UFC Fighters Seem To Like It More In Bellator

Well no shit,big fish small pond,its probably really nice to stand out much easier than bein in a promotion where everyones a goddamned murdering savage killer who you dropped 3 straight to.

Besides Bader and Rory, who has had much success in Bellator? Roy tonight? Kongo with his boring ass wins? Meathead maybe?

Sergei got slept, even Fedor. Even Larkin tonight (broke my heart) Is Bellator the elite organization?<Fedor23>Some Bellator cards are fantastic though

Well I'd imagine it's less stressful having to deal with the popularity contest in the UFC and the Reebok deal as well like someone said above. You get to have individuality in Bellator, get to have sponsors, get to have unique entrances and antics.

Imagine a decent opponent.

Like Nate Diaz? Frankie Edgar? Donald Cerrone? Are they decent enough?

Larkin and Bendo don't seem to be having that much fun.

Besides Bader and Rory, who has had much success in Bellator? Roy tonight? Kongo with his boring ass wins? Meathead maybe?

Sergei got slept, even Fedor. Even Larkin tonight (broke my heart) Is Bellator the elite organization?<Fedor23>Some Bellator cards are fantastic though
Meathead and Kongo are both in titleshot talks, that's seems like sucess to me, can you imagine Kongo fighting Stipe?

They like whoever is paying their current salary. duh!

1: they are willing to pay the fighters the same as the UFC was or more

2: you can wear whatever shorts you want (this means you're making sponsorship money, which can be very good)

3: their code of conduct and contractual obligations are probably not as strict, so the fighters have a lot more freedom

4: they are owned by Viacom so there's a ton of advertising going around and that can get you noticed. The UFC seems to only give certain fighters the spotlight

3 is probably a big deal for guys who were with the UFC for a long time.

Also Big Country went from a flat footed punching bag against Volkov to a 3 rounder constant takedown machine tonight in Bellator...

The miracle of science turned Roy Nelson into Roid Nelson.
Are you saying Roy Nelson takes steroids now that he is Bellator?

Fighters that lose in Bellator
(Coker) keep your chin up you looked great out there. Great fight.

Fighters that win in UFC
(Dana) so and so fighter looked like garbage.
Coker is a respectful guy, Dana is a douche

Also Big Country went from a flat footed punching bag against Volkov to a 3 rounder constant takedown machine tonight in Bellator...

The miracle of science turned Roy Nelson into Roid Nelson.
It's since Roy bothered to use his pretty advanced takedown and ground games.

The grass is always greener.Almost everyone praises a new org/job when they go to it only to have problems later.At the same time I don't doubt Bellator treats their fighters a little better but we have also seen plenty of fighters have huge problems with Bellator.

The fighters that have a name from being in UFC they certainly try to

But tell the fighters on the prelim that have to sell tickets to be on a card & get $2k that they are treated better
;)

Because they'll sell the same number of PPVs.
The UFC aren't stupid, they have the opportunity to match any Bellator offer but chose not to.

It's not down to how good they are, it's whether they have a fanbase who will leave with them.

But I don't see why risk it. Your biggest asset is you have the best fighters, why lose guys that are top 10, even top 5 in the world because you don't want to pay them another five digits a fight when they are only getting pennies on the dollar regardless?

I really enjoyed Bellator last night it reminded me of what the UFC use to be sponsor plastered trunks unfurling banners in your corner and fighters going hard (most of them)

But I don't see why risk it. Your biggest asset is you have the best fighters, why lose guys that are top 10, even top 5 in the world because you don't want to pay them another five digits a fight when they are only getting pennies on the dollar regardless?
Because you think your rival will overpay and subsequently burden themselves with a contract they won't be able to make money off.

As a fan I hate the fact that MacDonald and Mousasi left, but I can still see some logic in it from the UFC's point of view.

Back