UFC does not promote stars, but annoying fighters

What does this mean ?

I get hulked up when I think about how promoters always try to convince us it's a sport when they are constantly terraryzin the legitimacy w/ freakshow fights, like Colin vs Habibi.

-Realistically, you do have to promote yourself in MMA, that's just how it goes.

-Literally, on the other hand, promoting is done by promoters or the promotion. It's so insane that when you have someone who is a really good fighter, people constantly harp on the idea that the "promotion shouldn't be doing the promotion."

Realism works cuz of several kinds of retard

I get hulked up when I think about how promoters always try to convince us it's a sport when they are constantly terraryzin the legitimacy w/ freakshow fights, like Colin vs Habibi.

I don't have an issue with Conor khabib, vacated champ vs champ.

Things like Cody rematching tj after getting stopped but tj loses a SD to Cruz and no rematch despite a longer reign.

And they're trying to push OMalley also, he'll be on the 229 main card.I have no interest in seeing this guy fight. More interested in guys like Wand or Maia..

How is being overrated a form of promotion?
I like how being overrated (subjective) and speaking on racism are being used to promote fighters in the OP universe, and are the same as flashing cars and playing a bigoted character, which makes absolutely no goddamn sense. America is full of morons who can’t articulate for shit, but they’re frustrated about something, so they throw all kinds of disparate shit together to vent their frustration.

For a bunch of so called fight fans you guys really are crybabies.

It's easy just to watch the fights.

If you don't want to watch the press conferences or interviews/promos/build ups...don't.

A Fight Promoter promotes fights & does so to make money
It is not any fight promoters job to run 600 fighters social media & have them build their own brand.
That is on the fighter

A concert promoter job is to promote concerts that make money.
They don't book the best musician over Britney Spears who lip-syncs & has a backing band playing to a track.
There job is to fill the venue with who the public cares to spend money on.

It is 2018 & any fighter that is not building his brand in any MMA org (or Boxing) is killing themselves financially.
I love Stipe, but telling Rogan he hates to do the press leading up to his fight & then getting mad that he isn't paid more makes no sense.

It might be altruistic in a way to think "all I should do is fight", but that is not reality in most businesses.

Now I am not saying that UFC currently does a great job promoting fights. I don't believe that at all & feel WME has dropped the ball on what they could do with getting fighters on talk shows (with their pull)

But a fighter who is in Prize Fighting & wants more money, should do everything they can to promote their brand & that does not mean "trash talk".
It means social media engagement, media, appearances, etc.
Faber, Cerrone, Tate were all excellent at that & made themselves more valuable & more money

and leaving really good fighters silent: Whittaker, Gus, Volkov, Stipe; they had Mousasi, Rory, Rumble...

Promotion like teaching, is a two-way street. You can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn and you can't promote someone who doesn't want to put in the work to promote themselves. Can the UFC do a better job at promoting fighters? Of course, always. But do the fighters themselves need to take responsibility in building their own brand on the UFC platform? 100%.

Stipe doesn't even want to try, straight up says he doesn't want to be famous and that it's the UFC's job to promote him, that's like a student saying he doesn't want to be educated, and blames the teacher for not teaching him right. Completely delusional way of thinking, and that's why the minute he loses the belt, he loses all his leverage. These fighters need to take classes from Chael Sonnen.

Promotion like teaching, is a two-way street. You can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn and you can't promote someone who doesn't want to put in the work to promote themselves. Can the UFC do a better job at promoting fighters? Of course, always. But do the fighters themselves need to take responsibility in building their own brand on the UFC platform? 100%.

Stipe doesn't even want to try, straight up says he doesn't want to be famous and that it's the UFC's job to promote him, that's like a student saying he doesn't want to be educated, and blames the teacher for not teaching him right. Completely delusional way of thinking, and that's why the minute he loses the belt, he loses all his leverage. These fighters need to take classes from Chael Sonnen.

Excellent post
But I would have left out the Sonnen part
Mainly because some will read into that as "trash talking" only
I cringe listening to CS tell stories on his podcast because he is full of shit more times than not (lol), but the man does know prize fighting in/out of the ring/octagon

UFC promotes fighters people like to see fight. That simple.

I blame the fans.

You don't blame your customers for your product not selling, that's a one way ticket to bankruptcy; you figure out how you can improve your product to meet the customers' needs. That's how you succeed at business.

Fighters who bitch about "the state of MMA and its fanbase today blah blah" are the ones who stay bitter and never come close to maximizing their market value.

I cringe listening to CS tell stories on his podcast because he is full of shit more times than not (lol), but the man does know prize fighting in/out of the ring/octagon

Look at his numbers on those rando YouTube videos that he puts almost no production into and just spews straight up nonsense. Dude's killing it, you don't have to like Chael, but you have to recognize his game.

Look at his numbers on those rando YouTube videos that he puts almost no production into and just spews straight up nonsense. Dude's killing it, you don't have to like Chael, but you have to recognize his game.

I agree
But with CS, you have to be blunt with what you are crediting him for/with
Because he is all over the place
But the guy knows how to get attention
I just trust him less than even Dana

You don't blame your customers for your product not selling, that's a one way ticket to bankruptcy; you figure out how you can improve your product to meet the customers' needs. That's how you succeed at business.

Fighters who bitch about "the state of MMA and its fanbase today blah blah" are the ones who stay bitter and never come close to maximizing their market value.

This is what i picture when you post bro.
PlaintiveRecklessBarnswallow-small.gif
At least when you post seriously.

All those fighters were promoted big time.

Try looking how much sherdog created threads on Conor, Sage and Perry before they became main card staples and then compare that to how the UFC featured them after

Blame the fans.

Back