UFC Fight Night 127: Werdum vs. Volkov Main Event PBP Discussion - 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

f_3748038081375444138.jpg

^^^^^This guy would easily win UFC title.^^^^^
well after or before usada :p

It was a good run but sometimes a fighter can seem to get old overnight. Being 40 going on 41 it's not a surprise. More of a surprise that he seemed to hang onto most of his abilities this long. I wouldn't say he's toast but the days of Werdum being a perennial top 3-5 HW have to be over IMO.

Volkov's reach did play a big role in limiting the success Werdum usually finds in the striking. But his striking also did look noticeably slower and weaker than just like a year or less ago. Sometimes speed just suddenly leaves an athlete.

Karma horse.

He should have stuck to picking fights with men half his size.

wow werdum looked absolutely terrible

He looked really slow and chubby, I think age has caught up to Fabricio. Still one of the best of all time but his time at the very top has come to an end I believe.

first time ive seen volkov, he seems legit, like the real deal his height and reach will cause any and everyone a problem

not really. I think his TDD is mediocre at best and he would be ragdolled by anyone with the gameplan of taking him and keeping him there (Blaydes, Cain, Stipe, even Alistair).

Werdum has been around a long time and has some of the best jujitsu to ever grace the octagon

Why the fuck has he never worked on his take downs? Can’t stand watching him sit there begging his opponent to get in his guard every two minutes

Has many holes in his game, especially standing, horse.

Lol at all the euro fans
First two rds Werdum winning
“This fight boring horrible fight”

Volkov weak ass gets a two victory over old ass Werdum cuz exhausted
“ oh wow great fight Volkov a beast”
Hahahaha

Am I the only one that thinks Volkov is just way too skinny for hw? I think most stocky brawlers with a decent chin will fold him like lawn chair in no time.
He weighed in at 246, he used to be like 220 lol

He weighed in at 246, he used to be like 220 lol
He kinda reminds me of Struve, they're just too damn lanky. I guess they also fail to use a jab correctly, so they have that in common as well lol

He kinda reminds me of Struve, they're just too damn lanky. I guess they also fail to use a jab correctly, so they have that in common as well lol
Yeah he looked freakishly tall at the weight in lol, yes 6'7 is very tall but he looked weird :D

Back