UFC Anaheim has only 1 hometown SoCal guy

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
and that's Brian Ortega of Black House/Gracie gym who's actually from LA county (1.5 hours away).

Last card looked like Long Island, NY vs everybody.

Where's the Kings MMA guys? Oyama? T-Ferg? Black House? Where are the Southern California guys on this card?

Can't complain this card is bad assed

But could have used
Dariush
Cub Swanson
Sam alvey or some Temecula reps
Who else?

Does Maia have bjj ties to so cal?

how many LA guys are actually on the roster?

Dude there are a lot of good fighters and gyms out of Southern Cali. And plenty on the roster.

The card is pretty stacked I won't deny that but it would be nice to get some guys reppin young california so the crowd would get a little more lit.

If Ian McCall wasn't cursed, would have been cool to have him there too

and that's Brian Ortega of Black House/Gracie gym who's actually from LA county (1.5 hours away).

Where's the Kings MMA guys? Oyama? T-Ferg? Black House? Where are the Southern California guys on this card?

Gilbert is doing everything but fighting.

Tony is waiting for Ramadan to end and practicing lines in the mirror.

Ellenburger just got platinumbed.

I consider Cyborg our Orange County representative. Lives and trains in Huntington. And she looks Mexican.

Seriously. Ortega can hold it down tho...fuck the rest.

Also, Cyborg has lived here long enough, she's definitely a local where I stay.

Edit: Kailin too (San Clemente)...although she's originally from HI.

They've held events in SoCal for 11 years now so the need to fill the card with locals and the locals themselves demanding being on the card is diminished, them having UFC events in Anaheim/Los Angeles is old hat now.

Back