UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Nascimento

Well obviously now Aspinall will win. Yes, Tom is a little faster and has better boxing. But he’s not a better striker. Aspinall’s striking looks good because of the grappling threat. Despaigne is more dynamic and flexible. His reach is much longer than Aspinall. He also has way more star potential.

Im glad you agree that Salsa Boy is not a competitive fight. There are people who are picking Cortes because he’s more proven. The matchmakers and oddsmakers know the reality

I mean, that's MMA really. Your striking can make your grappling look better, and vice versa. The guys who can blend them and make opponents guess are often the best in the world. GSP was kind of the pioneer of that. Came up a striker, made himself a world class grappler...boom. Robelis will need to make massive leaps with his grappling to compete with someone like Aspinall.

But yeah, I don't think Salsa Boy is that guy. Robelis should take him out with simply a huge athletic edge. Speed, power, aggression. If Waldo survives early it will get interesting of course but I don't see that as likely.

I mean, that's MMA really. Your striking can make your grappling look better, and vice versa. The guys who can blend them and make opponents guess are often the best in the world. GSP was kind of the pioneer of that. Came up a striker, made himself a world class grappler...boom. Robelis will need to make massive leaps with his grappling to compete with someone like Aspinall.

But yeah, I don't think Salsa Boy is that guy. Robelis should take him out with simply a huge athletic edge. Speed, power, aggression. If Waldo survives early it will get interesting of course but I don't see that as likely.

Pavlovich landed first on Aspinall’s chin. That punch connected clean. Tom is lucky that Sergei doesn’t have one shot knockout power. He is more of a TKO guy. He also let him off the hook. Arlovski did the same. Robelis wouldve knocked him out. His power is greater and his reach is longer. Pavlovich movement is stiff and his striking is very limited. Aspinall has defensive flaws in his striking. It wasn’t like a counter or something. Blaydes also was able to land in that 15 second fight.

I know this may seem like a pointless fantasy fight analysis. But I see Despaigne as the real deal. I just don’t see it in Aspinall. There is something off about him

Pavlovich landed first on Aspinall’s chin. That punch connected clean. Tom is lucky that Sergei doesn’t have one shot knockout power. He is more of a TKO guy. He also let him off the hook. Arlovski did the same. Robelis wouldve knocked him out. His power is greater and his reach is longer. Pavlovich movement is stiff and his striking is very limited. Aspinall has defensive flaws in his striking. It wasn’t like a counter or something. Blaydes also was able to land in that 15 second fight.

I know this may seem like a pointless fantasy fight analysis. But I see Despaigne as the real deal. I just don’t see it in Aspinall. There is something off about him

Maaan...I can't agree at all. Pavlovich has plenty of power. The TKO's aren't cumulative damage TKO's. He puts guys on wobbly legs or drops them then tees off. Tom has a good chin is what I've seen. Blaydes didn't really land anything clean though.

I agree Pavlovich isn't as dynamic or fast as Robelis. But there's a ton more to MMA than just those things.

And TBH, like I said it's MMA and not kickboxing. Aspinall likely would take the path of least resistance and just take Robelis down and sub him quickly imo. No risk in that, unlike standing where Robelis can put anyone away if he lands.

Credentials and ability in mma are 2 very different things. Tkd is also not the most successful martial art in mma. We’ve seen plenty of ncaa and Olympic wrestlers get tossed around in mma by people with no credentials. Robelis is a fun prospect but we haven’t seen much yet. Dude fights super recklessly. 1 takedown could completely change the public’s perception of him.

Credentials and ability in mma are 2 very different things. Tkd is also not the most successful martial art in mma. We’ve seen plenty of ncaa and Olympic wrestlers get tossed around in mma by people with no credentials. Robelis is a fun prospect but we haven’t seen much yet. Dude fights super recklessly. 1 takedown could completely change the public’s perception of him.

Yeah imo his TKD creds don't mean all that much. His attributes are speed, power, and aggression with his striking. At HW, that can definitely carry you quite far. But he will need to round out his game a lot to really make a run at being elite.

Lol Arlovski wasn’t “piecing” Aspinall up.

Lol Arlovski wasn’t “piecing” Aspinall up.
I dont want to talk about him anymore. I want to talk about Nursulton Ruziboev ceiling and potential. Many people call him a fraud as well. I think for sure he’s a top 5 talent

I dont want to talk about him anymore. I want to talk about Nursulton Ruziboev ceiling and potential. Many people call him a fraud as well. I think for sure he’s a top 5 talent

IDK about that, but I know I like him as a dog vs Buckley.

Rebecki's line is getting out of control.

Woodson definitely belongs in the featherweight division. Caceres usually outpoints his opponents with quick in and out movements, but against Woodson, who is surgically precise from boxing distance, that will not work.

Woodson definitely belongs in the featherweight division. Caceres usually outpoints his opponents with quick in and out movements, but against Woodson, who is surgically precise from boxing distance, that will not work.

I predict a boring sparring match.

Esteban isn't a bad fighter, far from it, and he took the best shots of Loik who has similar punching power to McKinney.

McKinney can put anyone away in the first round but he is R1 or bust imo. I think the most likely outcome is Esteban putting McKinney away in the second round after experiencing some adversity in the first.

JJ lost to Sabina Mazo who is similar to Hardy but significantly slower. The speed and combos of Lipski gave Aldrich a lot of trouble and I expect a similar result here. Hardy is not as fast as Lipski but its similar.

Hardy has spotty conditioning though so I expect JJ to win the third round at a high clip but skillswise she doesn't do anything better than Hardy while both are fresh so I expect JJ to lose the first two rounds and thus the fight.
Maso is bigger and had a 70 reach.

lipski also is one of those wmma with a mt background. I believe Mazo also did kickboxing at one point.

I dont get the impression that Hardy has a good striking game here like those girls.

edging Horth has a lot to do with her clinch heavy style and majority her strikes are in the clinch. and beating Miller who is awful on the feet. id take jj on the fact she beat Gillian and Montana who are better than Horth and Miller.

Maso is bigger and had a 70 reach.

lipski also is one of those wmma with a mt background. I believe Mazo also did kickboxing at one point.

I dont get the impression that Hardy has a good striking game here like those girls.

edging Horth has a lot to do with her clinch heavy style and majority her strikes are in the clinch. and beating Miller who is awful on the feet. id take jj on the fact she beat Gillian and Montana who are better than Horth and Miller.

JJ's ability to beat two grapplers (Gillian & Montana), who have no striking, has nothing to do with how she matches up with a striker like Veronica Hardy.

It's a close fight because Hardy tends to fade in the third round but skillswise JJ doesn't do anything better than Hardy imo.

The fight is accurately lined.

JJ's ability to beat two grapplers (Gillian & Montana), who have no striking, has nothing to do with how she matches up with a striker like Veronica Hardy.

It's a close fight because Hardy tends to fade in the third round but skillswise JJ doesn't do anything better than Hardy imo.

The fight is accurately lined.
yes jj has better hands. She dropped Barber with a stiff right and she has an effective jab. Hardy and JJ have a tkd background, but id say Hardy has the better kick and the faster strikes, Aldrich has better power and experience, with a decent clinch game to push Hardy back and stall time. i didn’t play JJ , just on a fantasy lineup but Hardy as a favorite seems worthless.

I know Ulberg has a lot of hype. But Menifield has looked very good his last few fights. I think he is a very live dog nearing +300

Ricci
Woodson
Ulberg

All to win by decision 15/1

Despaigne rd 1 ko
Nascimento by sub

8/1 double

I know Ulberg has a lot of hype. But Menifield has looked very good his last few fights. I think he is a very live dog nearing +300
He's definitely the side at current odds, but the Jacoby fight was a bad look despite the win imo. Feel like Ulberg will be ahead unless he gets caught, and knowing that Carlos is more than capable of putting on a stinker if it means winning, I don't know if Alonzo will be finding the openings he did against Dustin.

Borshev another bet I added. Very confident

•Hooper has bad takedown offense

•Borshev trains at Team Alpha Male (historically the best takedown defense camp)

•Borshev showed improving TDD in his last fight

•Borshev massive striking edge. We are in the striking era of UFC. The grappling era ended

Back