UFC Apex: Tuivasa vs. Tybura, March 16, Saturday, 6 pm eastern

The volume though is not in the same stratosphere, its 2.68<13.6 significant strikes a minute, no fighter can win a fight by decision if they are being outlanded by 4-5x and I definitely wouldn't pay chalk to find out. In Silva's LFA fights he was throwing in similar numbers the Pacheco fight isn't a one-off.

If you look at Murphy's stats, nobody is landing on him at a high clip though.

FYI

GM3 sub prop on DK is +110
GM3 by finish is -105

I think i got my point across , deleted my
last post cuz i don’t wanna beef with yall

I just dont see an argument with Silva. the technique is not there.

Pacheco struggled to put this guy away

pacheco from amateur to pro has 5 kos in 17 fights. his punches have no snap or speed to them. Danny still looked hurt throughout the fight and got backed up.

Calibao has decent snap, i saw him hit murphy with real bombs that made force grappling, Josh does have adequate power to drop Danny, Im not impressed with his chin, remember its the shots you dont see that gets you.

Maybe. I watched that fight though and a lot of guys would wilt due to sheer attrition and the damage piling up. Not that Pacheco has massive power, but simply landing THAT many solid shots on anyone will take a massive toll. To where plenty of guys just fold. Danny was backed up a few times but always came back with even more offense.

The only play I'm making is Danny sig strikes handicap of +2.5 (was 4.5 and I missed it). Even if Josh wins, I think Danny can easily outland him. He just throws way more volume.

Maybe. I watched that fight though and a lot of guys would wilt due to sheer attrition and the damage piling up. Not that Pacheco has massive power, but simply landing THAT many solid shots on anyone will take a massive toll. To where plenty of guys just fold. Danny was backed up a few times but always came back with even more offense.

The only play I'm making is Danny sig strikes handicap of +2.5 (was 4.5 and I missed it). Even if Josh wins, I think Danny can easily outland him. He just throws way more volume.
when guys make a big leap in competition, a early round loss happens more often.

His high ss was due to being put in a rockem sockem style fight. Josh moves a lot, he’s constantly looking for corners. i don’t expect Danny too touch him often, you’re not accounting for the grappling ctrl that Josh is capable here.

Around his fight with Canaan 49:17

he got grounded with ease and ctrl and was put in a rear naked position, Josh is well within range to choke him like he did melsik

when guys make a big leap in competition, a early round loss happens more often.

His high ss was due to being put in a rockem sockem style fight. Josh moves a lot, he’s constantly looking for corners. i don’t expect Danny too touch him often, you’re not accounting for the grappling ctrl that Josh is capable here.

he got grounded with ease and ctrl and was put in a rear naked position, Josh is well within range to choke him like he did melsik

I'm not gonna bet Danny to win, I just think he's gonna land more sig strikes. He just throws way, way more. Even if he gets grounded and subbed, I think he lands more while standing first. Josh can even win the standing exchanges by landing the better shots, I'm just pretty confident that Danny will land more. He just throws nonstop and some are gonna land by pure luck alone. Leg kicks etc.

Silva's SS count is high in every single one of his fights.

You would know this if you researched fights by watching fight footage instead of wikicapping.

If Culibao can take Silva's back then he may be in trouble but its not an inevitability that a fighter who is 0/13 on takedowns is going to take Silva down.

Silva may be the better wrestler.

You would know this if you researched fights by watching fight footage instead of wikicapping.

If Culibao can take Silva's back then he may be in trouble but its not an inevitability that a fighter who is 0/13 on takedowns is going to take Silva down.

i just posted a video not long ago referencing tape. whatever man.

Silva came in at 148.5 lbs.

Chandler and Levy also missed weight. Think all three lose.

He does watch tape, he picked Curtis blaydes last week

GM3 should realistically sub Bryan but GM3 is sucha goof that I have zero faith in him. He loves to stay on his super low volume kickboxing stance while seeming gassed for 3 rounds before pulling a sub out of his ass.

Nzechukwu at nearly -600 is crazy. OSP is more than done at this point, his fight with Lins proved it, but I did not like how Kennedy looked in his last two. His shtick of overcoming slow starts works more often than not, but getting rocked by Clark and subsequently iced by Jacoby are the reddest flags one could get.

He should still get by OSP here but throw something on Ovince's line in case Kennedy runs into something.
OSP looked so damn done his last fight

But damn, it would be glorious to see him pull a meme sub for the last time

Thiago Moises Vs Mitch Ramirez.PNG

Thiago Moises (17-7) Vs Mitch Ramirez (8-1)

Mitch Ramirez is stepping in on short notice to make his debut against top BJJ ace Thiago Moises after Brad Riddell withdrew due to an injury.

Ramirez previously competed on the Contender Series last summer and lost to Carlos Prates via KO in the second round.

Carlos Prates has proven to be a knockout artist and fortunately for Ramirez he will not have to worry too much about that versus Thiago Moises.

Thiago Moises will definitely hold a substantial edge in the grappling and on the mat and if he wins it will most likely be a submission.

This is a great matchup and a classic grappler versus striker bout. Ramirez will hold a decent size advantage in terms of height and would be wise to keep distance and avoid getting taken down at all costs.

The odds are quite wide here and while Thiago Moises is the rightful favorite, I believe Ramirez has the tools to turn this into a much closer fight then the odds suggest.

I will take a chance on the UFC newcomer and my prediction is for him to get a decision victory but I will only bet on the Moneyline.

Pick: Mitch Ramirez ML (+300)

Tybura / Tai

Sided with Tybura on the grounds that he's a better style matchup. Improved his standup and he's favorable in a 5 rounder where his grappling will gas up Tai. Age is a problem but not as much in hw fighters. Tai showed some getup skills against Spivak but was eventually subdued in rnd 2, I think Tybura is heavier from top position than Spivak, and he dominated Spivak. I do see a sub threat here, as he did have a few subs pre ufc. A tko gnp/sub likely scenarios as Tybura also just got his bjj black belt, he's going to perhaps come in more enthusiastic about grappling than stand up. Biggest concern is his need to wanna prove himself on his feet and waiting too long to grapple, as he's done this before. Played as a parlay piece but faded in one parlay in case he gets chinned by Tai which is a possibility.

Back