the least that Dern had minimal grappling success in round 2. Gonna have to round her skillset out big time if she wants to have success vs the top 5.

How were you not surprised at Dern failing to get the tap in 2? She almost had a weird armbar with her legs and the reverse crucifix was very tight; Rodriguez isn't a black belt either. I was surprised it didn't end there and the positions and how it got to the ground were really weird. I thought that fight had very strange grappling in the clinch and on the ground and the way it played out early was very hard to predict. I never would have thought Rodriguez would lock up the arm like that to keep it standing, but I have very little wrestling experience. Dern's cardio failing and Rodriguez taking over with strikes weren't surprising to me and were easy to predict.

comically losing every big bet I make and tonight was just icing on the cake. I could barely watch the fight. Little man decided he was going to turn on my ps5, turn the receiver dials to different inputs, touch everything I told him not to.

You'll get it back.

Don't bet on wmma

How were you not surprised at Dern failing to get the tap in 2? She almost had a weird armbar with her legs and the reverse crucifix was very tight; Rodriguez isn't a black belt either. I was surprised it didn't end there and the positions and how it got to the ground were really weird. I thought that fight had very strange grappling in the clinch and on the ground and the way it played out early was very hard to predict. I never would have thought Rodriguez would lock up the arm like that to keep it standing, but I have very little wrestling experience. Dern's cardio failing and Rodriguez taking over with strikes weren't surprising to me and were easy to predict.

I'll edit my post, I meant I wasn't surprised with the lack of success after round 2. Didn't trust her takedown ability & gas tank as each round progressed.

this was my concern

@mkess101

I'm at the Brewer game so missed the fight. Will have to watch later. Sounds like Dern had Mount and Rodriguez nowjere to go at the end of Rd 2 but Dern just ran out of time?

Back